Breaking Bad Movie

Zwylde

Does someone actually live at Walt and Skyler's house?

Yes. And she’s been tired of the bullshittery.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KOB-TV) - Millions of people around the world over know the Northeast Heights home as the one owned by teacher-turned-meth kingpin Walter White in the AMC show "Breaking Bad," but it's not. It belongs to real humans.

After years of taking vandalism, trespassing, and general rudeness in stride, the real-life homeowners have said enough, it's off limits. For Joanne Quintana, it's been a pretty ridiculous four years.

"We feel like we can't leave because when we, do something happens and that's ridiculous," she said.

Quintana's mom owns the house. Watch what goes down in her neighborhood every single day and you'd think Walter White really lives here. Paul Siddell, visiting from Tuscon, Ariz, said he was pretty into it.

"This is almost like this stuff really happened in these houses," he said.

On a weekly basis, Quintana said she loses count of how many people come to the house. Over the first Balloon Fiesta weekend, she estimates it climbed into the hundreds. In 15 minutes, a KOB news crew counted nearly 10 tourists.

They can get nasty. Some even steal rocks from the landscaping as souvenirs.

"They feel the need to tell us to close our garage, get out of the picture, you know -- tell us what to do on our own property," Quintana said.

After a particularly messy weekend, the free show is over. Quintana is installing a 6-foot high wrought iron fence. It wasn't exactly an easy decision; it's one that feels like a punishment.

That fence should be completed soon, but Quintana said people have already tried to climb around the construction to get a picture.

"We don't want to gate ourselves in," Quintana said. "We're the ones who's being locked up. We did nothing wrong."

At a UNM area duplex used as Jesse Pinkman's apartment, the renter deals with it as well. Every weekend, she has at least three or four people up here trying to take a selfie at her front door. Weckiai Rannila said it's annoying at worst, but she applauds Quintana's fence.

She said if it ever got bad, she'd break too.

Frank Sandoval runs Breaking Bad RV Tours. He's become almost a private police force, shooing people from properties.

"We hear about it on a daily basis, so much so that we've gone up on the roof to pull pizza's down," he said.
  • Like 1

Rewatching BB to get ready for the movie. It’s only my second time through. I’m really wondering what is going to happen in this movie. I had forgotten about how big of a fuck up Jesse is and he basically has to rely on Walt to fix every situation. I’m not saying I’m worried about the movie, I think it will be good, but I wonder if we’re gonna realize that without Walt, Jesse is just an annoying fuck up that doesn’t have that great of a story to tell. 

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d3b8d5ebfdeb56d559

You don’t agree that Walt was who got them out of every jam that we’re mostly due to Jesse’s fuck ups? Without Walt, Jesse would have been arrested or dead very early on and his story would have been over. That’s probably how the movie will end, how could it not. I’m interested to see what happens after Jesse drives off too, but he is a perpetual fuck up. 

did you stop watching after season 1 or something? he's the most calm and measured person in the entire operation by its end. He also saved Walt's (and Mike's) bacon more than once, and his character arc and growth mark one of the outstanding facets of this show which make it (in many peoples opinions) the best of all time. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hot damn rewatched this on youtube. Fuckin a how intense...then maries call saying the cartel is coming for hank while walt laughs like a maniac?

Sooo awesome

Gives me goosebumps. Walt’s laugh, Skyler breaking down, Marie’s phone call and the cinematography and music. Perfection. 

It's crazy how so many lives were turned upside down because of Walt. As Mike said shortly before he died, they had a great thing going with Gus. Everyone was taken care of and it ran smooth. Everyone knew their place. Insert Walk and it falls apart because of how egotistical he was. He had an easy job cooking with Gus's regime. Making $3 million every 3 months.

Jesse never wanted any of that. He was fine being a low level dealer and staying off the radar. He never enjoyed that money they made. And neither did Walt. 

This is my third time watching it. I used to think Jesse was a little bitch and Walt was always there to save him. That was true for a few instances early in the show but after that, it was all Walt. Stepping out of his lane and causing havoc. He manipulated Jesse into doing what he wanted and stripped all the happiness from him.

Can't wait for the movie. Will enjoy much better now that the whole show is fresh on my brain.

• Like 2

While it would be great to see the breaking bad universe brought to the big screen (looks like some AUSTIN theaters will be part of the theatrical release), I know I’m gonna need to frequently look shit up while I’m watching the film to remember backstories properly.  We watched every single episode on real time as it was released, mainly because we didn’t have DVR for the first few seasons.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

While it would be great to see the breaking bad universe brought to the big screen (looks like some AUSTIN theaters will be part of the theatrical release), I know I’m gonna need to frequently look shit up while I’m watching the film to remember backstories properly.  We watched every single episode on real time as it was released, mainly because we didn’t have DVR for the first few seasons.  

If you are a big fan, I'd recommend giving the series another go from start to finish. You'll enjoy it and will pick up on even more since you already know how it unfolds. I had no plans to watch it for a 3rd time. My girlfriend started to watch the show for the first time and I just planned to watch whatever episode she was currently on while at her house. But the show sucked me in big time and I wanted to watch every episode myself. On this go around, I actually enjoyed the Fly episode. I hated it with a passion my first 2 times. Not sure what changed.

She wants to watch Better Call Saul next. I'm not sure how much replay value it has. I told her it is nothing like Breaking Bad. I enjoy the show but in its own way. But how the show leads up to the Breaking Bad world crossing into Saul's world is rewarding. And I love Saul as a character as well as his brother. I know many people who love BB but could not get into Better Call Saul at all.

Jesus the end of Crawlspace has to be one of the best endings to any episode of any show ever. 
I need to rewatch this scene then. For me the scene that still sticks with me is Hank finally arresting Walt in the desert, then the gut-punch as the music drops and Jack's crew pulls up.

That and the Crystal Blue Persuasion montage from the end of Season 5 which was fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's who I've been thinking it was.  It's a little more gravely sounding than Forster's voice, which is already quite gravely.  We know he's alive in the BB universe.  And Jesse seemed to be smirking a bit at whomever was talking, could be the guy from the previous scene with a sidearm.  

We now know from the new trailer, looking back at the first one, that Sneaky Pete talks too much to the cops.  He broke the "show n' tell" pantomime.  

9 hours ago, Kermit said:

Hopefully it’s Robert Forster.

Yeah, pretty sure it is.  

Side note: I saw a clip of Bill Burr on Rich Eisen's show and Eisen asked if he was going to be in El Camino.  Burr said he wasn't only because he had conflict.  So I presume Vince Gilligan tried to get the whole band back together so to speak.  I know that Jonathan Banks is in it (at least one flashback) so I'm hopeful Cranston is too.  And hopefully Bob Odenkirk either in flashback or present time.

16 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

Yeah, pretty sure it is.  

Side note: I saw a clip of Bill Burr on Rich Eisen's show and Eisen asked if he was going to be in El Camino.  Burr said he wasn't only because he had conflict.  So I presume Vince Gilligan tried to get the whole band back together so to speak.  I know that Jonathan Banks is in it (at least one flashback) so I'm hopeful Cranston is too.  And hopefully Bob Odenkirk either in flashback or present time.

It would take a lot more than being trapped in a hole by white supremacists for a year to ever make me crave a Cinnabon.

I need to rewatch this scene then. For me the scene that still sticks with me is Hank finally arresting Walt in the desert, then the gut-punch as the music drops and Jack's crew pulls up.

That and the Crystal Blue Persuasion montage from the end of Season 5 which was fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Crystal blue was such a perfect song for that scene

This is a simple scene..but walt driving his POS pontiad torrent singing Americas "horse with no name" while he drives to cook meth.

Dont know why i loved it so much but shit like that makes this the best series of all time
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

How many times did drunk idiots ask him to say bitch?

None that I ever saw.  We were with people who knew better and were pretty well isolated from the general public.  I would have been the only drunk idiot in our group to have gone there, but even my dumb ass managed to resist.

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I only watched the series once years ago.  My memory of the end was that no one was left alive that really knew Jesse was involved...at least none that would want him dead.  Is that correct?

I’m in the same boat. Got a 4 y/o and a 1y/o so not sure I’m gonna get in a rewatch