YouTube shooting

Swam@Texas

Not familiar with red flag laws but I'll read up on it. Seems like reasonable measures to declare someone unable to purchase guns based on actual evidence that the person is a danger could work. For instance when they are reported as a danger by their families, school administrators, local law enforcement.

It's also something that could easily be abused by those same people. Without reading the language I don't have any comment on it.

Either way, the guns are out there and it's a long process to address that. So this seems to impact new purchases, which is a start and certainly something to be discussed. It appears to address an exacerbating factor (guns make it easy to kill people) and does not address WHY someone might want to kill innocent people. But maybe it addresses limitations on people who are likely to kill other people and that might be a good thing.

I'll have to read the language.

But instead of both sides taking a black/white stance on it, the world is made up of grey.

Instead of throwing out random twits from dumb ass politicians, why don't we try to have an honest discussion. I realize it isn't as fun, but if reasonably educated and intelligent assholes on this site can't at least make an effort to have an honest discussion without talking past each other and making false accusations, then we'll just leave it up to the uneducated masses who are easily riled up by those with an agenda on both sides.

I'm big on addressing the root cause and also looking at how to reasonably address exacerbating factors.

On 4/3/2018 at 3:53 PM, nineliveslost said:

It's just a helpless feeling. I get so sick of this crap, but it seems no one has any ideas on how to stop it. 

You know I used to think that the world was full of good people that sometimes did bad things. Now it seems the world is full of bad people that sometimes do good things...

Maybe im just in a pessimistic pissy mood

We have identified Brisket’s first Surly sock. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m mostly pessimistic, not pissy.

Mostly not pissy, agreed, except for the last 6 Shag months where the sky was falling and an extra incessant use of EMPHASIS CAPS

13 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

I'm big on addressing the root cause and also looking at how to reasonably address exacerbating factors.

I don't think any one single thing by itself lead her to this.  It's most likely a confluence of many different factors that aren't normally predictive.  Not every single crime could have been prevented.  If someone is determined enough, they will find a way.  There are still plenty of murders going on in US prisons.