Man gets squished by elevator

Quagmire

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Not gonna watch but curious. Do you see a guy get cut in two? Was it quick? I might have a nightmare just thinking about it.

No, vid isn’t graphic at all. Just see the guy fall between the lobby floor and elevator, easy to imagine what happened after that.

As the world's biggest cleithrophobe, elevators are my greatest enemy.  I actually talked with my doctor about giving me something that would immediately calm me down if I got stuck in an elevator.  His advice, "well don't get stuck.". Thanks asshole, you could have at least given me a placebo.

Not gonna watch but curious. Do you see a guy get cut in two? Was it quick? I might have a nightmare just thinking about it.

Not cut in half. It’s like he was sucked down to the floor underneath while his body folded like a lawn chair.

Three people near the door saw it happen within a few feet. That one dude with backpack and buds who exited before unlucky dude was folded up will be fucked for life. He was inches from the whole thing. Just horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:
On 8/23/2019 at 3:53 PM, CooterBrown said:

Correct. In Houston I think.

It was St. Joseph's in Houston. I had just been there like a week before. Female Dr. Stuck in the elevator with the head.

Only from the mouth up. His jaw bone and base of neck stayed with the torso. 

On 8/25/2019 at 10:04 PM, Not a cat said:

As the world's biggest cleithrophobe, elevators are my greatest enemy.  I actually talked with my doctor about giving me something that would immediately calm me down if I got stuck in an elevator.  His advice, "well don't get stuck.". Thanks asshole, you could have at least given me a placebo.

Wife (gf at the time) had a place on the 12th floor or so back in the day, her cat would jump from balcony to balcony, but sadly never died.  She would also get in the common areas and somehow get on the elevator.  Neighbors would report this damned thing all over town, but she always found a way to get back home to make sure I wasn't going to go by without a good allergy attack.  The cat's name was cat.  I hate all cats of all names.  

Anyways, good on you, for not being one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Not an elevator,  but I know a UT assistant coach whose son got his pants caught in an escalator when he was a toddler.  Ended up ripping them off and scraping the shit out of his legs ....and scaring the bejeezus out of him

Thoughts and prayers. 

26 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Not an elevator,  but I know a UT assistant coach whose son got his pants caught in an escalator when he was a toddler.  Ended up ripping them off and scraping the shit out of his legs ....and scaring the bejeezus out of him

AcceptableClassicImpala-size_restricted.

I had to be on an elevator several times today.  I damned near ran and jumped every time I got off or on the elevator to make sure it didn't happen to me.

Edited by Hate
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hate said:

AcceptableClassicImpala-size_restricted.

I had to be on an elevator several times today.  I damned near ran and jumped every time I got off or on the elevator to make sure it didn't happen to me.

Me.....me.......me....

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Wife (gf at the time) had a place on the 12th floor or so back in the day, her cat would jump from balcony to balcony, but sadly never died.  She would also get in the common areas and somehow get on the elevator.  Neighbors would report this damned thing all over town, but she always found a way to get back home to make sure I wasn't going to go by without a good allergy attack.  The cat's name was cat.  I hate all cats of all names.