university towers to be razed. the end of an era.

futureman

• 3 months later...

yeah i heard the clap, clap rumble and wondered what it was, but not too concerned, figured someone in my neighborhood  thread would freak the fuck out and demand answers.....

was disappointed,  not a peep on the white people freakout site.

after about 3 hours someone posted the towers demo video... then everyone started chiming in wondering what that noise was at 8:30

On 8/23/2019 at 8:05 AM, Deej said:

It seems lot of non-students are moving into West Campus. I know two people in their 40's renting condos because it's close enough to downtown. That can't be helping the prices. 

Why would anybody not going to UT (or ACC) want to live in West Campus?

56 minutes ago, Deej said:

As I said, close to downtown where they work and cheaper (not by much, I assume, but cheaper) than downtown. 

48 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Also, young ass.

Man, I'd have to be only recently-removed from the student population to live around a bunch of students. Don't get me wrong -- I loved my time in WC. But my 47-year-old ass would be shaking my fist at the clouds telling everybody to get off my (non-existent) lawn if I tried to live amongst them nowadays. 

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Man, I'd have to be only recently-removed from the student population to live around a bunch of students. Don't get me wrong -- I loved my time in WC. But my 47-year-old ass would be shaking my fist at the clouds telling everybody to get off my (non-existent) lawn if I tried to live amongst them nowadays. 

Oh, I agree.  Just pointing out a reason why one might chose to do so.

Austin needs a West Campus type district for non-students.  A place we can throw up a bunch of 18 story non-luxury apartment buildings.  A place near downtown, where you can comfortably live without a car, and yet not pay $1800+ for a 1 bedroom.

East Riverside is the most likely location for such a place, especially after the approval of "Domain on Riverside", and Oracle's continuing expansion.

Edited by Somnio