Breaking Bad Movie

Zwylde

In case you were wondering:

'Breaking Bad' Creator Vince Gilligan Finally Confirms Whether Or Not Walter White Is Dead

While promoting El Camino, series creator Vince Gilligan stopped by The Rich Eisen Show and settled the debate over whether or not White was dead or alive for good.

According to Gilligan (and he would know):

"Yeah, I’m going to give you that one, Rich, because I love you so much. Yes, Walter White is dead. Yes."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-191859454.html

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Well the trailer shows cops asking Skinny Pete about Jesse’s whereabouts and a news clip about him so it seems like everyone knows about him.

I think the tape he made for Hank ends up in law enforcement hands.

But those could have been flashbacks right? He was in the custody of Hank when Hank disappeared (killed).  Maybe they thought Jesse was a suspect in Hanks disappearance.  

the flashbacks aren't even so much as how we view/viewed Walter White in that universe...but rather how Jesse remembers him in the BB universe.  We'll be seeing flashbacks of callbacks.  It'll be quite cleverly done, at the end of the day...as they say.

In case you were wondering:

'Breaking Bad' Creator Vince Gilligan Finally Confirms Whether Or Not Walter White Is Dead
While promoting El Camino, series creator Vince Gilligan stopped by The Rich Eisen Show and settled the debate over whether or not White was dead or alive for good.
According to Gilligan (and he would know):
"Yeah, I’m going to give you that one, Rich, because I love you so much. Yes, Walter White is dead. Yes."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-191859454.html
Ugh noo!!!!

But those could have been flashbacks right? He was in the custody of Hank when Hank disappeared (killed).  Maybe they thought Jesse was a suspect in Hanks disappearance.  

No?

In the interrogation scene in this trailer SP says he’s seen the news and saw the cage “they kept him in” and he heard what they did to keep him cooking meth. SP says he has no idea where Jesse is but even if he did know he won’t help the cops “put Jesse Pinkman back inside a cage”.

And this one shows Jesse post-escape listening to the news. The news talks about the massacre at the nazi compound and says there was a person of interest who fled and the ABQ police want to find them.

What time does this thing drop?  I've never stayed up for an actual day-of Netflix release...but I assumed it since was already 12midnite-EDT...that it'd be ready to watch in Texas time?  

yet another perfect ending.  Didn't try to throw us any curve balls, or outsmart us.  Just gave us what we wanted, and wrapped it all up.  Now, we just need to finish Saul's story.  I would like to see a check in on Walt's family after they get their money from Walt via Elliot.  Maybe we get that in BCS.  Loved the flash back scenes that added further color to the original story.  Meth Damon should have maybe mixed in a few salets the last 6 years.  Guy is testing the elasticity of the skin on his face.  Amazing even after the story has ended twice now, I still want more from these characters and the world of BB.  

1 hour ago, pepper brooks said:

interesting that the original skinny pete scene from the trailer explaining he doesn't know where pinkman is was not in the movie.  

Noticed that, too. Thought it was a nice touch by Gilligan. You've already seen the clip, you knew SP was going to do right by Jesse. Damn it, now I want a Badger and Skinny Pete spinoff.

(I lie, I've always wanted a Badger and Skinny Pete spinoff)

seems this thing is getting roasted pretty hard by "the critics".  I say. "f*ck'em".  they pen these long diatribes trying to prove their deeper meaning of the show, and shit all over this movie.  Can't we just enjoy the thing without needing too much further analysis?  Vince is great to his fans.  Many wanted to know what happened to Jesse, and how his story arch ends, myself included.  SUre I could surmise he got away, and I could conjure up a scenario in my mind where somehow during his captivity he knew where all the money was stashed and got away with enough to start over.  Also in my mind, I am not sure I knew enough about what happened to jesse while in captivity to make the leap to where I could picture him making the easy call to gather up cash and actually make a wise to decision to haul ass.  He'd already demonstrated once he couldn't do it.  thankfully he learned from his mistake.  I like having the closure for him.  I loved that the thing was not easy for him, but he found a way as is always the case in BB.  In short for me, I loved it and maybe it didn't add any real "new dimension" for the show, I actually think it did add another layer to Jesse, quite a few in fact, it gave us the ending to his story arch we all wanted while also confirming whithout question the death of walter white.  

I'm only about 20 minutes in. Will watch the rest this weekend but for those that watched the whole thing I know I will miss an Easter egg here or there but assume it was satisfying on it's own without re-watching all or most of the last season of BB again? 

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. 

I rewatched all of Breaking Bad over the last few weeks, and this morning I watched Felina and rolled right into the movie.  I enjoyed the movie and probably caught all the easter eggs.  If you haven't rewatched, but are familiar with BB (ie. 2013 wasn't the last time you watched it), you'll get 90% of them.

At the end of BB you know what happened to Gus, Hank, Saul, Hector, Tuco, Don Eladio, Todd, Uncle Jack, and Walt (hopefully you were one of those dumb-asses who thought Walt survived).  The movie nicely tells what happened to Jesse.  That being said,  if you aren't familiar with BB, you're not going to get much from the movie.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 77horn said:

I rewatched all of Breaking Bad over the last few weeks, and this morning I watched Felina and rolled right into the movie.  I enjoyed the movie and probably caught all the easter eggs.  If you haven't rewatched, but are familiar with BB (ie. 2013 wasn't the last time you watched it), you'll get 90% of them.

At the end of BB you know what happened to Gus, Hank, Saul, Hector, Tuco, Don Eladio, Todd, Uncle Jack, and Walt (hopefully you were one of those dumb-asses who thought Walt survived).  The movie nicely tells what happened to Jesse.  That being said,  if you aren't familiar with BB, you're not going to get much from the movie.

Yeah, after watching the first 20 I might go watch Felina again just as a quick refresher before finishing the movie. 

16 hours ago, RPM said:

Loved it. A great way to wrap things up. Was surprised to see Scott MacArthur. He's got that not too bright asshole role down pat.

Reminds me how shallow the bench was towards the end of S5. I didn’t even recognize most of the supporting cast, though MacArthur was better here than as Scotty in Gemstones. 

Just finished it. I feel kind of indifferent about it. It was shot beautifully but I don't think it was a movie that needed to be made. I like the idea of leaving shows open ended so you can kind of wrap up character arcs in your head. I'm a huge Breaking Bad fan so I'm pretty happy with the ending. I just feel like Felina said all that needed to be said. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I loved it. But if I have $248,200 in cash, I don’t need Robert Forster (RIP).  I’m doing it on my own.  

That includes an all new identity, a new home and vehicle, in a far away place. A lot of money is fine but eventually you are going to need to produce an ID for some reason or other. It is far better it be one without any flags on it.

7 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I loved it. But if I have $248,200 in cash, I don’t need Robert Forster (RIP).  I’m doing it on my own.  

Did Jules and Vincent really need the Wolf to tell them to wash up and clean the brains out of the car?

My only complaint regarding the movie was there wasn't enough of Jesse saying "Bitch!" Nah, I kid. It was amazing. A great way to end Jesse's story and put some official finality to Walt's character. 

I'm still holding out hope for seeing Walt and Jesse at some point in Better Call Saul. Vince Gilligan is a genius.

I don't know what there could be to complain about, but I suppose that it's probably some inside baseball kind of cool kids club bullshit among critics to dislike it on principle. I suppose that Imposter Cop/Welder agreeing to let Jesse take any of the money from the apartment (and then later proposing a duel) were a little far fetched, but whatever. The first bit of generosity made more sense when we learned who the guy was (I didn't recognize him), and I suppose the latter was reasonably enough covered by setting up an "outrageous coke party" scene. 

What did everyone think about all the snow globes? I can't quite remember what Todd's association/fascination with them was. The lone article I read about the movie made mention of them being "totems of his unrequited love for Lydia, including a crude one containing a Todd and a Lydia figurine" but that doesn't really clear it up for me. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

6 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I don't know what there could be to complain about, but I suppose that it's probably some inside baseball kind of cool kids club bullshit among critics to dislike it on principle. I suppose that Imposter Cop/Welder agreeing to let Jesse take any of the money from the apartment (and then later proposing a duel) were a little far fetched, but whatever. The first bit of generosity made more sense when we learned who the guy was (I didn't recognize him), and I suppose the latter was reasonably enough covered by setting up an "outrageous coke party" scene. 

What did everyone think about all the snow globes? I can't quite remember what Todd's association/fascination with them was. The lone article I read about the movie made mention of them being "totems of his unrequited love for Lydia, including a crude one containing a Todd and a Lydia figurine" but that doesn't really clear it up for me. 

Characters stuck inside a closed environment similar to Jesse being caged and the foreshadowing of Alaska with the snow is what I took from it.