Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I hear you, I do this also with turkey.  What I use is not what is usually ground in a chicken patty they probably get from Sysco or you get from the grocery store, they call that chicken parts.  

P Terry's has always used fresh ground beef and hand cut fries, I don't see any reason to believe they'd be using a patty from Sysco or the like.

Finally got one because lines and craze have died down and got it without mayo but put some Tapatio sauce on it and it was really good. Tried the Cajun sparkle first but found it doesn't have enough heat so I killed my wife.

Interesting.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deej said:

I dislike P. Terry's solely for the people heading southbound on Lsmar trying to take a left in their parking lot back before the virus killed traffic. 

you mean northbound?  if you’re heading south pterrys on right. 

Popeye's has been great during the pandemic thing. People don't seem to realize that you can actually go in the lobby and order. I always get a kick out of driving up and popping in and being the only one in line, getting an order in just a few minutes and walking out with the goods to see the same longass line of vehicles still waiting for food.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

i must've gotten a bad one then.  consistency was like a mcdonald's chicken nugget. not spicy at all either.

It may be a preference thing. I didn't mind the texture, although since you brought it up Popeyes is a chicken breast while PTerrys seems a bit processed. So agreed Popeyes chicken is better. I like the spicy on the batter in PTerrys versus spicy in the mayo sauce. Last two times I ate the Popeyes sammich, the sauce was way to salty and seemed out of balance with the rest of the sandwich. 

39 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Golden Chick is throwing their hat in the sammich ring. Their rolls are quite tasty, and I like that this offering comes as standard without mayo (something called "Zing sauce" is the default).   

spacer.png

https://www.chewboom.com/2020/05/22/golden-chick-unveils-new-big-and-golden-chicken-sandwich/

In related news - @Steamboat1874  was arrested for public indecency while sandwich fucking in his parked vehicle in front of the Golden Chick in downtown Georgetown.

7 hours ago, Dutch said:

Golden Chick is throwing their hat in the sammich ring. Their rolls are quite tasty, and I like that this offering comes as standard without mayo (something called "Zing sauce" is the default).   

spacer.png

https://www.chewboom.com/2020/05/22/golden-chick-unveils-new-big-and-golden-chicken-sandwich/

Went by the Oak Hill one for a late lunch and they don’t have them yet despite there being an ad for it on the menu. 

18 hours ago, DougO said:

Popeye's has been great during the pandemic thing. People don't seem to realize that you can actually go in the lobby and order. I always get a kick out of driving up and popping in and being the only one in line, getting an order in just a few minutes and walking out with the goods to see the same longass line of vehicles still waiting for food.

Considering the chances were pretty high of catching a bad virus from going inside a Popeyes before the Covid, I think I’ll pass.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:53 PM, DougO said:

Must be nice.  The location we went to last week had the lobby closed, since I had to wait in the DT line, I ordered two, fuck it, I'm a fatass. 

22 hours ago, Paco said:

Does the P Terry's sammich come with their disgusting fries?

Their fries are great. You just have to eat them right away. Some of y'all think that fast food should still be good 20 minutes after it has been made and steaming in a bag. You eat that in your car or at the restaurant, you don't take it home. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Bolero88 said:

Their fries are great. You just have to eat them right away. Some of y'all think that fast food should still be good 20 minutes after it has been made and steaming in a bag. You eat that in your car or at the restaurant, you don't take it home. 

Yup, I like their fries too, when they're hot and fresh.  They do have a very rapid "good-to-suck" decline, though.  

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Yup, I like their fries too, when they're hot and fresh.  They do have a very rapid "good-to-suck" decline, though.  

Agreed on this assessment.  Fresh P Terry's fries are really good.  You have about 10 minutes to eat them, though.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Viper said:

How does it compare to the pluckers buffalo chicken sandwich?

I always go with bone in wings and Blue Moons when I’m at Pluckers. RIP Jamaican Jerk, it went from off the menu to gone all together. If you haven’t tried the Popeye’s sandwich, you’re missing out. It’s about $4 so you have very little to lose. I’d ask for extra sauce and no pickles. Most locations have a been a bit stingy with sauce as of late. 

If you’re in Houston, Frenchy’s chicken sandwich is supposed to be the best of the bunch: 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I tried the Chick Fil A spicy chicken sandwich for the first time in a long time this evening. The Popeye’s spicy chicken sandwich is superior in every way. Portion, texture, bite, taste, bun, spices, price, and the Chick Fil A sandwich has no sauce.

By no sauce you mean no mayo. That’s why Popeye’s is inferior by default.

• Like 1

I had the Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich today for the first time. 

It's a decent deal for 7 bucks and change for the combo but man, it's a fried chicken sandwich. 

I guess if you're the kind of person who thinks Chick Fil A is amazing, it's amazing. But Chick Fil A is boring as shit, and this Popeyes incarnation is a mild improvement. And I say mild because that shit isn't spicy.