Louisiana Tech @ Texas 7 PM 8/31 on LHN

Machinator

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well it's time.....

The 2019 Seek and Destroy Tour

Longhorn style.Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!

Leave battered, broken, bloody bodies on every gridiron we encounter, leave no doubt you were there.  Leave a memory that will haunt their dreams for the rest of their days.

This! Sam and company are going to roll up like a pack of wild fuck lions and wreck shop on Louisiana Tech.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hairy Biped said:

Can't speak to the climate, but federal law (Telecommunications Act of 1996) prevents HOAs from prohibiting satellite TV dishes.  I freaking love LHN.  I get to see tons of baseball, basketball, whatever sports I'd never get to see.  Plus lots of cool stuff like All Access.  IMHO the LHN is one of the best things to happen for Texas sports fans in my lifetime.  I don't get the animosity for it.

This.

15 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Me and Mrs. MM are making the road trip from Florida to watch the game. Our first in DKR, pretty stoked to see it. Rulz and shit

15 hours ago, Machinator said:

Damn. That is a tempting betting lien considering how Herman has performed as a favorite, but I don’t know about betting against my own team.

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Don't do it. This is going to be an ass-beating. 

Well, now I’m convinced.

IT with a "functional" depth chart:

Who knows how the staff will write the depth chart up, but here's how we see it functionally.

QB: Sam Ehlinger, Casey Thompson, Sam Saxton

RB: Keaontay Ingram, Jordan Whittington, Roschon Johnson

*Daniel Young is most likely out

LT: Sam Cosmi, Denzel Okafor
LG: Parker Braun, Junior Angilau
C: Zach Shackelford, Derek Kerstetter
RG: Derek Kerstetter, Junior Angilau
RT: Denzel Okafor, Derek Kerstetter OR Christian Jones

*I'm sure we'll see some other names, but expect reshuffling rather than plug-and-play unless it's Angilau going in directly for Braun or Kerstetter.

XWR: Collin Johnson, Malcolm Epps
HWR: Devin Duvernay, Jake Smith
ZWR: Brennan Eagles, John Burt

*We could see some ORs but this should be the first six.

YTE: Cade Brewer, Reese Leitao

*I think Brewer will be good to go.

DE: Ta'Quon Graham, T'Vondre Sweat (strong-side - 3-tech or 4i)
NT: Keondre Coburn, Gerald Wilbon
DE: Malcolm Roach, Marqez Bimage OR Jacoby Jones (weak-side - 4i or 5-tech)

*There could be some ORs here to get some guys listed who will surely contribute.

BLB: Joseph Ossai, Byron Vaughns
RLB: Jeffrey McCulloch, Caleb Johnson
MLB: Dele Adeoye, Juwan Mitchell

*Juwan Mitchell is the first LB if one of McCulloch or Adeoye go down. I still think Ossai is the Rover in dime.

NS: BJ Foster, Josh Thompson
FS: Brandon Jones, Montrell Estell

*If Brandon were to be hurt I don't think Estell would get the nod. You'd likely see a reshuffling of Sterns to field and Brown to boundary.

BS: Caden Sterns, Chris Brown

Joker: Chris Brown, De'Marvion Overshown

*Brown has been getting most of the first team reps at Joker when in dime.

FCB: Kobe Boyce, D'shawn Jamison

*La Tech has some receivers so this isn't an easy game for the corners. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Cook when he returns in the 2nd half from suspension.

BCB: Jalen Green, Anthony Cook

Punt Return: Jake Smith, D'shawn Jamison

Kick Return: Devin Duvernay, D'shawn Jamison

Punter: Ryan Bujcevski

Kicker: Cameron Dicker

This week the team return to its regular schedule: Tuesday is full pads, Wednesday is thud, Thursday is shell, Friday is walk through, Saturday is go time.

We haven't seen a Texas team blow anyone out in a long time.   And our opponent isn't bad.  I would be all over La Tech +20.5 until proven otherwise.  I mean even if we are actually up 3 or more scores in the 4th we really need to develop depth (something we really couldn't do at all last season) so wouldn't be surprised at a late cover.

It is that glorious time of the year again. It officially week one, everything is right with the world. No losses, no crappy coaching, no going into a shell and expectations are raised. Great things can once again happen. The only thing that gets better than this time of year is beating OU, winning one of the big five bowl games, winning a conference championship and winning the NC. I am going to take it in since I am getting older and I have fewer of these first week of a season left in me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mudcat35 said:

I won't be in the stands for either the La Tech or LSU games.  I cheaped out and only bought a mini-plan, don't get to attend until OSU.  Really wanted to see the opener, but I think LHN can help me out with that.

dude. stubhub is your friend. if i don't get a tickets from a friend, i go to the stadium and enjoy all the pregame festivities and buy tickets within the last hour from stubhub as the prices go down. better than buying any plan.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, po elvis said:

dude. stubhub is your friend. if i don't get a tickets from a friend, i go to the stadium and enjoy all the pregame festivities and buy tickets within the last hour from stubhub as the prices go down. better than buying any plan.

shit right now stubhub is showing at least 325 just to get in the door.  I wonder how low they might go outside the stadium prior to kickoff.

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

I'm still astonished that there are people out there who, after all these years, still can't figure out a way to get their eyeballs on LHN during a game. 

As mentioned previously, we who are Horns baseball fans cannot get enough of it. I just hope we get a better product to watch this year.

I watched the Hawaii Bowl (dad is a UH alum).  La. Tech QB Smith mostly just dumped a bunch of short passes that created YAC opportunities against a slow and undersized Hawaii secondary.  Had a screen pass and a hitch turn into 50+ yard plays just like that.  One completed deep ball.  Those 2 plays were 40% of their yardage from 2 of the 31 pass attempts.  Their pass rush looked pretty good but I think most of them are gone after last year.

18 hours ago, Hairy Biped said:

Can't speak to the climate, but federal law (Telecommunications Act of 1996) prevents HOAs from prohibiting satellite TV dishes.  I freaking love LHN.  I get to see tons of baseball, basketball, whatever sports I'd never get to see.  Plus lots of cool stuff like All Access.  IMHO the LHN is one of the best things to happen for Texas sports fans in my lifetime.  I don't get the animosity for it.

I can kind of understand the animosity, since I just dumped Dish network for Youtube TV to save over a grand a year (I'm not a Surly whale) for TV that nobody in my house watches.  I will miss All Access, baseball and post Shaka basketball but it wasn't worth the money.  I waited quite a while to cut the cord, but I am betting that LHN will be available to everyone by streaming soon.

TL;DR - LHN is awesome, but if you don't have a way to access it, it can really piss you off.

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

3I watched the Hawaii Bowl (dad is a UH alum).  La. Tech QB Smith mostly just dumped a bunch of short passes that created YAC opportunities against a slow and undersized Hawaii secondary.  Had a screen pass and a hitch turn into 50+ yard plays just like that.  One completed deep ball.  Those 2 plays were 40% of their yardage from 2 of the 31 pass attempts.  Their pass rush looked pretty good but I think most of them are gone after last year.

Funny, I had a post earlier about this that never made it.  I dunno man, that bowl game has me worried.  My impression was that LaTech manhandled UH in that game, although their best pass rusher did go 3rd round in the draft .  As I recall, he was in the UH backfield quite a bit.  Coupled with basically the same UH team (at least offensive skill players) beating Arizona a couple days ago makes me feel like we should be a little concerned.  I know the transivite property doesn't apply, but at the time of the bowl game, I thought LaTech was head and shoulders better than Tulsa and probably better than Maryland.  Of course, we're a lot better than the team that lost to Maryland and damn near crapped the bed vs Tulsa. But still, assuming a blowout seems like a bad idea.  I hope I'm proven wrong.

17 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Funny, I had a post earlier about this that never made it.  I dunno man, that bowl game has me worried.  My impression was that LaTech manhandled UH in that game, although their best pass rusher did go 3rd round in the draft .  As I recall, he was in the UH backfield quite a bit.  Coupled with basically the same UH team (at least offensive skill players) beating Arizona a couple days ago makes me feel like we should be a little concerned.  I know the transivite property doesn't apply, but at the time of the bowl game, I thought LaTech was head and shoulders better than Tulsa and probably better than Maryland.  Of course, we're a lot better than the team that lost to Maryland and damn near crapped the bed vs Tulsa. But still, assuming a blowout seems like a bad idea.  I hope I'm proven wrong.

Sir, i think your daily concentration of koolaid is low.  Let me pour you another dose.

18 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Hawaii was badly over matched in the speed department.  With the large local Polynesian population they are sitting on a gold mine of interior linemen, ILBs, FBs and blocking TEs.  For positions that require speed they usually recruit 4th tier players from Cali.  Notice how many of their receivers have good hands and quickness but they're not that fast and tend to go 5'8"-5'10" and 170 or so.

Against Arizona the defense had trouble with outside zone and an athletic QB.  La Tech did the same thing, just using speed to beat the defense to the edge or to split defenders.  The Bulldog defense used their speed advantage to penetrate gaps and bring an outside pass rush against powerful but slow UH OTs.  La Tech won't have a speed advantage at many positions against Texas.

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured and unpinned this topic