Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

15 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I had one of these in Plano about 3 weeks ago before anyone was talking about them. It was good but what pissed me off is the spicy is only the mayo not the batter on the chicken. I don't eat mayo so couldn't get the preferred spicy. Better than chickfila which tastes so much like peanut oil it gets hard to eat by the last bites. 

I just realized from this comment (after trying both the spicy and regular a couple months ago) that I could order it no sauce and then put the Mardi Gras mustard on it which is top 3 sauces at any fast food restaurant. 

Either way it is currently the best chicken sandwich at any fast food/casual place by far.

Popeye's new chicken sandwich is all the rage. People all over the country are lining up for hours to get the new Chicken Sandwich. But yesterday in Brooklyn, NY - the new sandwich led to violence.

A fight broke out at a Popeye's in Brooklyn, after a customer allegedly paid for a chicken sandwich - and afterwards was told that Popeye's was sold out of the popular sandwich.

Here is the video of the Popeye's Chicken Sandwich fight.

It all started, when a Brooklyn woman stood on line for nearly an hour - to get the new Popeye's Chicken Sandwich. The sandwich has been selling out all over the country, ever since going viral on social media.

ADVERTISEMENT

When the woman got to the front of the line, she claims that a server told her that she was purchasing the last chicken sandwich at the store. After the woman paid for the sandwich, she claims that the last sandwich was given to another customer.

And argument broke out between the server and the customer - and it ended in a fight that left the Popeye's employee injured.

Police were called to the scene, and MTO News has been told that the NYPD is investigating the incident.

https://mtonews.com/brutal-fight-breaks-out-over-popeyes-new-chicken-sandwich-vid

19 hours ago, deft said:

I had one a few days ago.  It was great.  I wouldn't compare it to chickfila at all. Apples and oranges.  The breast itself was significantly larger but didn't seem to have the same pickle brine to it that CFA has but that could be because I ordered mine spicy.  The bun was superb.  

I feel it's worth mentioning: I drove right up to the drive through without waiting behind other cars and was able to order.  There were no throngs of people. 

There’s a Popeyes at s congress and William cannon. But they were out of the chicken sandwich on Saturday. Drove over to mi tradicion and got a bomb ass torta and some churros, which I’m pretty certain were better than the Popeyes chicken sando. I’ll check it out when the lines die down.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I understand the appeal of Popeyes’ food but both of the locations in my area have uninterested and untrained employees. Even more so than the average fast food place.  I can handle slow “fast food” but not filthy.

all fast food is filthy

3 minutes ago, Loco said:

all fast food is filthy

Hear ya but I’m talking about the cleanliness of the place.  And maybe that’s what you mean that but there are differences. And usually the problem the customer can see is the mess left behind by other customers.  Some places care to have an employee responsible for  keeping the place tidy. Others not so much. And that makes you wonder what is happening in the food prep area.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I understand the appeal of Popeyes’ food but both of the locations in my area have uninterested and untrained employees. Even more so than the average fast food place.  I can handle slow “fast food” but not filthy.

If you think it's bad at Popeye's, try a Church's drive through next time you're hungry but want to eat 45 minutes from now.

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The last two times I went to Popeyes it sucked ass.

I would rather eat KFC that that shit.

Golden Chick is much better.

This is correct.  This spicy sandwich would have to be a complete 180 from the last time I went there for anyone to consider it even good, let alone lined up around the building, running out everyday levels of great.

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Fuck this stupid ass sandwich.  Went to 2 different Popeye's today to get one.  Both were sold out.

Every single time I've gone to CFA for a chicken sandwich, they have said chicken sandwiches available for sale.

Nobody here said Popeyes was competent.  Just delicious.  I mean, literally NOBODY has said that Popeyes is competent -- the exact opposite, actually.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nobody here said Popeyes was competent.  Just delicious.  I mean, literally NOBODY has said that Popeyes is competent -- the exact opposite, actually.

My favorite time was when I went to Popeye's drive through and we didn't move for 20 minutes.

Then I went inside to find out they were out of chicken.

A chicken restaurant...was out of chicken. Simply stunning.

Just now, Longhornmaniac8 said:

My favorite time was when I went to Popeye's drive through and we didn't move for 20 minutes.

Did @Bozo_Casanova ever tell y'all about the time we went to the Chili Parlor.....and they were outta chili?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hear ya but I’m talking about the cleanliness of the place.  And maybe that’s what you mean that but there are differences. And usually the problem the customer can see is the mess left behind by other customers.  Some places care to have an employee responsible for  keeping the place tidy. Others not so much. And that makes you wonder what is happening in the food prep area.

I don't know about your experiences at Chik Fil A ...  but the last time I set foot in one it was disgusting.  I won't defend Popeye's because the last time I was in one was probably 4 years ago and it was also disgusting.

Say what you want about McDonald's they are well managed and the kitchens are clean.  Young Loco was dumb enough to work at a McD's for a year in highschool.  They have a slogan, "you have time to lean, you have time to clean"  When it gets slow they have workers breaking down the kitchen and clean it to the grout.  I remember a slow stretch of days when we had cleaned the unholy hell out of the kitchen... and asked what to do next.  The manager left and came back with toothbrushes to clean the castor wheels on the grills...  good times.

All that said, low wage employees aren't the most motivated food safety folks, hence my comment that all fast food is filthy (and horrible for you)

plki was a buy back in the day, and I made enough for a lifetime supply of chicken sandwiches (hell your life span is gonna take a hit)...  so #teampopeyes

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Kinda reminds me of this column from a few years ago.  Sums up the Popeyes experience pretty well.  

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/1/4/14166686/popeyes-is-perfect-and-you-are-the-problem

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Shortly after the one on Montopolis opened, I went on a Tuesday for the two piece special and people were milling around outside.  There were cones blocking off the drive through.  Walked up towards the door and a guy came toward me shaking his head.  “Fryer caught fire.  No chicken today!”   

Is this a permanent item thing or will it be gone in couple of weeks?

I love me some popeyes. No doubt. But The spicy chicken at chickfila is a staple of my order there along with nuggets, cfa sauce, waffle fries and iced tea. My CFA to popeyes visit ratio is probably 20:1 ever since cfa opened here almost 2 yrs ago

I'd like to try this sammich but if its sold out, I wont turn down a 4 piece spicy either

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I love me some popeyes. No doubt. But The spicy chicken at chickfila is a staple of my order there along with nuggets, cfa sauce, waffle fries and iced tea. My CFA to popeyes visit ratio is probably 20:1 ever since cfa opened here almost 2 yrs ago

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 4

Tried grabbing one for lunch today at the Popeye’s by Love Field in Dallas.  Sold out.  Line around the building.  Cars peeling off left and right once they got to the speaker and saw the sign or were told they were out.  So yeah, they’re not converting many sales to other orders.  I too bailed out once I found out they didn’t have any.

21 hours ago, cab948 said:

Kinda reminds me of this column from a few years ago.  Sums up the Popeyes experience pretty well.  

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/1/4/14166686/popeyes-is-perfect-and-you-are-the-problem

Lol...I had never read this article. 

Haven't tried the sandwich yet, but when I go to Popeyes I always order the 3 piece chicken tender meal.  Some days I feel like I could probably power down more than 3 tenders, but I still order the 3 tender combo.  The reason of course, which the author points out, is that I've never gotten 3 tenders in the multiple times I've been there.  Usually I get 4 to 6, but it's always more than 3.  I did order the 5 piece combo one time...I got 4 and a mutant mini 5th.  I'm sticking with the 3 piece, but I will definitely try the sandwich.

Edited by sunset87

22 hours ago, Loco said:

I don't know about your experiences at Chik Fil A ...  but the last time I set foot in one it was disgusting.  I won't defend Popeye's because the last time I was in one was probably 4 years ago and it was also disgusting.

Where was it?  I can't remember a time when I've gone to a CFA and it wasn't run perfectly.

LMAO at all the crazy Popeye's stories.  I don't think I've ever been to one where I didn't wonder how they stay in business.  It's like they just grab random high school kids, hand them a uniform, and say "ok now run this restaurant."