Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

But now I'm thinking, you grab a Chick fil A spicy chicken sandwich, toss the bun, head over to Whataburger and get the jalapeno cheddar biscuit, and throw that Chick fil A chicken in there.  Then you'd really have something.

Shut.  Up. 

Wait, I have neither a Whataburger or a CFA(airport location excluded)…  fuck! 

Had this for lunch today. # 9 is supposed to be a spicy chicken sandwich. that was not spicy. I usually get a 4 piece spicy at popeyes so I know their spice, so I might've gotten a weak piece of chicken off the assembly line now that theyre mass making these things.

since there was no spice, i was bored of it. Ill give it another shot down the road when it dies down and 90% of the popeyes isnt eating one of these damn things.

1)chick fil a wins because its spicy, and the quality of chicken is top quality every time ive had one

2) wendys.  Im a fan of wendys spicy breading the most...but to me, it sometimes has bad chicken. Itll be fatty crap "chicken" or a ton of breading with little meat. CFA chicken + wendys breading would be amazing.

3) popeyes. again, will give it another shot to see if i get a spicy piece.  the chicken was decent cut tho. mayo was pretty pointless  as it had no taste

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

I'm thinking, you grab a Chick fil A spicy chicken sandwich, toss the bun, head over to Whataburger and get the jalapeno cheddar biscuit, and throw that Chick fil A chicken in there.  Then you'd really have something.

young-frankenstein.jpg

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

3) popeyes. again, will give it another shot to see if i get a spicy piece.  the chicken was decent cut tho. mayo was pretty pointless  as it had no taste

You didn’t get what you ordered then. As has been noted many times in this thread, their spicy version of the sandwich is the mayo, not the chicken. Sorry, bro. 

23 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Haven't tried the Popeye's one yet, but I can tell you with certainty what's NOT the best spicy chicken sandwich.  Jack in the Box.  Tried one for lunch today.  Holly crap that thing was horrendous!

The mistake you made was eating at jack in the box sober before midnight

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Haven't tried the Popeye's one yet, but I can tell you with certainty what's NOT the best spicy chicken sandwich.  Jack in the Box.  Tried one for lunch today.  Holly crap that thing was horrendous!

God damnit now I want curly fries 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Checking in. Nominal wait in line for dinner time on a Friday. It was damn good. Big and juicy with that Popeyes spice. Could use a little more of the spicy mayo. Anyone been able to get them to give some extra on the side?

Jesus...do you want to get shot/stabbed?  Don’t push it

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2019 at 8:45 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Had this for lunch today. # 9 is supposed to be a spicy chicken sandwich. that was not spicy. I usually get a 4 piece spicy at popeyes so I know their spice, so I might've gotten a weak piece of chicken off the assembly line now that theyre mass making these things.

since there was no spice, i was bored of it. Ill give it another shot down the road when it dies down and 90% of the popeyes isnt eating one of these damn things.

1)chick fil a wins because its spicy, and the quality of chicken is top quality every time ive had one

2) wendys.  Im a fan of wendys spicy breading the most...but to me, it sometimes has bad chicken. Itll be fatty crap "chicken" or a ton of breading with little meat. CFA chicken + wendys breading would be amazing.

Ya, this is my issue with the sandwich. I found out talking to an employee when trying to get a spicy and regular one that they both have the same chicken fry mix...the spice for the sandwich is in the spicy mayo sauce....the spice for the chicken pieces is in the fry...this is where they lose major points imo. I only go to Popeyes for the spicy chicken. I do like the sandwich...but still give chic fil a the win.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 7:29 PM, Deej said:

The one by me figured out they needed to stop making them to order and just have tons already made, in the bags, under the heat lamp, Chik-fil-A style. More soggy sandwiches. At least they won't taste like bigotry.

I've never seen a Chic-Fil-A sandwich sit under a heat lamp for longer than a few minutes or long enough to become soggy.  There certainly aren't "tons" precooked.  You can say what you want about the taste of their food, but their service should be the model for all fast food restaurants to aspire to.  They have it completely figured out, and their service is consistent across different locations and franchises because of how scrupulous they are in letting people own them.  You could be in a line wrapped around the building at a Chic-Fil-A and be driving away with fresh food faster than you would at a Popeyes or Whataburger if you were the fifth person in line.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I've never seen a Chic-Fil-A sandwich sit under a heat lamp for longer than a few minutes or long enough to become soggy.  There certainly aren't "tons" precooked.  You can say what you want about the taste of their food, but their service should be the model for all fast food restaurants to aspire to.  They have it completely figured out, and their service is consistent across different locations and franchises because of how scrupulous they are in letting people own them.  You could be in a line wrapped around the building at a Chic-Fil-A and be driving away with fresh food faster than you would at a Popeyes or Whataburger if you were the fifth person in line.  

I always order mine with one modification so it’s fresher. But it’s always extra pickles 

I think I mentioned it a few pages back. Corporate Popeyes golf league guy told me the 'spicy' is literally just mayo mixed with the spice mix they put in the batter for the spicy chicken. What kind of stupid shit is that? Why not put the spice mix in the batter for the sandwich? I stand by my fuck mayo comment. I may try the regular sando when I get around to it, but I agree with Tailgate. 

1 minute ago, Landomatic said:

No shit?  Huh, you’ve never mentioned that before

You feeling chippy?  Come at me bro!

(I just thought it was appropriate for the discussion, since it's a way to get Chick fil A served hot and fresh instead of the soggy heat lamp version-- which I've never had, because I always order it sans pickle, obviously :) )

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Shit steams in their sealed bag. I thought soggy was intentional?