Breaking Bad Movie

Zwylde

I also sort of felt like that was supposed to be implied, but how? And why? 

It's not like he's some weirdo who only kills people who own snow globes and then takes them as souvenirs, or that he stops by the nearest hotel or museum gift shop to make a purchase commemorating each of his kills or something. I can't figure out a way how they could possibly be trophies. 

I can't make any more sense out of it other than it's just another device to show what a simple, primitive, reptilian person he is (enthusiasm for canned soup, flat affect at all times, the matter-of-fact way he decides to kill, etc.) and yet I can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something. 

On 10/11/2019 at 4:31 AM, Goo Punch said:

All that success making meth has really gone to Walter White's head.

Did nobody else notice how huge his dome looked? Looked to me like he must have some luscious head of hair underneath a bald cap, because i couldn't stop noticing how oversized his melon looked. 

• Like 2

had to look up who was playing Todd in this movie....just to find out it was the original Todd, lulz. when he first appeared they were shooting at different angles so you couldnt see a clear shot of his face. apparently hes getting shamed on social media, dickheads.

i liked it, didnt love it. too much todd like most have already said. 

15 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Usually VG is too meticulous for me to spot any errors or inconsistencies, but Jesse sure did have a shit-ton of burner phones for a guy with no real way to get burners. 

Do you mean other than the giant bag of money he had?

Edited by Pam Cummings

I guess watching S2 Fargo set me up for fat Todd.

I want a Badger/Skinny Pete podcast.  Just episodes about apexing, extra-canonical Star Trek scenarios, etc.

Enjoyed this.  Snow globe building is a pretty perfect creepy hobby for Todd.  If I was to pick at one nit I think there were too many shots fired in round 2 of the standoff.

Wife mentioned yesterday that one of the actors from Breaking Bad had died, I was afraid it was Skinny Pete.  Love that guy.  Love the shot of him playing piano (not faked) in the music store.  Adds a lot of dimension to his character.  Also love that he came up with the plan, although I felt like screaming at the TV to get the fuck on with the long goodbyes after the lojack went off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

He couldn’t stop at a ghetto c-store and grab a few?

he's the most well known, talked about, recognizable person in the state (country?) and he's wanted in connection to like, i dunno, a few dozen murders, and you think he's just out and about shopping for phones? how? he's literally been hiding from every single person he comes across save the vacuum man.

Edited by Goo Punch

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I want a Badger/Skinny Pete podcast.  Just episodes about apexing, extra-canonical Star Trek scenarios, etc.

Enjoyed this.  Snow globe building is a pretty perfect creepy hobby for Todd.  If I was to pick at one nit I think there were too many shots fired in round 2 of the standoff.

Wife mentioned yesterday that one of the actors from Breaking Bad had died, I was afraid it was Skinny Pete.  Love that guy.  Love the shot of him playing piano (not faked) in the music store.  Adds a lot of dimension to his character.  Also love that he came up with the plan, although I felt like screaming at the TV to get the fuck on with the long goodbyes after the lojack went off.

Robert Forster, Ed the Vacuum Man, passed away on Friday. A sad coincidence that he died on the same day his last movie was realized. He was a terrific actor that was always in control of his scenes. He played a similar character in Jackie Brown, Max Cherry the bail bondsman, and was great. RIP. 

• Like 1

I dislike Jesse Pinkman, and Aaron Paul in general, but I really liked this movie. A good B movie made by a true virtuoso in Vince Gilligan. 

Scott MacArthur, Neil Kandy the welder, is a name to watch. He was the villain in The Righteous Gemstones and Jimmy in the short lived but excellent The Mick. The guy is a really talented comedic actor, but showed some nice dramatic chops in El Camino.  

Enjoyed it. Didn’t love it. Mostly enjoyed it because of the nostalgia of the show and the few gaps that were filled in that, honestly, didn’t have to be. Fairly unnecessary movie to be made. The fact that everyone was obviously 7 years older and fatter bothered me. Husband described it as an hour and a half of Jesse trying to scrounge up $1800. 

On 10/13/2019 at 11:26 AM, Celery Man said:

I was going to say, if Todd being fat surprised anyone, that just tells me you've missed a few great TV/movie rolls of his over the past 5 years.

21 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Enjoyed it. Didn’t love it. Mostly enjoyed it because of the nostalgia of the show and the few gaps that were filled in that, honestly, didn’t have to be. Fairly unnecessary movie to be made. The fact that everyone was obviously 7 years older and fatter bothered me. Husband described it as an hour and a half of Jesse trying to scrounge up $1800. 

Agreed. Didn't walk away thinking it was great but it wasn't bad. But this is what I expected for a straight to Netflix release.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alvin89 said:

I think Todd stole the whole movie. I could watch a full series of Todd eating beans around dead bodies, painting snow globes, and talking to neighbors about plants. What an absolute lunatic.

Agree, aside from him being clearly overweight I thought he stole the "movie". 

Overall it was good not great. That said it would have had to been really shitty for me to dislike it. 

Skinny Pete coming through in the clutch was my favorite part of the movie. That and the shootout for all the cash. Jesse distracting him with the luger while he set up the sneak attack from his pocket. The ensuing chaos was about as realistic a gun fight as you are going to get between a couple of amateurs. 

1 hour ago, Alvin89 said:

I think Todd stole the whole movie. I could watch a full series of Todd eating beans around dead bodies, painting snow globes, and talking to neighbors about plants. What an absolute lunatic.

did anyone else watch Todd and think, "I wonder if any of those shop class mutants from high school turned out like that dude"....? 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Skinny Pete coming through in the clutch was my favorite part of the movie. That and the shootout for all the cash. Jesse distracting him with the luger while he set up the sneak attack from his pocket. The ensuing chaos was about as realistic a gun fight as you are going to get between a couple of amateurs. 

Shit I completely missed that. I need to watch movies like this on a bigger screen. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 3:05 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

Haha yeah this is pretty much exactly my take.  Well, except for the husband part.  Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Shit I completely missed that. I need to watch movies like this on a bigger screen. 

Yeah, he took two guns out of the family safe. The other looked to be a .38 maybe. I figured that showing the .22, he had something planned with the .38. I thought he might just have in behind his back, then had to rewind to see he fired from his jacket pocket.

Well and the fact that the El Camino was Todd’s and they used it to transport and dispose of his murdered maid.

And that trip in the El Camino allowed him to discover where Todd’s money was hidden.

The El Camino was his literal ticket to freedom as he used it to get the hell out of the compound; it was a decoy that allowed him to escape authorities when he left it with Skinny Pete, and it was his ticket to getting Todd’s money which allowed him to afford the services of The Disappearer.

Without that El Camino, Jesse probably doesn’t get away.

(And now I’ve typed the word El Camino in one post than I’ve ever used the word in total in my entire life lol)

• Like 2