Louisiana Tech @ Texas 7 PM 8/31 on LHN

Machinator

Well it's time.....

The 2019 Seek and Destroy Tour

Longhorn style.Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!

Leave battered, broken, bloody bodies on every gridiron we encounter, leave no doubt you were there.  Leave a memory that will haunt their dreams for the rest of their days.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Fuck the LHN. When is that stupid contract with ESPN complete so we can dissolve this channel for good? 

I will have to rely on the Surly for someone to post a link to the game since the LHN is the most retarded thing our athletic department has ever done. 

A simple cable login and ESPN app gets you LHN...it’s 2019 dude, there’s literally no excuse to miss a game due to not finding a broadcast. Reddit streams will also get you anything. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Dish Network is nationwide. 

Dish network is not available where I live. Two things working against any kind of dish are my snotty neighborhood association wont allow a dish and the climate in Colorado just does not work. Everything is buried lines where I live. 

51 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

A simple cable login and ESPN app gets you LHN...it’s 2019 dude, there’s literally no excuse to miss a game due to not finding a broadcast. Reddit streams will also get you anything. 

That used to work. But if your carrier does not have LHN, the ESPN app will not work. 

Trust me, I have tried. But you guys in Texas have no idea how big a pain in the ass LHN is. 

11 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That used to work. But if your carrier does not have LHN, the ESPN app will not work. 

Trust me, I have tried. But you guys in Texas have no idea how big a pain in the ass LHN is. 

How the hell did you not look up whether or not they carried it before signing on? Or changed it by to a carrier that has it? I’m around a thousand miles from Austin and made sure they carried it before calling for set up. 

ESPN+ streaming service will start in November.  It maybe an add on to Disney+ streaming. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If we aren’t up by 3 tds in the 4th and allowing some back ups meaningful snaps. There’s gonna be some shit. 

i don't see a blowout as opening games are usually sluggish for almost every team. UT has so many new starters, so there will be an acclimation process .  LT seesm to be returning a lot of starters so they'll get the experience edge. Texas hasn't won an opener since the glorious 2016 at home OT vs. Notre Dame.  UT wins by 10. 

22 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

This honestly scares the fuck out of me. Last 2 years we were double digit favorites against Maryland and just shit the bed. 19 point favorites against Maryland in 2017 and we lost by 10. 12 point favorites against Maryland in 2018 and we lost by 5. Maybe not playing Maryland will do something to break that streak? My inner gambler is screaming LaTech +20.5 but I can't fuckin do it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

This honestly scares the fuck out of me. Last 2 years we were double digit favorites against Maryland and just shit the bed. 19 point favorites against Maryland in 2017 and we lost by 10. 12 point favorites against Maryland in 2018 and we lost by 5. Maybe not playing Maryland will do something to break that streak? My inner gambler is screaming LaTech +20.5 but I can't fuckin do it

Need some orange slices?

32 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

How the hell did you not look up whether or not they carried it before signing on? Or changed it by to a carrier that has it? I’m around a thousand miles from Austin and made sure they carried it before calling for set up. 

ESPN+ streaming service will start in November.  It maybe an add on to Disney+ streaming. 

Look, I don’t know how many different ways there is to say the major carriers available to many people outside of Texas do not have this channel. Comcast is my option. 

That being said, that link provided earlier steamed to my Apple TV is nails. I’ve been watching the channel already today. 

45 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Dish network is not available where I live. Two things working against any kind of dish are my snotty neighborhood association wont allow a dish and the climate in Colorado just does not work. Everything is buried lines where I live. 

Can't speak to the climate, but federal law (Telecommunications Act of 1996) prevents HOAs from prohibiting satellite TV dishes.  I freaking love LHN.  I get to see tons of baseball, basketball, whatever sports I'd never get to see.  Plus lots of cool stuff like All Access.  IMHO the LHN is one of the best things to happen for Texas sports fans in my lifetime.  I don't get the animosity for it.

• Like 6

Just now, Hairy Biped said:

Can't speak to the climate, but federal law (Telecommunications Act of 1996) prevents HOAs from prohibiting satellite TV dishes.  I freaking love LHN.  I get to see tons of baseball, basketball, whatever sports I'd never get to see.  Plus lots of cool stuff like All Access.  IMHO the LHN is one of the best things to happen for Texas sports fans in my lifetime.  I don't get the animosity for it.

The animosity only stems from taking 2-3 games a year and making it unavailable for a lot of people to see. 

4 hours ago, hornian said:

Subscribe to PSVue and stream it there. 

You're welcome. 

This is the answer. For those who don’t want to lie, cheat, or steal (versus aggy who loves unfulfilled lip service to the concept) but wish to stream the ‘Horns, PS Vue is the answer. Double check what they offer you, but the core package should be $55/month, free for 5 day trial. It should have both LHN (LaTech) and CBS Sports net (Rice). Cut your cable and use ps vue instead for the fall. If you can’t afford $55/month from late August through early January, you may not be cut out to be a Surl whale.

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Huckleberry, when can we expect the first score prediction game thread?

That’s do this motherfuckers. Time to skullfuck some trashy coonasses.

Holding out on very slight chance of it being automated. I usually put them up on Tuesdays and that's the target for this week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Xian said:

Sooo guess I’m a jaded after these last few years but a combination of all their seniors plus how close they played LSU last year has me worried. 

I am with you. This game worries me more than it should. I was not worried against Maryland last year, because no way in hell would Herman let it happen again after his first year against Maryland. But he did. So now I am forced to worry about a game with frickin LA. Tech.

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Too late.  I watched the game last night on a Reddit stream. 

I think they are worried next weekend they will have mass reporting from a variety of providers. Not a ton of games yesterday to report, but next weekend is something else entirely. They have already lost several other streaming Reddit’s, so at least they are being proactive.

Yes $15 million per year is stupid. Fuck our athletic department for negotiating a contract that makes a bucket load of money just because you’re the one person that can’t figure out how to get the LHN.
So what are you saying? Dont be poor?

Yea, don't be poor and buy tv that has lhn. Its simple.

So I guess I'm going to have a hard time finding a place to watch the game in Scottsdale. Anyone out there in the phoenix area know of a place it might be on? I could talk the wife into watching it at a bar, but I don't think I can talk her into sitting in a hotel room while I watch it on my tablet. 

Stream it on your phone to your tv. I've been doing this for 5 years at my deer lease. It's always been a little jumpy but who cares. Its texas football.

38 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

So I guess I'm going to have a hard time finding a place to watch the game in Scottsdale. Anyone out there in the phoenix area know of a place it might be on? I could talk the wife into watching it at a bar, but I don't think I can talk her into sitting in a hotel room while I watch it on my tablet. 

There has got to be a Phoenix /Scottsdale Texas Exes group with a game watch at some bar. 

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yes $15 million per year is stupid. Fuck our athletic department for negotiating a contract that makes a bucket load of money just because you’re the one person that can’t figure out how to get the LHN.

No shit. And I get to watch a shit ton of baseball content (though that was less good of a thing the second half of last season).

Anyway we on Surly will do all we can to help you non-LHN people so long as you are not a whiny bitch.

Edited by Valmy77

52 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

13 minutes ago, TornACL said:

There has got to be a Phoenix /Scottsdale Texas Exes group with a game watch at some bar. 

Yes. there is a very active Phoenix Texas Exes chapter that's likely only gotten larger since i was last a part of it 10 years ago. 

Looks like they'll be screening the game at The Thirsty Lion in Tempe. Those things always got super packed, especially for an early evening game, so I'd get there early.

Edited by Bottlecap

6 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

well 99.997% of the people on this planet dont live in Texas so.

Google says its actually closer to 99.632%

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

1) why the fuck does anyone live outside of texas?

2) on the internet, IF YOU ACTUALLY SEARCH, you can stream anything

3) see #1

There's enough people here already and I'm ok with everyone else living on the outside.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Yes. there is a very active Phoenix Texas Exes chapter that's likely only gotten larger since i was last a part of it 10 years ago. 

Looks like they'll be screening the game at The Thirsty Lion in Tempe. Those things always got super packed, especially for an early evening game, so I'd get there early.

Thanks for the info. We'll definitely head over early. 

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured and unpinned this topic