Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

50 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

Drives up demand. Probably done on purpose

It's stupid if that is the case.  I don't know if I'm willing to go through the brain damage to deal with Popeyes again just for a sandwich.  I'm sure there are many like me who otherwise would not eat there.

I hit the Slaughter and Manchaca location. This thread has me wanting to go try this sammich. 
Went to this one the other day and the guy taking my order and payment was extremely helpful and courteous. Pissed me off. If I wanted a nice ordering experience I'd go to chick fil a. When I go to popeyes I expect at least three eye rolls, unbridled hatred of the customer, and I want my bag of food thrown at me, not nicely handed to me with a smile. I need the true Popeye's experience.
  • Like 1

All I know is the last two times I went to Popeyes on University in Round Rock it was god awful.

Over cooked, dry and old grease taste. Service was terrible.

Have no desire to ever go back there. 

Golden Chick in downtown Georgetown is a million times better.

I don't give a shit about having some cayenne pepper in the fucking batter either.

On 8/26/2019 at 10:10 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

The last two times I went to Popeyes it sucked ass.

I would rather eat KFC that that shit.

Golden Chick is much better.

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

All I know is the last two times I went to Popeyes on University in Round Rock it was god awful.

Over cooked, dry and old grease taste. Service was terrible.

Have no desire to ever go back there. 

Golden Chick in downtown Georgetown is a million times better.

I don't give a shit about having some cayenne pepper in the fucking batter either.

Tell it again.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Whole bunch of people saying stupid shit on this thread because they do not understand what Popeye's does. Read this article and quit bitching and be thankful for all that is Popeye's.

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/1/4/14166686/popeyes-is-perfect-and-you-are-the-problem

Redundant is as redundant does

18 hours ago, Deej said:

My experiences with Popeye's tell me they aren't out of the sandwiches. The employees are just tired of fucking dealing with making them.

Truth. Last time I was at Popeye's a guy that works there said, "I never want to see another sandwich again."

And it doesn't do service much good for people who don't even want a goofy sandwich.

5 hours ago, BradInATX said:
On 8/25/2019 at 10:15 AM, Tailgate said:
I hit the Slaughter and Manchaca location. This thread has me wanting to go try this sammich. 

Went to this one the other day and the guy taking my order and payment was extremely helpful and courteous. Pissed me off. If I wanted a nice ordering experience I'd go to chick fil a. When I go to popeyes I expect at least three eye rolls, unbridled hatred of the customer, and I want my bag of food thrown at me, not nicely handed to me with a smile. I need the true Popeye's experience.

Man-salughter area? 

You should go to the Taco Cabana at that intersection if your looking for a true "Popeye's" experience.

Man-salughter area? 

You should go to the Taco Cabana at that intersection if your looking for a true "Popeye's" experience.

That Taco C has really gone down in quality. I stopped going there when they opened Rosa's off of Slaughter. Their food is what I remember Taco Cabana tasting like 15 years ago.

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
31 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:
Man-salughter area? 

That Taco C has really gone down in quality. I stopped going there when they opened Rosa's off of Slaughter. Their food is what I remember Taco Cabana tasting like 15 years ago.

To tie together Mexican and Popeyes, if you want a really really good chicken sandwich, go to Las Abuelas down by Valentinas on Manchaca, and order the Espicy Crispy Pollo.

spacer.png

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Hysterical when the customer comes up and asks the hispanic guy a question and gets hit with a "Why don't you go fuck yourself?"

This is the way it's gonna work: I'm gonna walk into Popeye's and ask your little Mexican friend to make me a sammich.

Yo, I'm Cuban, b!

Yes, Cuban B!

I was at Popeye's a little while ago. There were a few people in there just waiting for the availability of a damn sandwich. There was a box of the patties on the way and I was there when they arrived. Then they were told there was a one hour wait before they could be sold. Apparently, the spicy mayo is the key spicy ingredient and they couldn't serve any with just regularass mayo. Fucktards was just sitting around watching the time anticipating the religious experience of this miracle of fast food to deliver them to the promised land.

Fuckin' humans, man...

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2019 at 4:01 PM, 4th&Five said:

How do you "run out" of a fucking chicken sandwich? Chicken breast, bread, pickles and sauce. Which, of those 4 unicorn-tear ingredients, suddenly dropped off the face of the planet to make it impossible to serve any more sandwiches? Are Beevis and Butthead in charge of your supply chain management?

You aren't serving kobe beef, beluga caviar or yellowfin sashimi; chicken didn't "go out of season". You decided to quit selling it, so just admit that and make it a "limited time" offering, instead of pandering to the LCD with this stupid viral-social-media marketing bullshit. 

Again, it's a chicken sandwich. The worst fried chicken sandwich I've ever had really isn't that much worse than the best one. If you can make a decent fried chicken breast, go find a bun, et voila! You made a passable chicken sandwich. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How do you "run out" of a fucking chicken sandwich? Chicken breast, bread, pickles and sauce. Which, of those 4 unicorn-tear ingredients, suddenly dropped off the face of the planet to make it impossible to serve any more sandwiches? Are Beevis and Butthead in charge of your supply chain management?

You aren't serving kobe beef, beluga caviar or yellowfin sashimi; chicken didn't "go out of season". You decided to quit selling it, so just admit that and make it a "limited time" offering, instead of pandering to the LCD with this stupid viral-social-media marketing bullshit. 

Again, it's a chicken sandwich. The worst fried chicken sandwich I've ever had really isn't that much worse than the best one. If you can make a decent fried chicken breast, go find a bun, et voila! You made a passable chicken sandwich. 

Maybe, just maybe, this was intentional.  

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Maybe, just maybe, this was intentional.  

I'm not sure it was intentional, I think it got out of hand and they are now attempting to cover it up by claiming they "ran out". Probably centered around employee dissidence.

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Why not order a 8 piece of spicy tenders, stop by an HEB for pickles and buns, then make 8 of them bitches at home?

Fuck the bun, hun.  Just give me a few slices of good ol' fashioned Mrs. Baird's white, some pickles, mayo and gtfo my way.  

It's hard to believe this thing generated more buzz than the fried baseball glove thing they kept trying to make a big thing.

popeyes-rip-n-chicken.jpg

I actually tried one of those back in the day. It was pretty good, but the value was a total ripoff. It's tiny. I needed a couple more to feel like I actually ate a meal.

5 minutes ago, DougO said:

It's hard to believe this thing generated more buzz than the fried baseball glove thing they kept trying to make a big thing.

popeyes-rip-n-chicken.jpg

I actually tried one of those back in the day. It was pretty good, but the value was a total ripoff. It's tiny. I needed a couple more to feel like I actually ate a meal.

A chicken glove for our six-finger friends

23 minutes ago, DougO said:

Church's needs to jump in with a "bring your own wonderbread" campaign.

During my Church's days, we'd split open a dinner roll and then put the wing-breast bulb in between for our own version of a slider, put a whole jalapeno on it, maybe a squirt of ketchup.  

I had them a couple of times when they first came out over a month or two ago and thought they were legit and even told friends it was the best FF chicken sandwich out there. I'm surprised it took this long to catch on. Now it's been ruined for everyone apparently.
Only went national on August 12