Louisiana Tech @ Texas 7 PM 8/31 on LHN

Machinator

4 hours ago, TornACL said:

<I'm still astonished that there are people out there who, after all these years, still can't figure out a way to get their eyeballs on LHN during a game. >

Yeah, I know.  I play music on the side and took a gig for that night.  My fault.

4 hours ago, TornACL said:

On 8/25/2019 at 9:49 PM, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

So I guess I'm going to have a hard time finding a place to watch the game in Scottsdale. Anyone out there in the phoenix area know of a place it might be on? I could talk the wife into watching it at a bar, but I don't think I can talk her into sitting in a hotel room while I watch it on my tablet. 

10 hours ago, bigcigar said:

AT&T Tv now has a free 7 day trial with LHN. 

20 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Jesus H Christ pay a little more money and get the "sports" package on whatever system you have.

Most of them include LHN no matter where you live.

This was meant to be a PSA for posts like the one above (geographic restrictions), but maybe some of us don’t have “systems” that we can add “sports” packages to. Further, it’s simply not rational to buy a tv package with a sports package for 2 games when you don’t expect to use the service for anything else.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, bigcigar said:

This was meant to be a PSA for posts like the one above (geographic restrictions), but maybe some of us don’t have “systems” that we can add “sports” packages to. Further, it’s simply not rational to buy a tv package with a sports package for 2 games when you don’t expect to use the service for anything else.

Poors got feelings too, you know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

2 games? U dont watch baseball or basketball on lhn?

9 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Saying that the LHN is only good for 2 games is absurd.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 8:48 PM, Sgt Hulk said:

If we aren’t up by 3 tds in the 4th and allowing some back ups meaningful snaps. There’s gonna be some shit. 

Surely you know someone in Texas that will let you use their login. I've had LHN for 6 years in NY through AppleTV/Firestick. The only pain is that the stream is about a minute behind the live action.

I'll be in Paris, where I can't use the ESPN app, so hopefully the Reddit stream works.

30 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

giphy.webp

• Like 1

We have a lot of football-only fans

Raises hand.

I don’t watch any baseball, basketball, golf, softball, etc (college or pro). But I still love the LHN. I switched to xfinity, but was about o switch back to uverse, mostly for LHN and quality of internet, but I got a login from my Pops and just watch LHN on my phone.

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Ive seen some 9.95ers allude that RJ has been less than impressive as a 3rd team RB. 

I imagine most of our RB3 options our less than impressive at this point. At least he's a great athlete who has shown in he can run out of the backfield in some form or fashion.

4 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Ive seen some all of the 9.95ers allude that RJ has been less than impressive as a 3rd team QB. 

fify (I'm assuming this is what you meant). He's having to retool his whole throwing motion, which isn't a quick process.

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

fify (I'm assuming this is what you meant). He's having to retool his whole throwing motion, which isn't a quick process.

No, I meant as a third team RB. He rushed for a lot of yardage in HS, but hasn’t impressed in his emergency role as a RB. I don’t know if that’s when compared to other actual RB’s or with the filter of a QB taking reps at RB. 

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I imagine most of our RB3 options our less than impressive at this point. At least he's a great athlete who has shown in he can run out of the backfield in some form or fashion.

I understand the logic of moving him. That observation wasn’t given with any color to expound upon what’s not impressive about him. Just a stand alone comment that caught my eye and I shared. 

1 hour ago, bigcigar said:

I suggest you quit being such a gigantic pussy.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He has size too. 6'2 220. 

Jarrett Smith is 200 pounds, Watkins is 160, and Jake Smith is 200. Roschon at least has the frame to go find a body and hit somebody as a lead blocker for Ehlinger. 

It doesn't really matter if our opening opponent is better or worse. The Texas Longhorns should be a better football team. That should make all the difference.

We entered the last two seasons with gaping flaws. During the season, those flaws were fixed or worked around (largely worked around). We tried to scheme around an OL that could probably run block, but couldn't pass protect.

This time last season, the QB1 battle was still hotly debated.

We, of course, haven't proven anything yet. Just because the OL should be better doesn't mean it will be. These things are only judged when an angry defense pounds on it. We're replacing errbody on the defense, and they should be stronger and faster. That's no guarantee that they won't still turn in circles like they were trained by Tudor Electric Football as we've seen in the previous openers.

If these things are fixed, then I can look forward to a season fighting for hardware at the end. If they aren't, it will be just another "nice" season of watching football.

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured and unpinned this topic