Home Printers: Epson Ecotank

Last time I bought a printer, I went to costco.  I looked at all the printers and made note of the cartridges that they used.  Then, I walked over to the photo section, and handed them the list, and said "which of these cartridges do you refill here?".  Then I bought that printer.

Meanwhile, a guy in my office has an ecotank, and he's a huge believer 

On 8/26/2019 at 11:29 AM, kevwun said:

I would go with a Brother color laser instead.  They are very solid and the toner seems to be cheaper than other brands.  The scanning software is also very easy to use.  If you do not print regularly, ink will cause you grief.

This. Or any other brand small laser.  Hell, even if you don't want color, a b/w laser is a much better proposition than an inkjet, even with a hog-trough tank.

Laser's can't do photo reproduction; I get that.  But it's cheaper to send the pics to Walgreens or someplace and get digital prints vs the care and feeding of a ink based color or photo printer.  Source:  The Epson Pixma Pro 100 photo printer in my upstairs office at home that's rarely used.

All of you that just scan a handful of pages a month need to download the GeniusScan app on your phone, which creates PDFs that you email yourself for free. 

Then, buy the Brother color laser printer mentioned above for $180 on amazon and be done with it. Oh and have Walmart or similar print your high quality photos, also as mentioned above. 

18 minutes ago, Born a Longhorn said:

All of you that just scan a handful of pages a month need to download the GeniusScan app on your phone, which creates PDFs that you email yourself for free. 

Then, buy the Brother color laser printer mentioned above for $180 on amazon and be done with it. Oh and have Walmart or similar print your high quality photos, also as mentioned above. 

google drive has scanning built in if you're on android.

• 5 months later...

bump

i need a laser printer that connects to multiple laptops via wireless usb WITHOUT using a wifi network.

you know how your wireless mouse has a flat dongle that plugs in to a USB port that sends/receives the signal which is powered by a battery in the mouse itself?

i need a printer that comms the same way.  with no wifi.  pm if you absolutely have to know why i have the no-wifi constraint.

is there such a laser printer now, here in the year 2020 that will do this ??

bump
i need a laser printer that connects to multiple laptops via wireless usb WITHOUT using a wifi network.
you know how your wireless mouse has a flat dongle that plugs in to a USB port that sends/receives the signal which is powered by a battery in the mouse itself?
i need a printer that comms the same way.  with no wifi.  pm if you absolutely have to know why i have the no-wifi constraint.
is there such a laser printer now, here in the year 2020 that will do this ??

Look for AirPrint or Bluetooth printers. Here’s one.

Canon TS5120 Wireless All-In-One Printer with Scanner and Copier: Mobile and Tablet Printing, with Airprint™ and Google Cloud Print compatible, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074VGYJWN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WT5oEbSS9JB1K