Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

On 9/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:
On 9/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, TonyTexas said:
I like Popeye’s and hit up their Tuesday special about once a month. $1.49 for a thigh and drumstick. Last time I went, I swear one of the thighs was a back piece. That’s some shady shit.

I'll probably get banned for this but chicken thighs suck

spacer.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Eventually I will try this, what I believe, to be the most overrated sandwich in history, and, it will be at the Popeye's on University in Round Rock which so far, has been the worst Popeyes's I have ever had.

Do not have much confidence but will try it.

Why don't you just write a shitty yelp review now before you've tried it, post it over here, and get it all over with?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Why don't you just write a shitty yelp review now before you've tried it, post it over here, and get it all over with?

Said Yelp review should ignore the food altogether and instead focus almost entirely on how the napkin dispenser was out of napkins, and that sucked, but it also would have sucked if they had napkins, because the napkins Popeyes uses are too thin, and fall apart when you try to wipe your hands.  THAT'S how you write a negative Yelp review.

• Like 1

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/12/business/popeyes-chicken-sandwiches-buns-trnd/index.html

Didn't someone here already suggest this? 

(CNN)Popeyes knows you're still sad about its chicken sandwich shortage. That's why it's suggesting a quick fix to ease your chicken sandwich cravings.

Introducing BYOB: Bring Your Own Bun.
That's right. Popeyes is allowing guests to bring in their own buns, order its three-piece tenders and make their own chicken sandwiches right there on the spot.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Said Yelp review should ignore the food altogether and instead focus almost entirely on how the napkin dispenser was out of napkins, and that sucked, but it also would have sucked if they had napkins, because the napkins Popeyes uses are too thin, and fall apart when you try to wipe your hands.  THAT'S how you write a negative Yelp review.

one should never talk about the food in a fast food/chain restaurant review, unless it consistently misses the mark for the standards the fast food/chain restaurant has.  you don't need to tell me the food at taco bell is gross and inauthentic and you're only ordering it because it's the only place open at 3 am that will take three dollars and 63 cents in exchange for 5 lbs of something that soaks up alcohol.  that's what taco bell is for.  i know that.  you know that.  everyone reading the review knows that.  things i want to know about taco bell: if the drive thru usually gets the order right; if the dining room/restroom is clean(ish); if the wait is of tolerable duration.  if all those things are good then that taco bell deserves 5 stars.  same with popeyes, though lagniappe needs to be factored in there when considering drive thru accuracy. 

Edited by elfenix

17 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/12/business/popeyes-chicken-sandwiches-buns-trnd/index.html

(CNN)Popeyes knows you're still sad about its chicken sandwich shortage. That's why it's suggesting a quick fix to ease your chicken sandwich cravings.

That's right. Popeyes is allowing guests to bring in their own buns, order its three-piece tenders and make their own chicken sandwiches right there on the spot.

Man, it would be awesome if Torchy's took this approach and supported BYOT!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

What kind of ghetto nonsense is this? The real Popeyes buns were amazing 

18 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I suppose that’s better than the alternative, sticking your dick between two shovel handles.  

18 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Eventually I will try this, what I believe, to be the most overrated sandwich in history, and, it will be at the Popeye's on University in Round Rock which so far, has been the worst Popeyes's I have ever had.

Do not have much confidence but will try it.

The juxtaposition. 

Steamboat do you have dementia? You've explained no less than 3 times that the Popeye's on University in Round Rock is terrible. You're pinballing around in some bizarre fried chicken vortex of hatred.

Edited by smuggs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Steamboat do you have dementia? You've explained no less than 3 times that the Popeye's on University in Round Rock is terrible. You're pinballing around in some bizarre fried chicken vortex of hatred.

BTW, here are the first Google image results for “bizarre fried chicken vortex of hatred”

55e0b3948ac4f073e48e363a291ad1bd.jpg
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I will as soon as those dumb fuckers figure out how not to run out of chicken, you know, at a fucking chicken place. 

Oh and maybe how to purchase more buns.

Have you checked the University Boulevard location in Round Rock? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2019 at 10:45 AM, BBQ2Bayou said:

This is lazy as fuck, they cant make a fucking sandwich they pimped all over Twitter?  Fuck off

33 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

The last operational Popeyes buffet is in my wife’s hometown of Lafayette. 

Just now, Eggo said:

You better be patronizing that shit to keep it open. Don't let us down. 

One's eating obligations in the greater Lafayette area are significant.  It's more than any one man can handle.