Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

Lines still around the building all day every day in Atlanta. Tried to get one at 3pm today and after sitting for five minutes waiting on someone to acknowledge me at the speaker beyond “hol’ on” I drove off. Drove past another with at least fifteen cars in line.

That must be some sandwich.

49 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Lines still around the building all day every day in Atlanta. Tried to get one at 3pm today and after sitting for five minutes waiting on someone to acknowledge me at the speaker beyond “hol’ on” I drove off. Drove past another with at least fifteen cars in line.

That must be some sandwich.

Who knew chicken would be so popular in Atlanta?

racist comedy central GIF

• Like 3

Just tried it, no lines or nothing and it lived up to the hype. Seemed like it was twice as big as Chickfila, though more expensive. Will eat again, just need to walk to the restaurant and hit up the gym before and after.

Also they need to add Chicken and Waffles to the menu with that chicken.

Edited by shnsajax

3 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Just tried it, no lines or nothing and it lived up to the hype. Seemed like it was twice as big as Chickfila, though more expensive. Will eat again, just need to walk to the restaurant and hit up the gym before and after.

Also they need to add Chicken and Waffles to the menu with that chicken.

Employees will start killing customers if they add waffles. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Employees will start killing customers if they add waffles. 

Add once the slowdown with the sandwiches begins to happen.

What's funny here is they closed down a brand new Popeye's right down the street from Boise St at the beginning of the year to switch it to The Habit burger. Then they backed out of that and the building has been empty ever since. 

On 11/17/2019 at 6:45 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Little talked about fact, Popeyes sides beat the hell out of chic fil a sides 

also Popeyes has strawberry soda 

Here you go, another fried chicken offering to sample in H-town. We will wait for your scouting report. 

You don’t usually see Taco Bell and fried chicken in the same sentence. Well, that’s changing.

The Mexican fast-casual chain is officially testing out its new Crispy Tortilla Chicken in Houston, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, starting tomorrow before launching it across its stores in 2020. The innovation process took 100 variations of the recipe, according to Taco Bell.

It features all white-meat chicken that’s been marinated in a jalapeño buttermilk marinade and rolled in a tortilla chip coating. Customers can purchase the chicken separately or inside of a taco.

The new item will be served with Taco Bell’s new Creamy Chili Pepper Sauce. It will cost $1.99 for a taco, $2.99 for 2 pieces of chicken, $3.99 for 3 pieces, and will also be available in $5 and $7 boxes.

Taco Bell said in a release that it’s looking to continue its menu innovation following the enormous success of Nacho Fries, which generated $1 billion in sales.

Fried chicken and menu innovation have both played critical roles for fast-food restaurants this year. The unexpectedly successful launch of the Popeyes chicken sandwich proved that new menu items are the key to driving foot traffic and sales.

In early September, Taco Bell also launched the Toasted Cheddar Chalupa after axing nine menu items to make room for new innovations.

Finally had this damn thing. Got a regular. Was pretty good though it was a tad dry (very little mayo). Not worth killing or fighting over. Probably not worth waiting very long in line for either. The location by Love Field was "Cash only" today so no telling what kind of scheme the employees were running.

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Finally had this damn thing. Got a regular. Was pretty good though it was a tad dry (very little mayo). Not worth killing or fighting over. Probably not worth waiting very long in line for either. The location by Love Field was "Cash only" today so no telling what kind of scheme the employees were running.

I’d rather them run a scheme to fuck the owner of the store out of money rather than one to fuck me out of money.  I stopped at a shithole convenience store the other day, grabbed a coffee and a couple of donuts.  Got my card out to pay and the guy behind the counter told the the cc machine at the register wasn’t working, and he needed to go to the back to run it.  I paid cash.

I had the chicken sandwich the other day, regular.  It was good, but not life changing.  And I should probably put this in the unpopular opinions thread, but Super Chix has a superior sandwich, as well as some of the best fast food fries on the planet.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Were you packin when you went?  Because that’s the one I go to.  And I just wanna know if I need to go in packin?

Found myself driving right by one at 11 am so said what the hell and doubled back to get the sandwich and see if it's still the same as when I had one pre-hype. 

Saw no cars in line and got to the order box to see a piece of paper taped to it with the writing "I'm sorry we're out of sandwiches". 

And Super Chix tastes way too strong of peanut oil. It's overwhelming and too much for me to enjoy. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Any particular reasons you guys ordered the regular and not the spicy? 

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

lulz

Yeah I mean...the hype is for the spicy right?  Maybe you don’t have to wait in line for the regular?  Or maybe you can’t get stabbed or shot if you’re there for the regular?  That’s the only reasons I can think of.  Because the hype is for the spicy.  So you gotta get the spicy.  Right?

22 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah I mean...the hype is for the spicy right?  Maybe you don’t have to wait in line for the regular?  Or maybe you can’t get stabbed or shot if you’re there for the regular?  That’s the only reasons I can think of.  Because the hype is for the spicy.  So you gotta get the spicy.  Right?

Very little difference between the two. I haven't found the spicy to be spicy.

Me and my twins ordered one of each so we could compare, wife was the only non-fatty, she had spicy but only ate the yard bird. She always gives her bread to one of the twins.

our consensus was the spicy was the winner but both were damn good.  Lot more meat compared to CFA, and the breading is crispy. The pickles are better on the Popeyes sandwich too.

18 minutes ago, RMac5 said:

Me and my twins ordered one of each so we could compare, wife was the only non-fatty, she had spicy but only ate the yard bird. She always gives her bread to one of the twins.

our consensus was the spicy was the winner but both were damn good.  Lot more meat compared to CFA, and the breading is crispy. The pickles are better on the Popeyes sandwich too.

Crushes the homophobe chicken sandwich. 

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Landomatic said:

The chicken isn’t even spicy. The hype is over mayonnaise, apparently.

15 minutes ago, DougO said:

I was at Popeye's earlier this week. They had a bigass pile of them sammiches all wrapped up under the heat lamp. LOL

I hit the deej location on north lamar today around 230.  no line and got the sandwich when I got my change.  but it wasn’t fresh.  tasted like it had been sitting out for a while. 

5 hours ago, futureman said:

I hit the deej location on north lamar today around 230.  no line and got the sandwich when I got my change.  but it wasn’t fresh.  tasted like it had been sitting out for a while. 

That's because it came out of the same pile that was there at 12:15, when I was there. Nobody was ordering them. Back to 3 piece boxes for the regulars.