Tucson Hotel recs

Sbbruin

Arizona Inn is the classic, timeless old school Tucson option that I highly recommend. Great rooms and restaurant and it's right near campus.

Tucson does actually have a light rail so you can stay at any of the hotels downtown like Hotel Congress and ride in to campus.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, deac_tracy said:

Arizona Inn is the classic, timeless old school Tucson option that I highly recommend. Great rooms and restaurant and it's right near campus.

Tucson does actually have a light rail so you can stay at any of the hotels downtown like Hotel Congress and ride in to campus.

Doesn’t look like the Arizona has any rooms that aren’t just one king bed.  The boy is adamant, at 16, we have separate beds.

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Doesn’t look like the Arizona has any rooms that aren’t just one king bed.  The boy is adamant, at 16, we have separate beds.

That's too bad. One option that's not super close to campus but it's still less than 30 minutes is to stay at one of the hotels in the Catalina Foothills. The one I recommend is Loews Ventana Canyon but there are a lot of great options. If you go to Loew's definitely do their Sunday brunch. One of the best spreads I've ever seen at a hotel.

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

Nothing for air bnb or vrbo?

Kinda feel like the convenience and pampering of a hotel.  Debating on doing Friday night in Phoenix and Saturday in Tucson.  I hate not knowing kickoff times well in advance.  It makes planning these things a pain in the ass.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Kinda feel like the convenience and pampering of a hotel.  Debating on doing Friday night in Phoenix and Saturday in Tucson.  I hate not knowing kickoff times well in advance.  It makes planning these things a pain in the ass.

Ventana Canyon then.  Bring your sticks.  Let me know if you do Friday in Phoenix.

12 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Ventana Canyon then.  Bring your sticks.  Let me know if you do Friday in Phoenix.

What will traffic be like driving from Phoenix to Tucson around 3:30-4p on a Friday?  My preference would be to get down there Friday so we have all day Saturday to do stuff and the game.

58 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

What will traffic be like driving from Phoenix to Tucson around 3:30-4p on a Friday?  My preference would be to get down there Friday so we have all day Saturday to do stuff and the game.

If you are driving straight through, I'd avoid Phoenix altogether and cut over on SR 85 (west of Phoenix) then south to the 8 and then over to the 10.

spacer.png

If you are flying into Sky Harbor and then heading south, think of the  80% of the 405 at that time of day.

On 8/27/2019 at 11:00 AM, Sbbruin said:

Debating on doing Friday night in Phoenix and Saturday in Tucson.  I hate not knowing kickoff times well in advance.  It makes planning these things a pain in the ass.

It's a schedule for human beings...

Edited by orange dream