Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Just quit driving around with your fucking pets in the first place.

Also not a bad idea.

Most of the time I eat fast food, I'm travelling away from home.  A significant percentage of the time our dog comes with when we travel so we don't have to find someone to watch him/take him to a kennel.

I just lock the door and leave the vehicle running.  Whether it's hot or cold, the cabin stays comfortable, and the dog is fine.

I really only notice the ridiculous drive thru lines at Starbucks, Chic-fil-a, and Whataburger.  The rest of the local fast food spots don't seem to be much of a problem.  I don't drink coffee so I don't pay much attention to how it works at Starbucks, but I assume that line moves fast?  Chic-fil-a moves really fast for the reasons noted earlier (pre making sandwiches).  Our local Whataburger moves slow, and unless I'm pulling up at an obscure hour I never find the drive thru to be the ideal choice if time is the concern.

39 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I've seen some Sonics with a full blown drive thru.  Explain that to me 

they all have these now.  also mind bottling is the people who sit in their cars at the sonic stalls with the windows rolled up and the AC on for the few glorious fall/spring weather days we get each year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I've seen some Sonics with a full blown drive thru.  Explain that to me 

The only one of those that I've ever seen was the one on Burnet Road next to Northcross Mall.  And it was originally a Der Weinerschnitzel so it was configured oddly relative to a normal Sonic, with a drive-thru and inside booths that all had drive-in phones at them.

5 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

I don't use the drive thru because I'm lazy. I use it because I don't want to be crammed into a building with a bunch of fast food eating fucks and their fast food eating fucking kids.   

so you’re just a fast food eating fuck that’s too fat and lazy to get out of your vehicle before consuming 2,000 calories in one sitting?

29 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They come with two pickles.  I know because my daughter won't eat the pickles and I always forget to order it with no pickles.  I pluck off the pickles and eat them myself

If your daughter truly hated pickles, the old pluck the pickles off and eating them yourself trick wouldn’t work, as the pickles have already soiled the bun with disgusting pickle juice.

On 11/6/2019 at 12:02 PM, Gene Parmesan said:

I really only notice the ridiculous drive thru lines at Starbucks, Chic-fil-a, and Whataburger.  The rest of the local fast food spots don't seem to be much of a problem.  I don't drink coffee so I don't pay much attention to how it works at Starbucks, but I assume that line moves fast?  Chic-fil-a moves really fast for the reasons noted earlier (pre making sandwiches).  Our local Whataburger moves slow, and unless I'm pulling up at an obscure hour I never find the drive thru to be the ideal choice if time is the concern.

These days Starbucks seems to be the slowest of lines.  I cringe when I see the car in front of me taking forever and the person at the window hands them 5 frozen mocha frappa whatever drinks.  So I usually never go to Starbucks.

40 minutes ago, Deej said:

Popeye's by my house is closed today, with a note on the door thanking it's customers and apologizing for being closed. It looked like a bunch of their employees bailed. 

giphy.gif

I don’t blame them.  taking lip from a bunch of fat mouth-breathers demanding goddamn chicken sandwiches would make me crazy, too.  and I doubt they’re getting any extra money for their jobs getting 10x shittier. 

3 hours ago, futureman said:

so chic-fil-a is generally considered the best.  you say popeye’s is better than the best.  and you don’t get the hype?

Well, it's a fast food chicken sandwich.

I don't think there's any food item on the face of the planet I'd be willing to sit in a traffic jam or risk getting killed over.  Let alone  a fast food chicken sandwich.  Even if it's the best of said category.  Said category only justifies a certain level of hype, and the hype around this fucking sandwich is above and beyond the level of hype any fucking fast food chicken sandwich should have attached to it.

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Well, it's a fast food chicken sandwich.

I don't think there's any food item on the face of the planet I'd be willing to sit in a traffic jam or risk getting killed over.  Let alone  a fast food chicken sandwich.  Even if it's the best of said category.  Said category only justifies a certain level of hype, and the hype around this fucking sandwich is above and beyond the level of hype any fucking fast food chicken sandwich should have attached to it.

have you had it?

On 11/7/2019 at 11:33 AM, Gene Parmesan said:

Do people really consider a two pieces of soggy bread, a soggy chicken patty, and a single pickle the best chicken sandwich?  I get kids liking it because they are too stupid to know any better, but give me any other fast food chain's chicken sandwich over chic fil a.

You can run for president on this platform and you will have my vote.