Breaking Bad Movie

Zwylde

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Hello? Marie? 

Marie knew everything. She's still alive. 

And how do you know what Jesse "confessed" to? The only part of the video we saw was him telling about how Todd killed that kid. 

Also I seriously doubt that they wouldn't have destroyed that video after watching it. It incriminates all of them. It's the whole reason they ransacked Marie's house for it. 

Marie knows jack shit. She went out for errands when the interview/confession started. She knows Walt has done some really bad shit and that Jesse is somehow involved. Most of the details are foreign to her.

Hank and Gomie have a conversation right after the confession about which of the many leads they should look into first. It's implied that Jesse told them pretty much everything.

My guess is that there's enough incriminating things on that compound to put most of them away for life, so what's another DVD?

In my opinion, it’s pretty simple: Jesse Pinkman, whether he had some unofficial deal with Hank or not, would be extremely wanted. He was the partner of the most prolific meth cook in the US, who was suspected of killing a cartel capo who had for years operated under the nose of the DEA. He was the only survivor of a mass murder scene that left 8 neo nazis dead as well as said meth cook. Not to mention two high ranking DEA officers are dead. The DEA and other law enforcement agencies aren’t going to be like “meh, if we see him around we will pick him up and see what’s on his mind.” They would hunt him down.

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

In my opinion, it’s pretty simple: Jesse Pinkman, whether he had some unofficial deal with Hank or not, would be extremely wanted. He was the partner of the most prolific meth cook in the US, who was suspected of killing a cartel capo who had for years operated under the nose of the DEA. He was the only survivor of a mass murder scene that left 8 neo nazis dead as well as said meth cook. Not to mention two high ranking DEA officers are dead. The DEA and other law enforcement agencies aren’t going to be like “meh, if we see him around we will pick him up and see what’s on his mind.” They would hunt him down.

it's possible, but there are ways they could've made that a lot more clear.  someone mentioned jesse's dna at the scene.  that would've helped (but there was likely a ton of random dna there).  he was on the news and there were cops at his parents house.  there's zero chance that had been going on for 6+ months, so i would've appreciated some clarity on the subject of "what the cops found that made jesse public enemy #1 john dillinger when he took off in the el camino".  i'm not saying i don't believe it (i sorta don't), just that it could've been executed better.

they know about walt (found dead) and they know about the gang (also dead).  nothing from that scene (or the history of the character) screams "go find pinkman, he's obviously the mastermind behind this whole thing".  having him on tv was a plot device to raise the stakes for the movie.  that's it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:
it's possible, but there are ways they could've made that a lot more clear.  someone mentioned jesse's dna at the scene.  that would've helped (but there was likely a ton of random dna there).  he was on the news and there were cops at his parents house.  there's zero chance that had been going on for 6+ months, so i would've appreciated some clarity on the subject of "what the cops found that made jesse public enemy #1 john dillinger when he took off in the el camino".  i'm not saying i don't believe it (i sorta don't), just that it could've been executed better.
they know about walt (found dead) and they know about the gang (also dead).  nothing from that scene (or the history of the character) screams "go find pinkman, he's obviously the mastermind behind this whole thing".  having him on tv was a plot device to raise the stakes for the movie.  that's it.

I think y’all are making this too complicated.

DEA Agent: Marie, who was Hank with when you left the house?

Marie: Agent Gomez and Jesse Pinkman.

Edited by Patricio Swayze
  • Like 2

What’s the six months question about?

-Shootout in the desert - Hank & Gomez dead. Jesse kidnapped by nazis.
-Walt runs and becomes a wanted man.
-Walt hides in New Hampshire for six months.
-Walt returns to ABQ, murders all the nazis, frees Jesse, and dies
-Jesse speeds away in the El Camino
END OF “BREAKING BAD”
START OF “EL CAMINO”
-Cops arrive at nazi compound, discover evidence of Jesse’s involvement (DNA?, the confession tape?, info from Marie?)
-Jesse hides at Badger and Skinny Pete’s
-Cops discover someone (evidence points to Jesse) escaped nazi compound in El Camino, turn on the LowJack
-Cops get to El Camino’s location, SP spins his tale
-Cops put out APB for Jesse, he’s now all over the news and his face is everywhere

The timeline of “El Camino” seems to be a few days at most.

-Night One - escape and sleep at SP’s
-Day Two - Jesse leaves in the Fiero, goes to Todd’s, police have already been there, gets into it with fake police/welder, money split, Jesse leaves but not without seeing welder’s truck
-Day Three - Jesse goes to the vacuum man, needs more money, searches for welder
-Night Three - Jesse drives around ABQ looking for shops using the yellow pages as a guide, finds welder’s truck at a shop, shootout, Jesse gets their money
-Day Four - Jesse returns to vacuum shop, agreement made with the disappearer
-Unknown number of days - Jesse hides in the basement room at vacuum shop while arrangements are made to disappear him, travel to Alaska, Jesse drives off in truck (probably a week in the basement room if he’s still going by the rules he told Saul and Walt)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

What’s the six months question about?

-Shootout in the desert - Hank & Gomez dead. Jesse kidnapped by nazis.
-Walt runs and becomes a wanted man.
-Walt hides in New Hampshire for six months.
-Walt returns to ABQ, murders all the nazis, frees Jesse, and dies
END OF “BREAKING BAD”
START OF “EL CAMINO”
-Cops arrive at nazi compound, discover evidence of Jesse’s involvement (DNA?, the confession tape?, info from Marie?)
-Jesse hides at Badger and Skinny Pete’s
-Cops discover someone (evidence points to Jesse) escaped nazi compound in El Camino, turn on the LowJack
-Cops get to El Camino’s location, SP spins his tale
-Cops put out APB for Jesse, he’s now all over the news and his face is everywhere

The timeline of “El Camino” seems to be a few days at most.

-Night One - escape and sleep at SP’s
-Day Two - Jesse leaves in the Fiero, goes to Todd’s, police have already been there, gets into it with fake police/welder, money split, Jesse leaves but not without seeing welder’s truck
-Day Three - Jesse goes to the vacuum man, needs more money, searches for welder
-Night Three - Jesse drives around ABQ looking for shops using the yellow pages as a guide, finds welder’s truck at a shop, shootout, Jesse gets their money
-Day Four - Jesse returns to vacuum shop, agreement made with the disappearer
-Unknown number of days - Jesse hides in the basement room at vacuum shop while arrangements are made to disappear him, travel to Alaska, Jesse drives off in truck (probably a week in the basement room if he’s still going by the rules he told Saul and Walt)

The bold parts are what's in question.  You're just guessing at filling in those blanks where the movie could have been a lot better if they'd tied those loose ends up (along with some others already discussed).

The movie felt pretty thrown together and rests on the laurels of Breaking Bad.  No doubt I enjoyed watching it and having new BB related material.  But it could have been done a lot better.  The creativity and attention to detail that made Breaking Bad so great are sorely lacking in El Camino.  Breaking Bad was an A+ but this movie was pretty much a C.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

we also didn't get to see Marie's batshit crazy cranked up to 14 after Hank got ganked

that could be a spinoff

I think we’d all like to at least see the all purple widow’s mourning dress and casket.      With flowers stolen from the finest florists in all of New Mexico.  As each fellow agent walks by the casket as the scaffold is lowered, all you hear is the clank of each precious gem hitting the top of the casket.

somewhere across the cemetery, a lone tortoise slowly walks Across a pathway to a nicer tombstone . Skyler puts a hand on her sister’s shoulder and they both wonder aloud, “how did we get here, sis?”  Walter Junior lowers the window from a dark purple town car and shouts, “he’s still dead, can we freakin go get breakfast now?”

Edited by Lobo

ok.  i can buy the explanation put forth by @Bama Chick that the titular character (the camino) was the jump-off point for all the heat.  it was convoluted in its execution, but i'm willing to accept it.

i don't buy that anyone gave a shit about pinkman during the 6+ months walt was in nh.  i don't think he was "wanted" in connection to murdered dea agents, a confession tape, blue meth being "back" or any of that nonsense.  after the beating (even before), it seemed like hank was the only one that had a hard-on for jesse, and everyone else definitely was told to drop it.  and i don't think dna played a part at all.

but during the investigation of the shootout, at some point maybe, there was a connection to the car - which was missing.  the lojack was activated - then tracking it to skinny pete's place led them to suspect jesse's involvement (a known associate).  i can get behind this, and props to bama for actually putting it together.  this was an issue for me, and sounds like for others.  sucks though, because that part of the cops picking up the trail, finding the car, questioning pete, ramping up the pinkman manhunt - that would've been great television (movie).

it also would've greatly amplified what was arguably the best scene in the movie - todd's house with the fake cops.  if we knew the camino was the lead, we would've been sure that jesse was fucked.

it's almost like they shot 3 hours and kinda chose the wrong stuff to leave on the cutting room floor.

I was just fine with the movie until y'all started nitpicking.  Now, I want to know how the cops knew about the El Camino in the first place.  No one around to report it stolen.  How could they leave a plot hole so large you could drive a souped up car/truck through it?

Cops show up at crime scene and find dead Todd. Run his name through the system and an el Camino is registered to him. It is not at the scene of the crime. They go to all dead nazis’ houses. All cars vehicles are accounted for, except Todd’s. Something like that.

58 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Cops show up at crime scene and find dead Todd. Run his name through the system and an el Camino is registered to him. It is not at the scene of the crime. They go to all dead nazis’ houses. All cars vehicles are accounted for, except Todd’s. Something like that.

I could have just made up a bunch of stuff.  I do feel better now, though.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

yeah, you'd have to assume that the tracks in the dirt from jesse speeding off were fairly obvious and easy to tell that they were recent (and not walt's car).

i don't know what kind of a name jerry callo is, but you've got a lot to learn about how tire marks can help the police solve a case.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I don’t think Jesse was a wanted man while Walt was missing.

I think the police only became aware of him after the nazi shootout.

Yeah, all the police work wasn’t shown to us but that wasn’t really the point of the movie, to me.

This was Jesse’s coda. He would be in the dark about what the police were doing too. We were just along for the ride with Jesse.

On 10/23/2019 at 1:16 PM, Lobo said:

I think we’d all like to at least see the all purple widow’s mourning dress and casket.      With flowers stolen from the finest florists in all of New Mexico.  As each fellow agent walks by the casket as the scaffold is lowered, all you hear is the clank of each precious gem hitting the top of the casket.

somewhere across the cemetery, a lone tortoise slowly walks Across a pathway to a nicer tombstone . Skyler puts a hand on her sister’s shoulder and they both wonder aloud, “how did we get here, sis?”  Walter Junior lowers the window from a dark purple town car and shouts, “he’s still dead, can we freakin go get breakfast now?”

You almost nailed it.  Here, I fixed it for ya:

Walter Junior lowers the window from a dark purple town car and shouts, “he...he...he’s thtill dead, ca...ca...can we freakin go get breakfath now?”

On 10/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, Sparky said:

A lot of fat Todd.

I found the aging of the characters like his pretty distracting for a story that was supposed to be picking up right where we left off.

I also laughed at the close up shots of the eyes during the 'duel', like a Spaghetti Western.  I'm guessing that was a 'wink wink, nudge, nudge' thing by Gilligan?   Overall, for me, this was a pretty 'eh' kind of thing.  Very competently done, of course, and yeah, I don't  know what I was expecting.   Jesse seems like such a overall tragic character that I guess the next one should be him getting eaten by a bear.

8 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I found the aging of the characters like his pretty distracting for a story that was supposed to be picking up right where we left off.

I also laughed at the close up shots of the eyes during the 'duel', like a Spaghetti Western.  I'm guessing that was a 'wink wink, nudge, nudge' thing by Gilligan?   Overall, for me, this was a pretty 'eh' kind of thing.  Very competently done, of course, and yeah, I don't  know what I was expecting.   Jesse seems like such a overall tragic character that I guess the next one should be him getting eaten by a bear.

yeah, this was most likely greenlit and budgeted the minute gilligan's agent called netflix, so the lack of much creative storytelling is predictable.

Doubt very seriously the DEA/cops were looking for Jesse before Walt went out with a bang.

As noted above, Marie would've explained that Hank and Gomez left her house with Pinkman the day they disappeared.

She'd have told them he was giving up everybody to the DEA, so I'd imagine the DEA assumed he'd been killed along with Hank and Gomey.

So once the crime scene evidence suggests he's still alive and escaped, they're obviously gonna hunting him.

Also I don't think it'd take long at all before the cops snapped to the missing El Camino.

Someone smashed through the gate to the compound, on their way out.  So what vehicles did everyone own and which is missing from the scene?

Edited by Augustus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished BB on Monday night and finished El Camino today.  Enjoyed it.

Presumably, the cops found Jessie's prints all over the methlab and found the confession tape.  So that's enough to get them looking for him quickly given the amount of carnage and his being one of the last people seen with Hank.  I don't think it's a tenuous connection at all.

Yeah, I kinda assumed they found evidence of him at the lab but could probably put two and two together and realize he was cooking against his will and were probably just gonna bring him in to ask about what happened and probably let him go.  In a bubble, that would have happened.  But there's federal agents dead in the desert and they think Pinkman was there so they're gonna hunt him for decades to figure out what happened.  This is not Nakatomi Plaza, you can't just order up more DEA/FBI guys.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I kinda assumed they found evidence of him at the lab but could probably put two and two together and realize he was cooking against his will and were probably just gonna bring him in to ask about what happened and probably let him go.  In a bubble, that would have happened.  But there's federal agents dead in the desert and they think Pinkman was there so they're gonna hunt him for decades to figure out what happened.  This is not Nakatomi Plaza, you can't just order up more DEA/FBI guys.  

They also surely found his arm and leg irons as well as the rig for confined cooking in the lab and noted that then-skinny Todd was strangled to death with the chain from those restraints.  Todd deserved what he got, but Jessie is the one who killed him and was surely wanted for questioning in relation to that murder specifically.

I would have thought they'd think that was part of part of the White murders.  i dunno, wishful thinking---I just felt like Jesse would get the benefit of the doubt from everything else they surmised from the crime scene.  But no way were they not gonna hunt him down to ask him about the desert fed murders.  Even if they think he had nothing to do with it, that it as the guys who built this other meth fortress---they sure as shit were gonna wanna know what he knew.  Anyway, I'm glad he's on a beach in Alaska earning 20%.  

53 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I would have thought they'd think that was part of part of the White murders.  i dunno, wishful thinking---I just felt like Jesse would get the benefit of the doubt from everything else they surmised from the crime scene.  But no way were they not gonna hunt him down to ask him about the desert fed murders.  Even if they think he had nothing to do with it, that it as the guys who built this other meth fortress---they sure as shit were gonna wanna know what he knew.  Anyway, I'm glad he's on a beach in Alaska earning 20%.  

Yeah, but cops, and he choked the shit out of him.  But I watched El Camino fearing in the flashbacks that Todd was gonna bring out the gimp instead of just need help with the maid.  I was at the point where I couldn't take any more Jessie suffering because I watched it right after finally finishing BB.