Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

Man-salughter area? 

You should go to the Taco Cabana at that intersection if your looking for a true "Popeye's" experience.

I used to go to that one all the time when I lived just up the street in Laurelwood Estates. It was awesome. I never had a single issue there. I really miss having a TC so close.

53 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

You can't recreate this thing. It has a brioche bun.

Honestly we need to pool all of the Surl's vast resources to get @DougO a sandwich when they come back online. This is the review that matters and will determine if I head South of 8 mile or not. 

I don't really do fry chicken sandwiches but I might be convinced o take one for the team.

I had one of these a couple of weeks ago after noticing an inordinate amount of twitter chatter by some local Dallas radio guys taking about it and as I happened to be by a Popeyes (which I don’t think I’ve ever visited before) one afternoon while running errands. Funny timing as I then started seeing such massive, nation-wide chatter about it a few days after I had it.

Was it a tasty sandwich? Yes. Was it the best chicken sandwich I’ve ever had? No (Hattie B’s Hot Chicken sandwich gets my vote). Is it worth waiting in ridiculous lines for it? Absolutely not.

I’m in the camp that believes this is all a clever marketing campaign by Popeyes but, as it got me to visit them for the first time ever, more power to them.

Also, as it’s Surly, here’s a pic of the Hattie B’s Hot Chicken sandwich I had:

abb3d5aae406836498c2cd07762b5569.jpg

• Like 3

/Take it to the Nashville thread

I did hit up Hattie B's as it seemed the most kid friendly based on what we were looking for. It was SPECTACULAR. I got the 2 piece hot. And it was hot, but nothing earth shattering. My 9 yo literally just asked me about it again and said could we go get more chicken like Hattie B's. I said probably not but I would scour the google. I don't think Popeye's with their stupid mayo sauce will cut it. 

8 hours ago, mdleast said:

I had one of these a couple of weeks ago after noticing an inordinate amount of twitter chatter by some local Dallas radio guys taking about it and as I happened to be by a Popeyes (which I don’t think I’ve ever visited before) one afternoon while running errands. Funny timing as I then started seeing such massive, nation-wide chatter about it a few days after I had it.

Looks like we know who to blame for this shit

I have been telling my students at McCombs that every few years the populist need someone to blame for the ills of society from the business community    

And while most Americans don’t actually understand who any of these people are or what they do ,  it has been easy over the last 20 years to vilify hedge fund managers,  CEOs, the big banks, Sellers of MBS’s,  Big Pharma, et. Al.    and I warned them that America would soon turn at sites on venture capitalists and private equity groups .    not because it’s right but because it’s easy .  

So the people actually behind this Popeyes chicken sandwich play  so the people actually behind this Popeyes chicken sandwich play our our are our friends at 3G capital and it’s portfolio holder, RBI Foods. 

So in this case America is correct to turn her sights on these evildoers.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I have been telling my students at McCombs that every few years the populist need someone to blame for the ills of society from the business community    

And while most Americans don’t actually understand who any of these people are or what they do ,  it has been easy over the last 20 years to vilify hedge fund managers,  CEOs, the big banks, Sellers of MBS’s,  Big Pharma, et. Al.    and I warned them that America would soon turn at sites on venture capitalists and private equity groups .    not because it’s right but because it’s easy .  

So the people actually behind this Popeyes chicken sandwich play  so the people actually behind this Popeyes chicken sandwich play our our are our friends at 3G capital and it’s portfolio holder, RBI Foods. 

Sure... 2008 was a result of pure ethical standards and righteousness. 

If your head manages to come out of your ass one of these years, enjoy it. 

And get a chicken sandwich. 

Edited by Junior Miller

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

The question has to be asked now since Whataburger now lives in this environment.. 

When do the new overlords/mobsters/jefes at Whataburger join the chicken sandwich battle?   

14 hours ago, mdleast said:

Was it a tasty sandwich? Yes. Was it the best chicken sandwich I’ve ever had? No (Hattie B’s Hot Chicken sandwich gets my vote). Is it worth waiting in ridiculous lines for it? Absolutely not.

I’m in the camp that believes this is all a clever marketing campaign by Popeyes but, as it got me to visit them for the first time ever, more power to them.

Also, as it’s Surly, here’s a pic of the Hattie B’s Hot Chicken sandwich I had:

abb3d5aae406836498c2cd07762b5569.jpg

I don't think the marketing campaign is all that clever. Most people are just that f'n' gullible and predictable.

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Sure... 2008 was a result of pure ethical standards and righteousness. 

If your head manages to come out of your ass one of these years, enjoy it. 

And get a chicken sandwich. 

I admit it was a long preamble but I think you missed the point of my story .   I don’t work for a bank or Wall Street  .    My point was I’ve been looking for the shift in hatred in  our country to be placed on venture capitalists and private equity groups .     I was looking at their questionable behavior high fee structure and lack of value add.

When in reality what’s going to make us turn on them is their involvement in a shortage of chicken sandwiches .

I just thought it was a mildly interesting way to direct the blame for the chicken shortage .    Never fucking mind     by the way since I work at a really lucrative big bank or Wall Street job in your mind , Please let me know what it is so I can start getting that paycheck because I could really use it right now

46 minutes ago, DougO said:

So Popeye's has been taken over by the sandwich mafia after Whataburger was abducted by Illinois Nazis. Church's is just doomed by incompetence.

Before long there won't be anything left but cockroaches and McDondald's.

Fuck life.

It's like you motherfuckers don't even KNOW about the goodness that is Chicken Express gizzards and such.  Quick, generous, affordable....They will always stand as a bulwark of fried chickeny goodness against the McDonald's of this world.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's like you motherfuckers don't even KNOW about the goodness that is Chicken Express gizzards and such.  Quick, generous, affordable....They will always stand as a bulwark of fried chickeny goodness against the McDonald's of this world.

I would like to Try Chicken E but I think the closest one is about 50 miles from here.

14 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Gizzards?  WTF, man.  Gonna chase it with chicken feet?  Heathen.

You freaking DUMBASS.  Chicken feet are obtained at a good dim sum restaurant.  And yes, I eat the hell outta them.

If you hit country joints, soul food joints, brazilian joints, and chinese joints, you can feast on the entire bird -- everything but the bones and beak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The question has to be asked now since Whataburger now lives in this environment.. 

When do the new overlords/mobsters/jefes at Whataburger join the chicken sandwich battle?   

Dude.  The Whatachicken is a thing.

Granted, this example looks like shit, and you can get it either grilled or fried, but alas:

o.jpg

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

You freaking DUMBASS.  Chicken feet are obtained at a good dim sum restaurant.  And yes, I eat the hell outta them.

If you hit country joints, soul food joints, brazilian joints, and chinese joints, you can feast on the entire bird -- everything but the bones and beak.

I've been to a Chinese joint where you can eat the bones. And are supposed to. I didn't find it particularly appealing but I could see where someone might find it to be a fitting crunchy snack to go with a cold beer. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I've been to a Chinese joint where you can eat the bones. And are supposed to. I didn't find it particularly appealing but I could see where someone might find it to be a fitting crunchy snack to go with a cold beer. 

I don't know about eating bones, but the local Chinese buffet I go to has the best buffalo hot wings in town.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

So cooked chicken bones will kill a dog, but a human's system can handle that? I have my doubts. 

I'm just saying that I've been told to induce vomiting when my shitty neighbors throw chicken bones over the fence and the dogs eat them. Should I rethink everything?

I guess the dogs just swallow them whole.

Edited by Deej