How to Buy a 5-Star Recruit: The Demond Demas Saga

texifornia

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

@Burt Macklin's tl;dr version:

So basically, weā€™ve gotten as much evidence as would ever come to light without an FBI investigation that FWK wa shoppingā€™s Demond and aggy, who was not even in his top 5, clearly paid top price and got him to commit shortly after. Then, FWK and aggy work out a mutually beneficial situation where Demas goes to tomball to help out the son of FWKā€™s financial investor and stash him on a team with an aggy HC, so they can have the HC Ward off other schools and secure FWKā€™s loyalty beyond just being the highest bidder. So basically aggy screwed Demas our of playing his senior season so they could lock him up and then will further screw him by putting him in a system thatā€™s terrible for WRs. Iā€™d almost feel bad for Demas if he wasnā€™t a shithead who bashes UT at every chance.

You still forgot to add that the cited reason of a better environment somehow neglecting leaving the two younger siblings who weren't college football prospects behind at North Forest. And editing the actual quote in the OP from NeonMoon that had the North Forest HC would probably be useful as well.Ā 

Ā 

Just constructive criticism, great workĀ  man.Ā 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

You still forgot to add that the cited reason of a better environment somehow neglecting leaving the two younger siblings who weren't college football prospects behind at North Forest.Ā 

Oh right, I added it to the long version. One sec.

And, @closetojumping's ideas for what to do with this if anyone's having a slow day at work:

There is still an appetite for folks to dig into stuff like this, basically because thereā€™s concrete proof and a scent trail. Aggies love turning the turret on entities and attempting to force them to capitulate to aggie demands. This is one where the idiots have exposed themselves and garnered our attention because they canā€™t shut the fuck up about ridiculous conspiracies.Ā 

You could basically take Neonmoonā€™s post, add links and do any other simple digging that suits you, wrap it into a Word, PPT or PDF and ship it to the Robinson guy at Yahoo that did the Lyles story. I donā€™t know if heā€™s still there but this is the kind of shit he digs. The NCAA has an electronic inbox for delivering things like this. Itā€™s also not hard to send in to the UT, UH, Tech, LSU, Arky, SMU, OU and OSU athletic programs without comment. Strong odds if you do all that, which would probably take a couple of hours if a few of you crowdsourced it, itā€™s not crazy to think a story or case comes in from somewhere. This one is as corrupt as a $3 bill.Ā 

• Like 2

Just now, texifornia said:

And, @closetojumping's ideas for what to do with this if anyone's having a slow day at work:

There is still an appetite for folks to dig into stuff like this, basically because thereā€™s concrete proof and a scent trail. Aggies love turning the turret on entities and attempting to force them to capitulate to aggie demands. This is one where the idiots have exposed themselves and garnered our attention because they canā€™t shut the fuck up about ridiculous conspiracies.Ā 

You could basically take Neonmoonā€™s post, add links and do any other simple digging that suits you, wrap it into a Word, PPT or PDF and ship it to the Robinson guy at Yahoo that did the Lyles story. I donā€™t know if heā€™s still there but this is the kind of shit he digs. The NCAA has an electronic inbox for delivering things like this. Itā€™s also not hard to send in to the UT, UH, Tech, LSU, Arky, SMU, OU and OSU athletic programs without comment. Strong odds if you do all that, which would probably take a couple of hours if a few of you crowdsourced it, itā€™s not crazy to think a story or case comes in from somewhere. This one is as corrupt as a $3 bill.Ā 

The only thing missing is someone to dig up the right email addresses, honestly. Putting this in a word doc takes 10 minutes.Ā 

This is all a sip conspiracy! Ā My grandma always said where there is a pile of shit in your yard, you are bound to find a dog. Seems very fishy that FWK gets a spot on the land of an Aggie. Ā I would love to see how he paid for it. Ā This could get nasty and aggy will play the ā€œWe didnā€™t knowā€ card. Ā They have really taken to life in the SEC. Ā I hope this goes further and they all burn for cheating.Ā 

I would feel bad for Demond if he wasnā€™t such a dick at every chance to bad mouth us. Ā Heā€™s guilty because he played alongĀ and he should lose his right to play college ball for at least a year if he goes to aggy.Ā 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

This is all a sip conspiracy! Ā My grandma always said where there is a pile of shit in your yard, you are bound to find a dog. Seems very fishy that FWK gets a spot on the land of an Aggie. Ā I would love to see how he paid for it. Ā This could get nasty and aggy will play the ā€œWe didnā€™t knowā€ card. Ā They have really taken to life in the SEC. Ā I hope this goes further and they all burn for cheating.Ā 

I would feel bad for Demond if he wasnā€™t such a dick at every chance to bad mouth us. Ā Heā€™s guilty because he played alongĀ and he should lose his right to play college ball for at least a year if he goes to aggy.Ā 

The rumor is that the Dunn family are actually burnt orange. Not sure if that's true, but if it is the land FWK is on isn't necessarily aggy.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

You don't think Herman knows how this shit works when he's constantly recruiting against Aggy/UGA,LSU, etc.?Ā  Cmon man.....

There's a difference between knowing how shit works and being able to drop a document outlining all of it explicitly to recruits and their parents, dude. Sort of like the difference between saying "Listen, Jimbo Fisher is scummy, fosters a bad environment to kids and doesn't care about education" versus just tossing down some printed out copies of articles from sports journalists that chronicle the details of his fall at FSU and how they have the lowest APR in college football.Ā 

People have been telling stories about Art Briles for decades now as a scumbag and rape apologist. Guess there was nothing different about that and the coverage at Baylor, either.Ā 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You still forgot to add that the cited reason of a better environment somehow neglecting leaving the two younger siblings who weren't college football prospects behind at North Forest. And editing the actual quote in the OP from NeonMoon that had the North Forest HC would probably be useful as well.Ā 

Ā 

Just constructive criticism, great workĀ  man.Ā 

my post was focusing on the dirty recruiting aspect, since others had covered the holes in Demas' transfer case, but yeah, that should definitely be included in the overall argument.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's a difference between knowing how shit works and being able to drop a document outlining all of it explicitly to recruits and their parents, dude. Sort of like the difference between saying "Listen, Jimbo Fisher is scummy, fosters a bad environment to kids and doesn't care about education" versus just tossing down some printed out copies of articles from sports journalists that chronicle the details of his fall at FSU and how they have the lowest APR in college football.Ā 

People have been telling stories about Art Briles for decades now as a scumbag and rape apologist. Guess there was nothing different about that and the coverage at Baylor, either.Ā 

My point wasĀ I'm sure Herman was already well aware of the connection between Demas, FWK,Ā the Tomball move, the Tomball head coach, his prospect sonĀ and Aggy.Ā  Ā I mean Demas is one of the top recruits in the State.Ā Ā  Seriously doubt any of this is news to him.

You forgot North Forest Head Coach Terrell quote

Terrell also said he was notified by coaches at LSU, Mississippi and Oklahoma State that Whitfield was ā€œshoppingā€ Demas and Dunn as a ā€œpackageā€ to prospective schools. Demas committed to A&M last September while at North Forest. Dunn has not picked a school.

Ā 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

Didn't someone post screenshots of FWK texting the parents of a "prospect" and telling them that he could get them an offer to college XYZ for $5k?

Indeed, they did. And then a now notorious surly poster who couldn't understand phone numbers berated an innocent man over text, thinking it was the FWK, only to be met with the now iconic "I'm in Hydraulics."Ā 

That was it, yes?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Skipper said:

You don't think Herman knows how this shit works when he's constantly recruiting against Aggy/UGA,LSU, etc.?Ā  Cmon man.....

I'm sure he knows there's smoke considering FWK is involved but I doubt he knows all of these details unearthed by our resident detectives.Ā 

2 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

We need Brett Mcmurphy on the case. Perhaps he can start with an interview of the North Forest HC.

I'm surprised Zach Smith didn't off that poor bloke, there was and is still some serious bad blood there. McMurphy's story on Zach Smith was huge.

People are already running away with this but it doesn't make sense.Ā 

Assuming that A&M/FWK/Demas/Dunn/Flanagan are all working together, two of the main "facts" here are irreconcilable:Ā 

1. FWK is shopping Demas and Dunn as a package deal
  2. A&M isn't recruiting Dunn and even put DemasĀ under Flanagan so that other schools can't get him

If FWK/A&M are working togehter, why is A&M letting him shop their best commitment to other schools?

Someone will say it's just to get Dunn offers and that Demas isn't actually being shopped. If that's the case, if the entire purpose of that is to buy Demas, why is a core part of the plan toĀ pretend to sellĀ him to other schools? It's just a stupid idea.Ā 

Plus there's the small detail that Demas was committed to A&M and bought in to their class like 6 months before the transfer.Ā 

• Like 1

I initially took the "shopping" statement as a publicĀ allegation of money changing hands but it seems to be more about FWK wanting to find a school to take both Demas and Dunn? Where there's smoke there's usually fire but maybe I'm reading too much into it. Is the NCAA rules violation possibility at this point more about impermissible benefits?

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

I'm sure he knows there's smoke considering FWK is involved but I doubt he knows all of these details unearthed by our resident detectives.Ā 

Maybe.Ā  But I think you underestimate how much coaches know. Particularly when it's an elite recruit that could really make a difference.Ā  Ā Ā 

4 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Assuming that A&M/FWK/Demas/Dunn/Flanagan are all working together, two of the main "facts" here are irreconcilable:Ā 

2. A&M isn't recruiting Dunn and even put DemasĀ under Flanagan so that other schools can't get him

If FWK/A&M are working togehter, why is A&M letting him shop their best commitment to other schools?

Someone will say it's just to get Dunn offers and that Demas isn't actually being shopped. If that's the case, if the entire purpose of that is to buy Demas, why is a core part of the plan toĀ pretend to sellĀ him to other schools? It's just a stupid idea.Ā 

Plus there's the small detail that Demas was committed to A&M and bought in to their class like 6 months before the transfer.Ā 

FWK: "Dunn and Demas are a package deal."

*crickets*

aggy: "We don't want Dunn, but if Demas commits to us, we have a plan to get the QBĀ some offers..."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Along these lines, is thisĀ story really just wealthy dude with gridiron dreams for his sonĀ tries to buy QB son the area's best WR?