Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

1 hour ago, Deej said:

I'm just saying that I've been told to induce vomiting when my shitty neighbors throw chicken bones over the fence and the dogs eat them. Should I rethink everything?

I guess the dogs just swallow them whole.

I've seen a lot of dogs eat chicken bones without a problem. I've heard the same warnings. I've never known anyone who said they lost their dog to chicken bones. Why do we never hear of dead foxes around the chicken coop?

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I've seen a lot of dogs eat chicken bones without a problem. I've heard the same warnings. I've never known anyone who said they lost their dog to chicken bones. Why do we never hear of dead foxes around the chicken coop?

Those bones weren't cooked.

• Like 2

I found Hattie B’s underwhelming. The spice was very unevenly applied, and the chicken had that rubber thing going on. What causes rubber chicken anyway? It’s happened to me on the grill occasionally.

I haven’t had the Popeyes but Chick Fil A is fantastic. Especially the spicy deluxe.

Wendy’s is inedible.

I live right by MLK and Airport. We got the good Popeyes over here, two doors up from Terry’s, who got my livers and gizzards and oysters too.

That is a stretch of goodness over there. Popeyes, terry’s, fruta feliz, and further down, Mr Catfish, Las Mangonadas, and Dans. Airport is some good shit.
  • Like 1

Quality of actual chicken breast, the type of pickle used, sauce and bun are all "advantage Popeye's"

The biggest edge to popeye's without a doubt, is that its actually a piece of fried chicken, instead of whatever that "dino-nugget" looking thing is with the fine breadcrumbs or whatever.  It's not even close.

• Like 1

I live right by MLK and Airport. We got the good Popeyes over here, two doors up from Terry’s, who got my livers and gizzards and oysters too.

Shit, Terry’s still exists? I don’t make it over that way anymore but I used to always go there with my dad(Rip) in the early 90s.
  • Like 1

Low quality feed lot chicken meat that grows too fast has fat deposits that look like white striping in the meat that causes the stringy rubbery texture.

Ah. It seems to be random though. I tend to get my chicken from the same place, and every once in a while: rubber.

On 8/31/2019 at 7:48 AM, scottsins said:

Quality of actual chicken breast, the type of pickle used, sauce and bun are all "advantage Popeye's"

The biggest edge to popeye's without a doubt, is that its actually a piece of fried chicken, instead of whatever that "dino-nugget" looking thing is with the fine breadcrumbs or whatever.  It's not even close.

This

also, put me in the “Hattie Bs sucks” crowd. 

While you’re waiting around for Popeye’s to re-up their chicken sandwiches, I encourage you to visit Pollo Las Abuelas for your fried chicken sandwich fix. It’s in the gas station parking lot just north of Valentina’s off Manchaca. Mexican chicken sandwiches. Get the Espicy. So fucking good. Also get the Bandera tots. I’ve espoused their greatness on the “sandwiches” and “fried chicken” threads in Naoch. But those forums don’t get as much traffic.

9d9a6a683c5192477828ae68d5777f40.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, irishtexan said:

While you’re waiting around for Popeye’s to re-up their chicken sandwiches, I encourage you to visit Pollo Las Abuelas for your fried chicken sandwich fix. It’s in the gas station parking lot just north of Valentina’s off Manchaca. Mexican chicken sandwiches. Get the Espicy. So fucking good. Also get the Bandera tots. I’ve espoused their greatness on the “sandwiches” and “fried chicken” threads in Naoch. But those forums don’t get as much traffic.

9d9a6a683c5192477828ae68d5777f40.jpg

I posted that a couple pages ago.  It really is good.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:
I like Popeye’s and hit up their Tuesday special about once a month. $1.49 for a thigh and drumstick. Last time I went, I swear one of the thighs was a back piece. That’s some shady shit.

I'll probably get banned for this but chicken thighs suck

Best piece of the bird.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
12 hours ago, TonyTexas said:
I like Popeye’s and hit up their Tuesday special about once a month. $1.49 for a thigh and drumstick. Last time I went, I swear one of the thighs was a back piece. That’s some shady shit.

I'll probably get banned for this but chicken thighs suck

Dark meat > white meat.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Is it just me or has there been a huge uptick in other places (Jack In The Box, Wendy's, etc) advertising their chicken sandwich lately?  Can't tell if I'm just noticing it because of all this popeye's shit or if the other companies are trying to jump on the bandwagon.

they should.  the Wendy’s spicy chicken sandwich had been legit for decades.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, TonyTexas said:

A few weeks ago I got a breast that still had a wing on it, just counted as a breast. I didn't mind that at all.

13 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Is it just me or has there been a huge uptick in other places (Jack In The Box, Wendy's, etc) advertising their chicken sandwich lately?  Can't tell if I'm just noticing it because of all this popeye's shit or if the other companies are trying to jump on the bandwagon.

I haven't noticed because I don't eat at those joints. But breast meat has gotten much more economical due to the idiotic fajitafication of the chicken wing market. That's why the keep pushing bullshit like "boneless wings" which are breast meat.

Of course that doesn't really apply to the laminated chicken feet, combs and cartilage that a lot of fast food "chicken" patties consist of.

Edited by DougO

4 minutes ago, DougO said:

I haven't noticed because I don't eat at those joints. But breast meat has gotten much more economical due to the idiotic fajitafication of the chicken wing market. That's why the keep pushing bullshit like "boneless wings" which are breast meat.

Of course that doesn't really apply to the laminated chicken feet, combs and cartilage that a lot of fast food "chicken" patties consist of.

you can take my spicy mcchicken when you pry it from my cold, dead, mayo-slathered hands

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, tjhooker said:

OK, I had one of the Popeyes a couple weeks ago. Waited 25 mins to get that SOB.  It's alright but Chick-fil-A is much better IMHO.  Especially the spicy sandwich. This is the real world rankings.  Chick-fil-A > Popeyes > Wendy's > BK > McDonald's 

Agree.  I had one a couple months ago before the big rush, and it was underwhelming.  It was ok, but definitely not better than the spicy Chic fil A.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Agree.  I had one a couple months ago before the big rush, and it was underwhelming.  It was ok, but definitely not better than the spicy Chic fil A.

I left work early a couple of weeks ago to find a place that wasn’t out. Ended having to go to two locations then wait 10 minutes in line to order. My order came without pickles as they had ran out. 😡

big fan but quality of chicken goes to chick-fil-a. I like the level of spice at Popeyes though