Recruiting Page

immamac

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

Is there some form of 247 api that you can imbed onto a webpage?

No, fuck them. The guys on this site do a great job of finding the announcements on Twitter and from the recruits themselves. We don't need some fake news shit from 247

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

No, fuck them. The guys on this site do a great job of finding the announcements on Twitter and from the recruits themselves. We don't need some fake news shit from 247

I don’t want to pull their breaking news, but instead use it to create something to pull all of thier UT commitment links to the page

9 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Can we get a roster table too?

we reference this out of date one all the time 

https://insidetexas.com/football/football.php?pg=fb_roster

247 caught on to how nice this is. Not all team sites do one. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2020-Football/ScholarshipDistribution/

We'll have a group of people that can help - just don't want any randos being able to edit it though. 

So rosters + recruits for football to start is what we'll do. Links to their respective threads and a link to the tweet/video of their commitment. 

I don't really like the idea of stars, do we want to come up with something else exclusive to surlyhorns how we rank them?

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

We'll have a group of people that can help - just don't want any randos being able to edit it though. 

So rosters + recruits for football to start is what we'll do. Links to their respective threads and a link to the tweet/video of their commitment. 

I don't really like the idea of stars, do we want to come up with something else exclusive to surlyhorns how we rank them?

One thought: Have a panel of our self-appointed surly recruiting experts rate them on floor (not ready, contributor, star, e.g.), ceiling, and overall take urgency (pass, depth, take, hold a spot, e.g.). Assign numeric values to the ratings.

I nominate [mention=691]Hank Scorpio[/mention] to write insurmountably positive articles about how every single news event shows how our program is surging and that we are still probably leading for each recruit.  No facts shall dissuade him.
so basically our version of Lucci.

I nominate Satyanash to counteract every positive take with an even greater negative response.

12 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

One thought: Have a panel of our self-appointed surly recruiting experts rate them on floor (not ready, contributor, star, e.g.), ceiling, and overall take urgency (pass, depth, take, hold a spot, e.g.). Assign numeric values to the ratings.

These are all good ideas. I think we should also give each recruit a nickname. 

fields for the db:

• name
  • position
  • picture
  • year
  • hometown
  • high school
  • Commitment date
  • huddle link
  • composite score
  • 247 / espn / rivals scores/rankings
  • post career eval
  • write up of recruit
  • twitter handle
  • instagram
  • reported offers

what else?

Edited by blacklab

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

fields for the db:

• name
  • position
  • picture
  • year
  • hometown
  • high school
  • huddle link
  • composite score
  • 247 / espn / rivals scores/rankings
  • post career eval
  • write up of recruit
  • twitter handle
  • instagram

what else?

Reported Offers, but that could be tricky in one field and/or would require a scrape.