"They think they're gonna beat us running the wishbone. It was pathetic. They didn't have a chance."

Goo Punch

My most vivid memory from that game is James Street running the wishbone down the right side of the offensive line and pitching the ball to Cotton Speyrer on an end around.   After taking a few steps with the ball, Speyrer pulled up and threw a 37 yd. TD pass to Randy Peschel.  It was a batshit crazy play you'd draw in the dirt and, of course, it worked against aggy.  To the best of my knowledge, that's the only time any of our wishbone teams ever ran that play.

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

My most vivid memory from that game is James Street running the wishbone down the right side of the offensive line and pitching the ball to Cotton Speyrer on an end around.   After taking a few steps with the ball, Speyrer pulled up and threw a 37 yd. TD pass to Randy Peschel.  It was a batshit crazy play you'd draw in the dirt and, of course, it worked against aggy.  To the best of my knowledge, that's the only time any of our wishbone teams ever ran that play.

04:50        UT        Peschel 37 pass from Spreyer (kick failed)   39 - 0
                       1 play, 37 yards

Here it is:  16:36

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, runthebone said:

And, in fact, aggy just ran out of time and was within 37 points when the sips quit

They’ll claim it is was prescholarship restrictions.  Even though:

1. The SWC put in scholarship restrictions in 1965, and

2. Before the restrictions they on average signed way more players than Texas.  

But it’s aggy.  They have a historical commitment of not letting any of their easily disprovable myths getting in the way of the truth.   They accept all the lies they are taught in fish camp.  The lies that explain away their historical suckitude in all sports.  

23 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

1 play, 37 yards

Aaaand, there it is at 16:36.  Street ran down the >left< side of the OL before the pitch to Speyrer.  Whoops. I'm gettin' old. 

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Like 1

They must have felt like we felt year two with Shawn Watson as OC.  Being sold some horseshit about installing a new scheme or going uptempo and finding out 5 minutes into the game that you've been sold lies. Everyone's got a plan until you get hit in the mouth. 

23 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Aaaand, there it is at 16:36.  Street ran down the >left< side of the OL before the pitch to Speyrer.  Whoops. I'm gettin' old. 

I remembered Eric Dickerson's long run against us in '82 as quite different that what YouTube showed me a couple of years ago.  

On 8/23/2019 at 7:57 PM, aggie08 said:

I don't know, at 3-6, did we really think we were going to beat you?

Probably.  Aggy's had one 10-win season this millennium and y'all think you're a football power.  

Self-awareness isn't really your thing.  Getting the chickens to fuck is your thing.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:35 PM, Bullneck said:

1 play, 37 yards

Lol at the aggy losing his mind in the end zone after blocking a punt for a score. Down 49-12. Some things never change.  

Edited by Anastasis