Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

There is always a line because their customer service is nonexistent and they are slow as shit. 

That being said, one day I will accept the beat down and go try the sammich, but I’m sure they will have run out. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

OK, it's pretty good and better than Chick-fil-A, but damn when are the lines going to die down?  They're out the door at the two in my area every time I drive by. 

That Popeyes sandwich is only better better then Chick-fil-A on Sundays.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Popeyes near me runs out of spicy by 6:30, stone cold lock, every day. Not going to ask for the sandwich because it most likely isnt there and if it is, they most likely going to fuck it up. I feel like if I want to try this sandwich, it needs to be from their test kitchen.

Had the sandwich last week. The chicken part was better than Chick-fil-a but I still would like some toppings other than just 2 pickles. That being said, Chick-fil-a could end all this by putting out spicy strips or nuggets.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Woman at drive-thru in video above:  "You mean to tell me we can't feed our kids?"

Manager:  "Uh ma'am, have you considered cooking for them at home?" 

I had one of these in Plano about 3 weeks ago before anyone was talking about them. It was good but what pissed me off is the spicy is only the mayo not the batter on the chicken. I don't eat mayo so couldn't get the preferred spicy. Better than chickfila which tastes so much like peanut oil it gets hard to eat by the last bites. 

• Like 1

I had one a few days ago.  It was great.  I wouldn't compare it to chickfila at all. Apples and oranges.  The breast itself was significantly larger but didn't seem to have the same pickle brine to it that CFA has but that could be because I ordered mine spicy.  The bun was superb.  

Might go down as one of the greatest social media free promotions of all time.   Its all over twitter and instagram the reiterations of chick fila vs popeyes is hilarious, esp the ones that reference the chick fila customer service etc.  I almost wonder if they did this together by figuring out that it would make them both massive sales. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Had the sandwich last week. The chicken part was better than Chick-fil-a but I still would like some toppings other than just 2 pickles. That being said, Chick-fil-a could end all this by putting out spicy strips or nuggets.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Satan's seasoning will never touch the Lord's poultry. That's why Popeye's is better.

Church's used to have a spicy chicken sandwich that was the tits.

Edited by RPM

1 minute ago, formermav43 said:

You realize they’ve had a spicy chicken sandwich for years, right?

Nope. Haven't eaten at Church's this century. The way they cut their chicken pisses me off. The sandwich was a limited time item in the 90's.

Chic Fil A was great back in the olden days before the forced you to buy a sandwich to get the filets. The default meal was two fillets, one bun that you could do whatever the hell you wanted with, and frieds (not waffle back then). I still love the taste of the chicken but the value sucks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DougO said:

Chic Fil A was great back in the olden days before the forced you to buy a sandwich to get the filets. The default meal was two fillets, one bun that you could do whatever the hell you wanted with, and frieds (not waffle back then). I still love the taste of the chicken but the value sucks.

Pre-waffle fries chick filA?  How fucking old are you?  I’m no spring chicken and I can recall getting waffle fries from the chick filA in the mall (when the only locations were malls) 30+ years ago.

• Like 4

is the Popeyes line longer than the daily cfa line?

It’s not the length that counts it’s the girth of inventory management, workforce management and general give a fuck about customer experience. None of which Popeyes really has much of (though they do make a mean two piece and a biscuit)

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Pre-waffle fries chick filA?  How fucking old are you?  I’m no spring chicken and I can recall getting waffle fries from the chick filA in the mall (when the only locations were malls) 30+ years ago.

No shit. I remember getting waffle fries at Chick-fil-A on trips to the mall arcades from 1985 onward. I'm not sure how long they had them before that but I always assumed they always had waffle fries. 

12 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

OK, it's pretty good and better than Chick-fil-A, but damn when are the lines going to die down?  They're out the door at the two in my area every time I drive by. 

Because people are fucking stupid. These sandwiches have been there for some months now and zero word about it. Only when Popeyes and Chick Fil A spoke about this sandwich on Twitter, all hell broke loose. People just now had to have it that never would have even thought twice about getting it from Popeye's or even going there to begin with. I would say the power of advertising but it's more of the dumbed down America. 

• Like 2