Justin Tucker

idigTexas

https://slate.com/culture/2021/09/justin-tucker-66-yard-field-goal-woohoo.html?via=rss

"Justin Tucker’s record-setting, game-winning field goal was one of the greatest plays in NFL history."

"Tucker’s kick marked the first time the record has increased by more than a single yard since Dempsey broke the previous record, set by Bert Rechichar of the Baltimore Colts in 1953, by seven yards."

"Plus, Tucker’s kick was aesthetically unforgettable. To get to the goalposts—66 yards is very far away—longer kicks need more line drive than loft; the holder usually tips the ball farther forward than normal, resulting in a lower trajectory. Tucker’s kick, though, had plenty of arc, so it plopped onto the crossbar and ricocheted straight up. It was reminiscent of Kawhi Leonard’s Game 7 buzzer-beater for the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA playoffs, which, like Tucker’s kick, soared high, bounced high, and landed in the right place. There’s nothing like a doink—or a Double Doink. But a doink to win a game and set an all-time record? Amazing."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32286586/baltimore-ravens-tucker-wins-game-detroit-lions-record-66-yard-fg

"There have been only seven go-ahead field goals of 60-plus yards in the final minute in NFL history, and Tucker is the only kicker with multiple ones, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Both have come at Ford Field for Tucker."

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-kicker-justin-tucker-nfl-record-66-yard-field-goal-lions

"Tucker's 66-yard field goal was his fourth of the day (39, 50, 32). All in all, he accounted for 13 of Baltimore's 19 points."

"Tucker is considered the best kicker of his era and perhaps the most talented placekicker of all time, and his greatest in-game achievement, of what is now almost assuredly a Hall of Fame career, may very well be Sunday's historic kick."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yeah uh, I dont see how people can root for the Texans. Only fucking morons are fans of an organization that passed on Tucker to draft an aggy kicker in the 5th round

That’s about reason #438 why I don’t want to root for the Texans.  The first reason is that they are not the fucking Houston Oilers!  Regardless, I already had ultimate admiration for Justin, but this kick just makes it all the better.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yeah uh, I dont see how people can root for the Texans. Only fucking morons are fans of an organization that passed on Tucker to draft an aggy kicker in the 5th round

An aggy kicker who looks like R2-D2 at that...

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

That’s about reason #438 why I don’t want to root for the Texans.  The first reason is that they are not the fucking Houston Oilers!  Regardless, I already had ultimate admiration for Justin, but this kick just makes it all the better.

This...anything anybody does anywhere that makes the Houston notOilers look bad is alright by me, and if it's a Longhorn legend doing it, so much the better. 

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Jan Stenerud and Vinatieri were the GOATs for the previous two generations of kickers. 

Morten Anderson and George Blanda would like to have a word in private.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RPM said:

Morten Anderson and George Blanda would like to have a word in private.

Forgot about those two...I guess it went Blanda-Stenrud-Andersen-Vinatieri-Tucker.

Here's something that makes me feel older not just than dirt, but God. I can remember opening a pack of football cards and getting a George Blanda....Decades later, I saw a Happy Days rerun where they were talking about football games that weekend, and one of them said something like "The Bears can't win with that old man Blanda at Qb."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Forgot about those two...I guess it went Blanda-Stenrud-Andersen-Vinatieri-Tucker.

Here's something that makes me feel older not just than dirt, but God. I can remember opening a pack of football cards and getting a George Blanda....Decades later, I saw a Happy Days rerun where they were talking about football games that weekend, and one of them said something like "The Bears can't win with that old man Blanda at Qb."

Blanda was Brady before Brady and he still holds the record for oldest QB to start a title game. But he didn't have Justin's leg.