Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

4 hours ago, Landomatic said:

So it's basically a coin flip.  That's some quality control for ya.

Popeye’s has always been a coin flip.  The one nearest my house is normally pretty good.   I’m thankful that they provide employment opportunities for the segment of society that ran out of fucks to give many years ago.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Popeye’s has always been a coin flip.  The one nearest my house is normally pretty good.   I’m thankful that they provide employment opportunities for the segment of society that ran out of fucks to give many years ago.  

I’ll be damned if the one closest to me doesn’t hire from the same pool.  It’s also a coin flip on a lot of other shit besides food quality...like whether or not you get car jacked, and wether or not you catch some kind of virus (and that was the case pre-covid).  Its part of the overall charm really.

5 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I’ll be damned if the one closest to me doesn’t hire from the same pool.  It’s also a coin flip on a lot of other shit besides food quality...like whether or not you get car jacked, and wether or not you catch some kind of virus (and that was the case pre-covid).  Its part of the overall charm really.

Yeah, I don’t go into the store.  Ever.

23 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

there really is 0 fucks given there. it's quite amazing. it's a DMV type experience.  interesting business model.

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

Their app says they have delivery. I'm too afraid to try it. 

The boy used it the other day.  They offered free delivery, he was hungry, he ordered a buncha grub, he got it and the order was right.

But like all other Popeyes experiences, you are surely rolling the dice.

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wife picked some up last night. They got our orders right....but failed to provide any biscuits. Because Popeyes.

18 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You just gotta just take the L. You say something back like this isnt right I am 99% positive theyre going to do something to it.

62c798516eab62701de7194beb3bb04d.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 11:52 AM, conVINCEd said:

This is true. My regular has very good service but many I have been to have been terrible. But their record is much better than Church's, which is 99.9% guaranteed clusterfudge service and messed up orders.

This is true. My regular has very good service but many I have been to have been terrible. But their record is much better than Church's, which is 99.9% guaranteed clusterfudge service and messed up orders.

Popeyes = mean and rude
Church’s = slow and stupid
Both are guaranteed to fuck up part of your order

Next up, fish sandwich wars?

After the massive success of its chicken sandwich, Popeye’s (QSR) is out with a new sandwich menu item, the Cajun Flounder Sandwich.

Beginning Thursday, Feb. 11, it will be available in restaurants and for delivery nationwide for $4.49. The Pacific-water fried fish is “light and flakey and seasoned in a blend of the Louisiana-rooted brand’s Cajun mild and spicy seasoning” — and topped with tartar sauce, according to a tantalizing description provided by the company.

It also shares a couple of attributes with its poultry counterpart: Both are served on a toasted brioche bun and come with Popeyes’ trademark pickles.

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

They were alright, nothing special. The spicy sandwich is much better. I'll go try their new fish sandwich when they start selling it. 

On 2/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Neither have livers and gizzards anymore, advantage: Chicken Express

This is not wrong.  A big box of fried gizzards is one of life's perfect joys.  Man.....imagine if Popeyes did gizzards, though.....

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

spacer.png

Oh....shit....my son can SMASH some fish sandwiches (seriously, lent comes around, and he's excited because everyone brings back their fish sandwich - so far, Wendy's is his favorite).  But Popeyes is also his favorite fast food.  And if they have a fish sandwich....he'll be eating 3-4 per day.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Apparently some locations do, but I've never seen one. 

Some Buccee's have them, and they do them really well.

And of course, Terry's on Airport does a pretty good batch.

The best fried innard is hearts, but NOBODY does those.  Have to do them at home.  Which I do.

A couple of times this last month I’ve bought the 2 planks of frozen Luby’s fish patties from H‑E‑B and made my son and I fish sandwiches for lunch (he chose the virtual schooling for the year) and we love them. It’s been an interesting year. I’ve worked from home for years and always just scrounged for lunch. Always been by myself during the day. Having him around for lunch I’ve been having him try things the wife would never go for dinner. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Still love me some Popeye's, always get two breasteses. But they have now discontinued green beans, my usual side. Had to switch to slaw, ain't tryna double down on the carbs, already splurging on the fried part. They also discontinued corn, which I don't eat, but still seems kinda wtf.

KFC has also discontinued green beans. Why does America hate green beans and a healthier side choice?

Thanks, Biden!