Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

On 12/7/2020 at 3:37 PM, NWBuck said:

It's Gwyneth. She probably stained it pulling a jade egg out of her ass or doing scented candle research.

(yes, I acknowledge the Tenenbaum source material) 

Didn't catch it being Gwyn but did notice Morticia Adams. 

20 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

This was the special at the Cedar Park Stiles Switch location yesterday, and it was fucking fantastic. They told me there were only two left when I ordered and I regret not getting both of them. 

130573196_3165143353591858_1748407374780

Did it hurt unhinging your jaw to eat that? 

4 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

This was the special at the Cedar Park Stiles Switch location yesterday, and it was fucking fantastic. They told me there were only two left when I ordered and I regret not getting both of them. 

130573196_3165143353591858_1748407374780

I wanted to get by for that yesterday but had some last-minute executive daycare I had to perform at lunch.  I'm definitely getting by tomorrow for the chicken-fried beef rib, it's a Christmastime tradition for me.

• 1 month later...
cajun rice may be getting the axe:
https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/popeyes-cajun-rice-discontinued-2021-menu
still seems to be on the menu here in houston so maybe it's a regional thing?

Have noticed it at two locations in the Austin area. And it wasn’t “we’re out of it,” it was “we no longer serve it.”

What kind of bullshit fuckery is this?

My kind of second mother-in-law (My FiL's longtime partner) worked at a production company that had the Popeye's account for many years. She was consistently in New Orleans to shoot their commercials. Then the execs decided to pull the plug a few years ago and shoot all the commercials in Los Angeles. Figured that was a bad sign. 

12 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

My kind of second mother-in-law (My FiL's longtime partner) worked at a production company that had the Popeye's account for many years. She was consistently in New Orleans to shoot their commercials. Then the execs decided to pull the plug a few years ago and shoot all the commercials in Los Angeles. Figured that was a bad sign. 

Yeah, I mean if you can't trust the commercials to be authentic for your cajun themed fast food, who can you trust?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The Wendy's chicken sandwich was much better than the Popeye's I tried.

the quality of the chicken in the popeye’s sandwich has been hit or miss for me, but, the times they have gotten it right (which is >50%) it is by far the best fast food chicken sandwich available.

I know that may not be a ringing endorsement. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

the quality of the chicken in the popeye’s sandwich has been hit or miss for me, but, the times they have gotten it right (which is >50%) it is by far the best fast food chicken sandwich available.

Do you ever give any other kind?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, futureman said:

So it's basically a coin flip.  That's some quality control for ya.

9 hours ago, futureman said:

The Popeye's sandwich I ate was way to salty but fine otherwise.

Might have just been a flike. Will try again at some point.

The Wendy's chicken sandwich was pretty damn good though.

I finally had a piece of shit Popeyes chicken sandwich. Tasted OK until I bit into the rubber middle. Couldn't even chew it. Very gross and threw it away. 

This has happened to me the last two times I went. Last time my sandwich was fine and my wife’s was rubber. She said she’s never going back to Popeyes lol

I thought it may just be my location but seems to be more widespread. I’m not down with taking chances on a chicken sandwich. Regardless of the taste test between them, that would NEVER happen at Chick Fil A

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

Glad I'm not the only one.  I think I've had four of them since they came out.  Two were awesome, and the other two had some weird connective tissue/cartilage-ish thing going on in the middle.

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

Glad I'm not the only one.  I think I've had four of them since they came out.  Two were awesome, and the other two had some weird connective tissue/cartilage-ish thing going on in the middle.

username almost checks out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Maybe, but the chances of getting anything resembling "crispy" with Chick-fil-A is zero.

We have a Chick-Fil-A in the cafeteria at work, and damn if it has ruined me on all outside Fil-As.  Every sammich (spicy or reg, but esp the spicy) is piping hot and crisp, as are the nuggs and fries (which is a massive upgrade on the usually soft and cool variety you normally get at Fil-A).  You can ask them to make you a fresh batch of fries, even if there are fries ready to go, and the carton will get uncomfortably hot as a you stand in line to pay. 

There are too many other options, ones that don't serve rubber (happened to me a few times also) and actually provide customer service, for me to spend money at Popeye's.  Maybe the "fuck you why you bothering me" is part the experience, but no thanks.