Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

On 11/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

Well, it's a fast food chicken sandwich.

I don't think there's any food item on the face of the planet I'd be willing to sit in a traffic jam or risk getting killed over.  Let alone  a fast food chicken sandwich.  Even if it's the best of said category.  Said category only justifies a certain level of hype, and the hype around this fucking sandwich is above and beyond the level of hype any fucking fast food chicken sandwich should have attached to it.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:33 PM, futureman said:

have you had it?

I have had it, and Al is 100% correct.  It's REALLY good. It's also a $5 fast food chicken sandwich.  Not worth waiting in giant lines or taking trips to Suplex City for. The lines are just so simpletons can say they have had the hot new thing. Let the mouthbreathers get their 15 minutes then swoop in and enjoy. 

I drive past a Popeyes everyday and There’s a line into the Main Street on most days now. Previously maybe you saw 2 cars in line.  Actually a pretty smart business move.

Chick fil a isn’t performing magic with their chicken.  Duplicate their sandwich and take their customers especially on Sunday.   In fact, if someone was smart, a food truck would duplicate them and roll up to their location on sundays. word would get out quickly and sell out.

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Chick Fil A's secret isn't the chicken sandwich per se. It's quite simply the best run fast-food restaurant I've ever seen. They're clean, they're efficient and they're consistent. All of them. On the flip side, if you can find a Popeye's or Whataburger that is well-run, you've really got something because my experience is they are absolute shit-shows when it comes to operations.

I agree with this.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Chick Fil A's secret isn't the chicken sandwich per se. It's quite simply the best run fast-food restaurant I've ever seen. They're clean, they're efficient and they're consistent. All of them. On the flip side, if you can find a Popeye's or Whataburger that is well-run, you've really got something because my experience is they are absolute shit-shows when it comes to operations.

Agree with most of this.  I also wonder if people think because it's chicken it's a healthier option to other fast food. 

On 10/28/2019 at 7:46 PM, futureman said:

in a week you’ll be outside of a popeye’s, standing in line and posting in this thread.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:47 PM, Deej said:

Nope. 

30 minutes ago, Deej said:

Five cars in the drive-thru, one person ahead of me in line. 

tenor.gif

Edited by futureman
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Deej said:

Went at lunch today. Five cars in the drive-thru, one person ahead of me in line. Skipped the sandwich and got the 11-piece box for $12.99.

I had my usual two spicy breasteses, only a couple of people there. Perfect lunch for a nastyass cold day.

I went on Friday to try out the sandwich.  Had the spicy and it was tasty.  There were 6 or 7 people in front of me in line and about the same in back of me by the time I got to order.  Probably waited 6 to 8 minutes.  The one girl taking orders was slow AF.  So slow that I had my sandwich before I was finished paying, the transaction took that long. See ya in six months or a year Popeyes. 

Drove by a Popeyes near me today.  No line at the drive through.  Sign on the marquee reads “CHICKEN SANDWICH IS BACK”.  So, I thought, what the hell.  Pulled up to the speaker.  Piece of paper with shitty handwriting taped to speaker reads “were outa chiken sanwhiches”.  Kept driving.

Edited by Landomatic
Okay, slight exaggeration on the spelling, but the rest is all true.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:55 PM, Landomatic said:

Drove by a Popeyes near me today.  No line at the drive through.  Sign on the marquee reads “CHICKEN SANDWICH IS BACK”.  So, I thought, what the hell.  Pulled up to the speaker.  Piece of paper with shitty handwriting taped to speaker reads “were outa chiken sanwhiches”.  Kept driving.

That means they were out, but not anymore. Sucker.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

I agree with this with one exception:  spicy chicken biscuit for breakfast.  It's the one thing I will stop to get at CFA

They officially discontinued that back in 2016, but apparently some locations still do it, including some in Austin?  I stopped ordering it back then, because they told me it was no longer available.  I guess that has changed.

But now I'm thinking, you grab a Chick fil A spicy chicken sandwich, toss the bun, head over to Whataburger and get the jalapeno cheddar biscuit, and throw that Chick fil A chicken in there.  Then you'd really have something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

They officially discontinued that back in 2016, but apparently some locations still do it, including some in Austin?  I stopped ordering it back then, because they told me it was no longer available.  I guess that has changed.

But now I'm thinking, you grab a Chick fil A spicy chicken sandwich, toss the bun, head over to Whataburger and get the jalapeno cheddar biscuit, and throw that Chick fil A chicken in there.  Then you'd really have something.

Yes.  They still have it at Austin locations. 

And I like your thinking