SCOTUS - Ginsburg

Nice Guy Eddie

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

All of the “life is precious” Republicans are praying to sweet baby Jesus that she dies. Johnny Sack is no doubt giddy about this news. 

All the while, scolding those who celebrate the death of Koch.

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If something did happen it’s not like we’re going to let trump name a nominee in an election year right, Mitch?

Mitch has the press release ready and waiting for the moment she passes proclaiming the Senate is ready to begin deliberations on whoever the President chooses.

If she dies in 2020, at least we could hammer repubs for being hypocritical assholes. Everyone remembers when merrick garland didn’t even receive a hearing in 2016 because Moscow Mitch said he wouldn’t. That’s the only reason. I really hate mcconnell.

3 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

If she dies in 2020, at least we could hammer repubs for being hypocritical assholes. Everyone remembers when merrick garland didn’t even receive a hearing in 2016 because Moscow Mitch said he wouldn’t. That’s the only reason. I really hate mcconnell.

I hate him more than the dotard.  And I HATE the dotard.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Mitch has straight out said he would confirm in the last year.

Expect a number of rape allegations against Amy Coney Barrett.

Negged for suggesting allegations against Kavanaugh were invented for political reasons. If I recall correctly, your main defense of any sexual accusations against GOPs is to point at Bill and Hillary Clinton and screech, "Hypocrites!"

Fuck you.

• Like 8
  • Fuck You 1

If SCOTUS has an opening next year, Moscow Mitch will say that it's nothing like 2016 since Trump is not in his "lame duck" year. And if, God forbid, the same scenario happened with Trump in 2024, Moscow Mitch will make up another reason on why it's not the same as 2016.  Mitch will have zero shame in furthering the GOP agenda.

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged for suggesting allegations against Kavanaugh were invented for political reasons. If I recall correctly, your main defense of any sexual accusations against GOPs is to point at Bill and Hillary Clinton and screech, "Hypocrites!"

Fuck you.

After the repubs willingly voted for trump,

repubs cant complain about the character of a president anymore and they also can’t complain about the deficit anymore either. Trump has blown a massive hole through the deficit. 

Edited by Voldemort86

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If SCOTUS has an opening next year, Moscow Mitch will say that it's nothing like 2016 since Trump is not in his "lame duck" year. And if, God forbid, the same scenario happened with Trump in 2024, Moscow Mitch will make up another reason on why it's not the same as 2016.  Mitch will have zero shame in furthering the GOP agenda.

Yep, He'll get up and give one of his putrid history lessons about why his hypocrisy is entirely justified.

4 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

After the repubs willingly voted for trump,

repubs cant complain about the character of a president anymore and they also can’t complain about the deficit anymore either. Trump has blown a massive hole through the deficit. 

You say these things like they give a fuck.

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In 2024, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer will refuse to hold any hearings on President Trump's SCOTUS nominee to replace Stephen Breyer. 

Republicans will scream FOUL! HAVE YOU NO SHAME! President Trump is the rightful president, who cares if he is soon to be out of office and Democratic nominee Gretchen Whitmer is leading Vice President Mike Pence by 45 points.  YOU MUST HOLD HEARINGS! YOU MUST VOTE!

IMO, she's just another example of someone putting themselves above the country. 

I thought she should have walked away when Obama started his second term for exactly this reason. 

No one needs to be in a position of power past the age of 80....I'd actually probably much younger, but good God.

For the sake of the country's future, I hope she can at least make it to January 2021

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’m sick and tired of this bullshit.

the repubs always seem to get a Supreme Court vacancy before an election cycle to boost turnout from their side. It happened in 2016 and 2018.

at the very least, please last until mid November 2020 Ginsburg. 

She’s gonna have to last until 12:00 EST January 20th 2021. Those motherfuckers are that savage, that unethical, and that unscrupulous.

Edited by hpslugga

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

IMO, she's just another example of someone putting themselves above the country. 

I thought she should have walked away when Obama started his second term for exactly this reason. 

No one needs to be in a position of power past the age of 80....I'd actually probably much younger, but good God.

For the sake of the country's future, I hope she can at least make it to January 2021

If a Democrat wins next year, both her and Breyer need to step down to avoid future fuckups.  If Dumbfuck Biden is President, DO NOT NOMINATE GARLAND.  You MUST nominate someone in their 40s or early 50s. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

If a Democrat wins next year, both her and Breyer need to step down to avoid future fuckups.  If Dumbfuck Biden is President, DO NOT NOMINATE GARLAND.  You MUST nominate someone in their 40s or early 50s. 

The saddest part about this comment is the word "if"...the fact that there is even a chance Trump could get reelected is beyond absurd.

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Fuck you.

Thats right, they are working round the clock in Rhode Island on the boat allegation, not one single person corroborate Ramirez’s accusation and this one was totally a straight shooter with management written all over her

spacer.png

So fuck you too you virtue signaling cunt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Getting a nominee through a Republican Senate should be entertaining.

Just now, Incredulity said:

Thats right, they are working round the clock in Rhode Island on the boat allegation, not one single person corroborate Ramirez’s accusation and this one was totally a straight shooter with management written all over her

spacer.png

So fuck you too you virtue signaling cunt.

How many death threats have you sent to Christine Blasey Ford?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Getting a nominee through a Republican Senate should be entertaining.

I doubt they could put it off for 4 years. There’s also a good chance the Dems take the senate in 2022 anyway, assuming they win at least Colorado, Maine, and Arizona next year.

Edited by Voldemort86

Just now, Voldemort86 said:

I doubt they could put it off for 4 years. There’s also a good chance the Dems take the senate in 2022 anyway, assuming they win at least Colorado, Maine, and Arizona this year.

If the Democrats flip those seats, they'll probably still be down one if they lose the Doug Jones seat in Alabama. That means they need one more to get to 50/50 and a tie break with the VP.

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

I doubt they could put it off for 4 years. There’s also a good chance the Dems take the senate in 2022 anyway, assuming they win at least Colorado, Maine, and Arizona next year.

Exactly.  Let's not put the cart in front of the horse by assuming the Senate will stay in GOP control.  In addition the the ones you mentioned, I wouldn't rule out Texas, North Carolina, and Georgia...yes, Georgia.

Hell, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that McConnell is voted out in 2020.  His popularity here is on a steep decline, and his opponent is pretty much a bad ass.  She's a former Marine fighter pilot, and already running ads talking about how long Mitch has been in DC and how fucked up the Senate has become under his stewardship.  Downside, she's not a looker.

amy.jpg

Of course they'll likely cede Alabama back to the GOP.

28 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

and hold Alabama?

Edited by yoladu

5 minutes ago, yoladu said:

and hold Alabama?

That scenario above yields 51R - 49D.  Meaning you need 2 in 2022. 

21 Republican seats are up, including 2 retiring incumbents in purple states - Ron Johnson (WI) and Richard Burr (NC).  Republicans are also defending seats in Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Ohio and Pennsylvania.  Democrats are defending pretty safe seats in CA, CO, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, NH, NY, Oregon, Vermont and Washington.  

Someone is also having to run again in Arizona - 2020 winner runs for a full term in 2022. 

Edited by Js1

you know, one of the more clever things the republicans have done in the last few years is really get the whole "virtue signaling" into the zeitgeist of political parlance.

they now use it to respond to any post/tweet/message/whatever that is simple and banal as saying something that is true or objecting to things that they think are wrong.  they think that by accusing someone of doing that, they have effectively shut down the discussion and can declare victory.  it has been a very fascinating and disturbing thing to watch.  if you take a stance and express yourself on any type of "ethical value" (regardless of its subjectivity), you are immediately accused of virtue signaling as if that is a bad thing.  it was clever and it seems to have worked well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

you know, one of the more clever things the republicans have done in the last few years is really get the whole "virtue signaling" into the zeitgeist of political parlance.

they now use it to respond to any post/tweet/message/whatever that is simple and banal as saying something that is true or objecting to things that they think are wrong.  they think that by accusing someone of doing that, they have effectively shut down the discussion and can declare victory.  it has been a very fascinating and disturbing thing to watch.  if you take a stance and express yourself on any type of "ethical value" (regardless of its subjectivity), you are immediately accused of virtue signaling as if that is a bad thing.  it was clever and it seems to have worked well.

I still don't know what it supposedly means.