Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

just got one at the one off 35 in belton.  one person in front of me in line, one car in drive thru.  pretty dead, not busy at all.  took about 8 minutes to place my order and another 5-7 to get one sandwich.  the customer service is just unbelievable in how bad it is.  

the sandwich was excellent. 

They officially discontinued that back in 2016, but apparently some locations still do it, including some in Austin?  I stopped ordering it back then, because they told me it was no longer available.  I guess that has changed.
But now I'm thinking, you grab a Chick fil A spicy chicken sandwich, toss the bun, head over to Whataburger and get the jalapeno cheddar biscuit, and throw that Chick fil A chicken in there.  Then you'd really have something.

Could you pull that move at Love Field? CFA and Whataburger are almost right next to each other. And you could grab a Dunkin coffee to go with it and get the full colon blow.

Had one today. No line at all at the drive thru at the location on Richmond near Chimney Rock. It was very good. My one complaint is that it came with too much sauce. I wonder if they offer the sauce in a pouch or a CFA style container? I’d like it dry with the sauce on the side.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:03 PM, scottsins said:

It does. I mean the sauce doesn’t overwhelm the nice juicy fried chicken breast.

It’s not a piece of A5 certified Kobe beef from japan. The sauce tastes good. Not really a big deal.

This is the correct take and most of you people are fucking psychos. It's a god damn fast food chicken sandwich. 

16 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Good news, Chick Fil A no longer hates the gays. Amazing what a viral tweet from a competitor will do for your core values. 

never enough for the professional victims....

If Chick-Fil-A is serious about their pledge to stop holding hands with divisive anti-LGBTQ activists, then further transparency is needed regarding their deep ties to organizations like Focus on the Family, which exist purely to harm LGBTQ people and families.

Chick-Fil-A investors, employees, and customers can greet today’s announcement with cautious optimism, but should remember that similar press statements were previously proven to be empty.

In addition to refraining from financially supporting anti-LGBTQ organizations, Chick-Fil-A still lacks policies to ensure safe workplaces for LGBTQ employees and should unequivocally speak out against the anti-LGBTQ reputation that their brand represents.

Because fuck the Salvation Army

“We’re saddened to learn that a corporate partner has felt it necessary to divert funding to other hunger, education and homelessness organizations — areas in which The Salvation Army, as the largest social services provider in the world, is already fully committed,” the organization said in a statement Monday afternoon.

The Salvation Army said that it serves more than 23 million individuals a year, including those in the queer community. The group said that it believes it is “the largest provider of poverty relief to the LGBTQ+ population.”

“When misinformation is perpetuated without fact, our ability to serve those in need, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or any other factor, is at risk. We urge the public to seek the truth before rushing to ill-informed judgment.”

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Got the original/regular sandwich on Sunday and there wasn’t any sauce and it was actually kind of dry. Did they just forget the sauce or is that just for the spicy sandwich?

Also, maybe completely unrelated, but I was real close to making my 1st entry in the 2019 Shart thread about 10 minutes after eating the sandwich. 

Had my first Spicy Chicken sandwich last weekend at the Cameron Rd location.  Took f'ing forever to get order taken.  Line was already 5 deep when I went in. No one took an order for at least 5 minutes. Finally ordered about 10 mins after getting in line.  Took another 5 mins to get the sammich. It was damn good, better than CFA, certainly a better value.

Two Popeyes regulars in front of me were pissed off since they started serving the sammiches.  "Them sandwiches fucked up everything." They said it takes forever now to order anything because of the shit show the sandwiches caused. True dat.

just got one at the one off 35 in belton.  one person in front of me in line, one car in drive thru.  pretty dead, not busy at all.  took about 8 minutes to place my order and another 5-7 to get one sandwich.  the customer service is just unbelievable in how bad it is.  
the sandwich was excellent. 

Expecting good customer service at Popeyes is your first mistake.

Best part of this chicken sandwich is you can get it on sundays.

It’s better than CFA

Had my first Spicy Chicken sandwich last weekend at the Cameron Rd location.  Took f'ing forever to get order taken.  Line was already 5 deep when I went in. No one took an order for at least 5 minutes. Finally ordered about 10 mins after getting in line.  Took another 5 mins to get the sammich. It was damn good, better than CFA, certainly a better value.
Two Popeyes regulars in front of me were pissed off since they started serving the sammiches.  "Them sandwiches fucked up everything." They said it takes forever now to order anything because of the shit show the sandwiches caused. True dat.
Our popeyes will never have the hardcore lines or loyalists most in the south do. But i can totally see wanting their 4 pc spicy/regular meal but having the wait be 5x longer than normal because of this stupid hype

Our popeyes will never have the hardcore lines or loyalists most in the south do. But i can totally see wanting their 4 pc spicy/regular meal but having the wait be 5x longer than normal because of this stupid hype