Justin Tucker

idigTexas

...so I refuse to watch this "tiger" bullshit. I do my own research prior to viewing really anything.

I refuse to do a goddamned thing that gives any notoriety to anyone from fucking oklahoma. Those murderous land thieves can not be afforded any safe harbor. No media. No passage. No acceptance. I don't forgive any of them for their egregious faults.

So being out of the loop for whatever stupid thing society latches onto is fine by me. I will not abide and I will not yield.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 10:32 AM, crimsonlonghorn said:

Dude is so talented. Music degree from UT. Guitar. Opera singer. Piano. 

Oh yeah, he also is one of the best kickers in the NFL history, has a Super Bowl ring, and gave us 27-25. 

Might not be the greatest Longhorn of all time, but he's waaaay up on the list.

Fixed for accuracy and appropriate level of homerism.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 6:30 AM, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

...so I refuse to watch this "tiger" bullshit. I do my own research prior to viewing really anything.

I refuse to do a goddamned thing that gives any notoriety to anyone from fucking oklahoma. Those murderous land thieves can not be afforded any safe harbor. No media. No passage. No acceptance. I don't forgive any of them for their egregious faults.

So being out of the loop for whatever stupid thing society latches onto is fine by me. I will not abide and I will not yield.

Tiger King seems to favor the Horns, at least based on some fashion choices. He was also married to two dudes so there’s that. Nonetheless, due to other factors, I don’t think it’s in the Oklahoma tourism board’s greatest hits collection.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to spoiler stuff. Even stuff you don’t give a shit about 

• 4 months later...
47 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Saw during last game Tucker had made his last 63 FG inside 40 yards...

Looked it up and he's only missed twice in his NFL career from inside 40 yards 😮   Made 151 of 153  - 98.7% from inside 40

Never missed FG inside 30 yards 😮

I've said it before, but after having the pressure of the Texas/a&m rivalry riding on his last college kick, everything thereafter must have seemed like a cakewalk. 

51 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Saw during last game Tucker had made his last 63 FG inside 40 yards...

Looked it up and he's only missed twice in his NFL career from inside 40 yards 😮   Made 151 of 153  - 98.7% from inside 40

Never missed FG inside 30 yards 😮

I’m not really sure if there’s anything left for him to do to go down as the best kicker ever. He certainly has the best stats. I guess a game winning FG in the Super Bowl a la Vinatieri would help, but it’s not as if he hasn’t had some big kicks in the playoffs already. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Dawson probably would have hit that kick but I can't think of any other Texas FG kicker that I would trust to hit that kick with that pressure.  Very lucky Tucker was our kicker that day.

Erxleben would have nailed that kick with no problem.  Of course then he would have tried to talk you into investing in a pyramid scheme.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Erxleben would have nailed that kick with no problem.  Of course then he would have tried to talk you into investing in a pyramid scheme.

I know you were using him for the joke but erxleben wasn't very accurate and the goal posts were wider then as well.  He could kick loooooong though.  still the only 3 time AA punter.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

May get to add a new skill to his NFL resume. 

Baltimore Ravens punter Sam Koch was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Wednesday, which puts his 15-year consecutive games streak in jeopardy.

Koch was held out of Wednesday's practice after his most recent COVID-19 test came back inconclusive, a source told ESPN. He has not missed a game since being drafted in the sixth round by the Ravens in 2006, playing in a franchise-record 239 straight games.

Further testing will determine how long Koch will be out.

The potential loss of Koch comes days before the Ravens' critical season finale at the Cincinnati Bengals. Baltimore (10-5) can clinch a wild-card berth by beating Cincinnati.

If Koch is out, kicker Justin Tucker would likely replace him. Tucker averaged 40.5 yards on 155 punts at Texas.

The other issue is that Koch is the holder on extra points and field goals. Tight end Mark Andrews took some snaps as the holder in training camp.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:47 AM, dcar00 said:

Dawson probably would have hit that kick but I can't think of any other Texas FG kicker that I would trust to hit that kick with that pressure.  Very lucky Tucker was our kicker that day.

Dicker's decent, but he probably would have shanked it off Bevo. I think he's getting worse, not better.  

just a random thought re: Texas kickers.... for Mack's entre tenure here, his kickers (which were ALL walkons to start because Mack didnt want to waste a new scholly on a kicker), rarely, if ever, missed a crucial FG with less than 5 mins left in the game. 

its kinda nuts to think about.  I remember the 3rd stringer at one of the Nebraska games who kicked another comeback v Nebraska game winner (It may have even been on his birthday)  and Im not talking about Tucker with 1 sec left. 

Then Mack goes... and we get rando kickers all over, who start missing all kinds of shit.... Nick Rose Im talking about you. 

we had an incredible run of clutch kickers from Dawson all the way to Tucker. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

just a random thought re: Texas kickers.... for Mack's entre tenure here, his kickers (which were ALL walkons to start because Mack didnt want to waste a new scholly on a kicker), rarely, if ever, missed a crucial FG with less than 5 mins left in the game. 

its kinda nuts to think about.  I remember the 3rd stringer at one of the Nebraska games who kicked another comeback v Nebraska game winner (It may have even been on his birthday)  and Im not talking about Tucker with 1 sec left. 

Then Mack goes... and we get rando kickers all over, who start missing all kinds of shit.... Nick Rose Im talking about you. 

It was very easy to take for granted if you started attending UT in the early 90’s.

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I wonder how much making sure he set up the kickers in the right spot on the field where they are the most comfortable from the particular distance affected this? Some kickers like the left hash, some the middle, some the right. The distance might affect where they like to kick from. So when you are calling plays at the end of game and need a FG, you need to make sure you get the ball positioned where your kicker likes it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn, already 2 missed FGs in the 1st half tonight...

• Hits left upright on first kick
  • Hits right upright on second kick

Ridiculous winds in Buffalo tonight....

Justin makes 3rd field goal attempt just inside the right upright -- lucky it was only 35yd FG

Game tied at halftime...   

Ravens   3

Bills       3

Edited by LTtxfan

• 8 months later...