Meaning/Origin of “black sounding” names

YChang

Found this video really fascinating. I would say I was quite ignorant of most of what was covered in the video. 

I would like to provide advance warning for some of our posters that ... <cough> slavery is mentioned and the hosts are probably of the progressive nature. 

You’ve been warned but hopefully you’ll appreciate it as interesting trivia. 

Edited by YChang

all names sound weird as shit on first blush.  Most of you white guys---when we combine the excitement of your names plus your personalities plus your dick sizes..........all that happens is your mom, sisters, and wives are just fucked wildly out of your minds.  That you guys think you are potent and interesting because you hunt and have a pickup truck....is just so quaint to us.  You are so white, it hurts your wife as she is anally introduced to real life.  BUt high five bro, Kappa Sig forever---right?  

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

all names sound weird as shit on first blush.  Most of you white guys---when we combine the excitement of your names plus your personalities plus your dick sizes..........all that happens is your mom, sisters, and wives are just fucked wildly out of your minds.  That you guys think you are potent and interesting because you hunt and have a pickup truck....is just so quaint to us.  You are so white, it hurts your wife as she is anally introduced to real life.  BUt high five bro, Kappa Sig forever---right?  

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So, are you pissed because you were a Kappa Sig?  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The white chicks you fucked are ugly and fat.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Who's your cocaine dealer? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

But my credit score is impeccable. 

For real doe, where you get whatever your on? 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

D’Lobo, is that you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, sorry for the rant.  It wasn't related to the video, but earlier this summer we had this black girl at our academy get really bummed out because the other non-black kids were making fun of her name and touching her hair.  This thread reminded me of it, with white people talking about black names, and I transferred my pissed-offness from that incident to here.  Obviously it wasn't you guys, these were high-school aged kids, not you guys.  And yes, at the Mosaic Awards last evening...I was overserved. 

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, sorry for the rant.  It wasn't related to the video, but earlier this summer we had this black girl at our academy get really bummed out because the other non-black kids were making fun of her name and touching her hair.  This thread reminded me of it, with white people talking about black names, and I transferred my pissed-offness from that incident to here.  Obviously it wasn't you guys, these were high-school aged kids, not you guys.  And yes, at the Mosaic Awards last evening...I was overserved. 

I sit behind a players family at VCU basketball games. Some dumb ass adult just had to go touching the hair of the players moms hair.  He was just "amazed at it's texture". She's pretty cool so she took it in stride, but wtf dude ??!

On 8/22/2019 at 7:22 PM, YChang said:

I would like to provide advance warning for some of our posters that ... <cough> slavery is mentioned and the hosts are probably of the progressive nature. 

Yeah, let's attribute this to slavery.

I guess we really do need reparations after all. /sarcasm