How to Buy a 5-Star Recruit: The Demond Demas Saga

texifornia

27 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Most teams submit their basketball rosters by December. 

I'm guessing no one sent Maxpreps a memo when DD left for Tomball. 

Edited by UncleBuck

43 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

maxpreps is not an authoritative source on anything...some football programs may do a good job keeping their pages up to date, but most sports programs are horrible about keeping anything accurate there

24 minutes ago, pacman said:

maxpreps is not an authoritative source on anything...some football programs may do a good job keeping their pages up to date, but most sports programs are horrible about keeping anything accurate there

Maxpreps and 247 are both owned by CBS. Why they haven't streamlined those products, I have no idea. Maxpreps is always a mess.

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

So i guess this is over?

yes we asserted our control again.  we got the UIL to declare demas ineligible.  we spiked a proverbial volleyball into his face.

we know what a piece of shit demas is.  we know what a fraud fat hamm is.  we again know that fwk is dirty.  we know what a fraud the tomball coach is.

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

yes we asserted our control again.  we got the UIL to declare demas ineligible.  we spiked a proverbial volleyball into his face.

we know what a piece of shit demas is.  we know what a fraud fat hamm is.  we again know that fwk is dirty.  we know what a fraud the tomball coach is.

You forgot KKL

Just now, MoJames said:

You forgot KKL

no revelation there.  it's well documented that she's a batshit crazy, hired gun with no allegiance to any school.  her allegiance is with her employer, jimbo.  so all the ut hate and aggy love is fucking lulz worthy because it's fake as shit.  

There is already proof that the Dunn businesses donate money to Aggy. That qualifies them as a booster. All you need to prove is that Demond is living with the Dunns (he is) or that they are paying for the Grandfathers apartment as alleged. Either of those seem pretty simple to prove if you were the NCAA, but again, they don’t give a shit. And haven’t since Cam Newton 

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

There is already proof that the Dunn businesses donate money to Aggy. That qualifies them as a booster. All you need to prove is that Demond is living with the Dunns (he is) or that they are paying for the Grandfathers apartment as alleged. Either of those seem pretty simple to prove if you were the NCAA, but again, they don’t give a shit. And haven’t since Cam Newton 

I'm sure someone else remembers the details better than I, but there is some precedent for the NCAA to rule a prospect ineligible to receive athletic aid from a specific school based on recruiting irregularities, even absent a major violation or other sanction against the school.

28 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I'm sure someone else remembers the details better than I, but there is some precedent for the NCAA to rule a prospect ineligible to receive athletic aid from a specific school based on recruiting irregularities, even absent a major violation or other sanction against the school.

What a fucking rush that would be.

• 5 months later...

Is that the kid from the family Demas lived w/? That background story was great, w/the package deal and Dad owning the building where the trainer, who assuredly set this all in motion, trained his stable.

Does trainer still have access? Anyone, anyone?

Edited by Nolacycling

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All that to still have to pay?

when he could have gone to philly and gotten a much better education for free while still wearing maroon?

I don't believe his family is hurting for money. I'm sure there were no financial incentives for the housing of Demas due his horrible safety and family situation, especially with his Momma going to die or some made up shit that she slapped him for.

30 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Whenever I hear someone labeled as a good Ag, I know it is code for raging asshole.

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I usually hear "superficially friendly blockhead with a bunch of yell leader stuff where the intellectual curiosity should be."

I usually think of a Branch Davidian but dumber and more out of touch with reality. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hornsfan91 said:

FWK gets to keep his facility. 

true, not only that he raised his prices and is fully booked. 

but he gets so much free pub from local sports guys that this stuff isn't landing on him any more. 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Aggy couldn't be cheating more openly. 

The minor probation was a warning shot to aggy.  The demas payoff and a few others pissed off a lot of folks in big 12 country -  Don’t bring that sec shit to our back yard.    Notice the extreme drop off of in-state recruiting for aggy since demas.  

6 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

The minor probation was a warning shot to aggy.  The demas payoff and a few others pissed off a lot of folks in big 12 country -  Don’t bring that sec shit to our back yard.    Notice the extreme drop off of in-state recruiting for aggy since demas.  

Your hot takes continue to be room temperature. at best. Have you considered a career selling insurance? There’s a legend in Cypress, TX who seems like he’d be an outstanding mentor for you. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

Best Dodgson GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

Do you know how long it has been here? Here is Derric Evans from Dallas Carter signing his NLOI with Tennessee.

hottubsign.jpg