"Miami @ Florida" thread - Official Surly Thread of WEEK 0 Dominance

immamac

4 hours ago, JBJ said:

Just noticed the Bud Lite behind him.  Now it's all I see.

I was at a media event with him at this year's SEC Media Days. It was an advance showing of clips from a show for the 150th thing they got going all season. There was an open bar, plenty of good beer, wine, etc. He had a Bud Lite in his hand, when he went to sit down. That is how I knew I was in the wrong seats(they did not do a good job of directing us to our seats), when he sat right in front of me and I saw Herschel headed my way(he had a bottle of water).

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Did Manny hire Greg Davis?

I'm not going to read 29 pages to see if I am repeating anyone, but it sure was deja vu.  Missed assignments (couldn't count how many times O linemen whiffed on their block), stupid penalties.  Missed tackles.  Classic Manny Diaz.  Not an ounce of basic fundamentals.

58 minutes ago, bullet said:

I'm not going to read 29 pages to see if I am repeating anyone, but it sure was deja vu.  Missed assignments (couldn't count how many times O linemen whiffed on their block), stupid penalties.  Missed tackles.  Classic Manny Diaz.  Not an ounce of basic fundamentals.

He's just the "turnover chain" guy. The ACC sucks so they will still end up ranked in time for their Clempson ass whooping.

1 hour ago, bullet said:

I enjoyed how many times the RB was in for protection, completely ignored the heavy pressure coming from the left side and instead backed up the right side when no help was needed.

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Is the writer of that in junior high, or was he just writing down to his target audience's level?

"The Gators opened up their season before anybody else on Saturday"

I'd cast my vote for junior high, and I'd be wrong.  High school.

Jason Kinander

Student at Saint Ignatius College Prep in Chicago, die-hard Chicago sports fan and College basketball fan.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The turnover chain needs to go away.  

I personally liked it when they recovered a fumble off a missed handoff in the first quarter. Effectively a play that they lucked into but posed with that stupid chain like they just made a 1985 Chicago Bears-esque goal line stand. 

20 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I personally liked it when they recovered a fumble off a missed handoff in the first quarter. Effectively a play that they lucked into but posed with that stupid chain like they just made a 1985 Chicago Bears-esque goal line stand. 

Lol I'm not joking they lit off fireworks in the tailgate area celebrating AT HALFTIME.