NCAA Week 1

BigOrange1

I'm so happy this thread is back. I love you all.

A lot of interesting first week road tests out there. Wondering if there is some value in any of these, they would scare me to death if I was a fan. I don't see Wisconsin or Ok State losing that first game, but Nevada/Wyoming could make for interesting ML fliers.

Wisconsin -13 at South Florida
Purdue -10.5 at Nevada
Missouri -17.5 at Wyoming
Ok State -14.5 at Oregon State

• Like 1

I'm going to miss Urban's 80%-ish ATS clip with a week+ to prepare for a team.  I'll offer up Fuente going 7-0 ats in true road openers. His teams have covered those seven by an average of 19.5 points.

And if you geek out on this stuff overall another good read from David Purdhum w/ ESPN Chalk.  The guy does solid work.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/27435784/betting-september-bookmakers-most-profitable-football-month

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TornACL said:

I'm so happy this thread is back. I love you all.

A lot of interesting first week road tests out there. Wondering if there is some value in any of these, they would scare me to death if I was a fan. I don't see Wisconsin or Ok State losing that first game, but Nevada/Wyoming could make for interesting ML fliers.

Wisconsin -13 at South Florida
Purdue -10.5 at Nevada
Missouri -17.5 at Wyoming
Ok State -14.5 at Oregon State

+rep for typing out both teams instead of "Wisc -13 ; OKSt -14.5" etc.  

Can we all be proper gents and do that? 

17 minutes ago, SDG said:

I like UCLA and Utah to cover but isn’t GT gonna try to limit Clemson’s possessions?

I'm sure they will try. I have a feeling there will be some defensive scores in this game for Clemson. And when they have it on offense, some quick strikes. No more triple option for GT

23 hours ago, chitwood said:

Wow. Betting on Strong. I couldn’t do it. 

USF has a new offensive coordinator...  Kerwin Bell.   Known for explosive offense, we will see if his scheme works in FBS... it's worked really well everywhere else.   So some unknowns in the opener.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

My Thursday/Fri Parlay:

Clemson 1H -23.5

aggy 1H -20.5

Utah 1H -3.5

Army 1H -12 

The clemson game i'm iffy on for the first half. Actually thinking of going under since GT puts in a new offensive system and debo doesn't seem to run it up much. Then again it's clemson so they might jump out like Alabama did last year in 1H and cover most of the year.

Kent state v arizona state 1H  - Kent State 1H cover (+14) ; but that total points under looks interesting for the game. Kent state has loads of upperclassman on D but they sucked last year. Kent state has loads of upperclassman on Offense and they were moderately better. AZ State starts a true freshman at QB.

Aggy game total over (56.5). Think Aggy comes out shooting to ride the roller coaster.

not touching UTAH cause rivalry reasons.

23 hours ago, Machinator said:

Bama 1H is usually a good bet. The Tide are breaking in two freshman ILBs and have to deal with 4 suspended players, though.

True but it is duke. The suspended guys are back for the second half so I’m guessing they won’t let up like they did last year. 

This thread sure is chalky.

I have talked myself into Ole Miss +5.5. Memphis has to replace those NFL running backs, the games at Memphis but Ole Miss will have tons of fans in the house. I think Ole Miss and dickhead RichRod will have enough to win a shootout.

Funny, I was looking at that Utah state. The utah Oline is young w/o experience, the receivers are new but seem good and the qb Is a bad ass. Anderson's second go around so... dunno. The Utah defense looks ok, while WF DEFENSE is all freshman on the dline interior. So looks like both teams strength play against each other, and their weak parts do as well. I’m expecting low scoring.