Good Eats: The Return

Braff Zacklin

So this dropped on YouTube the other day. Apparently, AB and Food Network are going to crank out two episodes a week, and they will air Sunday evenings at 9 and 9:30 Central.

Easily my favorite cooking show of all time. Doubt we see Algernop Kreiger reprise his role as The Dungeon Master, though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Didn't this happen a year ago? Was the first episode about steak? Was it mostly a rebroadcast of an old episode? Or is this the first completely new Good Eats program?

He did Good Eats: Reloaded last year. It was basically an old episode that he would pop in and voice over a tweak to prior recipe. It was an appetizer (pun intended) to the new Good Eats episodes coming out now. He does make things complicated sometimes, but every recipe of his that I have tried has come out pretty awesome. I am in for the new show.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I like Alton Brown, but that guy could find a way to make boiling water a 10-step process.

Well, first you have to determine what altitude you are at, then you have to determine not only why you should boil the water, but how the actual thermodynamics of boiling work.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Well, first you have to determine what altitude you are at, then you have to determine not only why you should boil the water, but how the actual thermodynamics of boiling work.

I have some sock puppets, styrofoam balls and a few pipe cleaners to walk you through the process. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, kevwun said:

He can over complicate things, but his gumbo and red beans recipes are great and I still use them all the time.  His eggnog is also amazing.

his techniques are fantastic

his recipes are batshit insane sometimes - preserved lemons and brown shugar in your shakshuka? raisins in your pot roast?