Justin Tucker

idigTexas

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I have family who are lions fans. Trust me, they’re used to it.

I grew up watching the Lol'ns, but when I moved to Houston I became an Astros/Rocket/Oilers fans and I tell my family that are still diehard Lions fans that I'd rather still be pissed about the Oilers leaving than watch a Lions games. 
And you are 1000% right, they all are so used to it that they really expect to lose.

51 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

In today's column, Peter King's reaction JT's kick was "he's going to the HoF some day." Great to hear from a voter, but King will be long dead by the time JT is eligible. And JT will wait unnecessarily while the voters find some 2nd string Steeler or Packer linemen from their SB teams to put in.

LC Greenwood says hi!

53 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

In today's column, Peter King's reaction JT's kick was "he's going to the HoF some day." Great to hear from a voter, but King will be long dead by the time JT is eligible. And JT will wait unnecessarily while the voters find some 2nd string Steeler or Packer linemen from their SB teams to put in.

I'd like to think Tucker has a great shot at the Hall of Fame, but it seems like it's been harder for special teams players to make it in.  Owning the NFL record certainly helps.

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I'd like to think Tucker has a great shot at the Hall of Fame, but it seems like it's been harder for special teams players to make it in.  Owning the NFL record certainly helps.

K (4)
Morten Andersen 1982-2007
George Blanda (Also QB) 1949-1958, 1960-1975
Lou Groza (Also T) 1946-1959, 1961-1967
Jan Stenerud 1967-1985

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

he'll get in.  it just won't be on the first ballot.  vinatieri is next(given all is super bowl exploits and numbers).  then Tucker.

Just now, shnsajax said:

Shouldn't matter. If you are the best ever at a quantifiable position after a 10+ year career, then this should be the case.

I'm telling you what will happen not what should happen.  he's gonna need more lifetime points.  he's on pace for about 2600 if he plays for 20 years.

He will get in if he is over 2200 given his accuracy.  2000 is borderline these days. 

FG kickers should get more run in the HOF IMO because they are very responsible for the outcome of games many times and actually affect the scoreboard a lot(unlike 99% of punters) but...they are kickers.  I'm sure the Ravens all treat Tucker with great respect but HOF voters are a different breed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

He's being mentioned everywhere as a Hall of Famer today. Because it's a popularity contest he just passed Step 1 for getting in, which is a huge step. Obviously if he tanks for some reason that might change, but as of right now he's a Hall of Famer.

yes he's a hall of famer if he has the normal 20 year kicking career.

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you can be the best player of your era at a position and not get in the HOF then your position should probably just be eliminated from the game

I looked up all the kickers in the HOF and it's a short list.  I get why the position is marginalized because it's so much different than the rest of the game, but it's insane that a marginalized position is responsible for so many points.  You'd think they would have just made FGs worth 1 point if they wanted to shit on kickers.

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

FG kickers should get more run in the HOF IMO because they are very responsible for the outcome of games many times and actually affect the scoreboard a lot(unlike 99% of punters) but...they are kickers.  I'm sure the Ravens all treat Tucker with great respect but HOF voters are a different breed.

Agreed - kickers are exponentially under-rated IMHO. Probably because they tend to be a little quirky most other players (and future coaches) don't really get them. Capt. Obvious, but a good kicker can dramatically change in-game strategy. The Cowboys would be 2-0 if Greg the Leg didn't get the yips against the Bradys.

26 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Agreed - kickers are exponentially under-rated IMHO. Probably because they tend to be a little quirky most other players (and future coaches) don't really get them. Capt. Obvious, but a good kicker can dramatically change in-game strategy. The Cowboys would be 2-0 if Greg the Leg didn't get the yips against the Bradys.

They could also be 0-2 or 1-1 with a win in tampa and loss in LA. All because of the kicker. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

For all his faults, Mack was really good at special teams.  We almost always had really good kickers and our coverage and return teams were nasty.

Mack's teams in general were insanely clutch. If the game was close, we were really likely to win. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

If he retires tomorrow he is going to the hall. Not only the most accurate kicker of all times but the longest. He is the the goat and it’s not even close. Like the difference between Michael Jordan and John Starks. 

Justin Tucker is the the longest kicker of all time? I didn't realize anyone even tracked that metric. Good for him. 

On 9/27/2021 at 12:59 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you can be the best player of your era at a position and not get in the HOF then your position should probably just be eliminated from the game

There's a reason George Halas and Paul Brown had Tackles and QB's punting and kicking...