Man gets squished by elevator

Quagmire

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/22/us/new-york-elevator-death/index.html

(CNN) A 30-year-old man was crushed to death Thursday by an elevator at a New York high-rise, police said.

The man was pinned by the elevator between the basement and first floor of a building on Third Avenue on the East Side of Manhattan, said Det. Sophia Mason, a police spokeswoman.

Emergency medical personnel pronounced the man dead at the scene after a 911 call, Mason said.

Ugh, terrible. Ny post has the video, not overly graphic but holy shit made me cringe .

3 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

For those of us that aren’t watching that video, can someone explain how this happened? 

Asking for a friend of course.

Sounds like the worst timing in his life. He was existing the elevator door way, as it suddenly dropped a floor or so.  That kind of thing shouldn't be able to happen ever.

There was a guy in Houston beheaded in similar fashion a decade or so ago.  He stuck his head in to say something and the doors closed.  He was stuck there when the car went up or down a floor.  Body stayed on the original floor, head went with the elevator.  I think a lady was stuck in the car with his head for quite some time.

I think about that every single time I enter an elevator, and I don't fuck around with the doors.  

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

There was a guy in Houston beheaded in similar fashion a decade or so ago.  He stuck his head in to say something and the doors closed.  He was stuck there when the car went up or down a floor.  Body stayed on the original floor, head went with the elevator.  I think a lady was stuck in the car with his head for quite some time.

I think about that every single time I enter an elevator, and I don't fuck around with the doors.  

Wasn't that a doctor in a hospital or am I mis-remembering?

The man was identified as Samuel Char

les Waisbren

4 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Sam I am, green eggs and SLAM! 

FIFElevator

• Like 4

You guys freaked out by the video need to internet more. That was tame.

I’ve seen plenty of shit. The situation happens so fast that it could almost be considered ‘not gruesome’. I don’t know why it got me the way it did, but it did.

But by all means, keep watching gruesome deaths on the intertrons if you want to see how people die, and how you might die one day. And I’m serious when I say that I hope nothing you ever watch happens to you.