Boy, 8, wrecks mum's car after joyriding it down motorway at 112mph (again)

clapclapclap

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boy-8-wrecks-mums-car-18995393

...An eight-year-old boy took his mum's car on a 87mph (140kmph) joyride on a German motorway before being found by police.

The youngster was discovered parked at a motorway services station on the A44 near the city of Soest, North Rhine-Westphalia, in the early hours of Friday.

His alarmed parents contacted police at 12.25am and told them that he had taken their VW Golf, which had automatic transmission, from their home.

Stunned motorist also reported the incident to police after witnessing the boy driving on the road.

After coming to a halt, the parked the car and turned on the hazard lights and set up a warning triangle.

Police say he told them that "he just wanted to drive a little bit and do hoodrat stuff with his friends" and had decided to pull in as he had become intimidated by the motorway.

According to his mother the boy is an avid car enthusiast and drives karts and bumper cars.

Officers say that no damage was done to property during the joyride, but say the mum's car was badly damaged.

The boy is now being examined by psychological professionals and reportedly pulled a similar stunt just days before.

Last month, four children stole a family's ca r and took it on a 600-mile road trip across the Australian outback before they were finally tracked down by police.

One of the kids left a goodbye note for his family before the group set off on a 24-hour joyride that spanned two states and sparked a public appeal from police.

---------

(Yes there is a mathz discrepancy, I don't write the headlines or the articles.  I write the songs.)

Edited by clapclapclap
Once again, Golf takes priority over the show

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boy-8-wrecks-mums-car-18995393

...An eight-year-old boy took his mum's car on a 87mph (140kmph) joyride on a German motorway before being found by police.

The youngster was discovered parked at a motorway services station on the A44 near the city of Soest, North Rhine-Westphalia, in the early hours of Friday.

His alarmed parents contacted police at 12.25am and told them that he had taken their VW Golf, which had automatic transmission, from their home.

Stunned motorist also reported the incident to police after witnessing the boy driving on the road.

After coming to a halt, the parked the car and turned on the hazard lights and set up a warning triangle.

Police say he told them that "he just wanted to drive a little bit and do hoodrat stuff with his friends" and had decided to pull in as he had become intimidated by the motorway.

According to his mother the boy is an avid car enthusiast and drives karts and bumper cars.

Officers say that no damage was done to property during the joyride, but say the mum's car was badly damaged.

The boy is now being examined by psychological professionals and reportedly pulled a similar stunt just days before.

Last month, four children stole a family's ca r and took it on a 600-mile road trip across the Australian outback before they were finally tracked down by police.

One of the kids left a goodbye note for his family before the group set off on a 24-hour joyride that spanned two states and sparked a public appeal from police.

---------

(Yes there is a mathz discrepancy, I don't write the headlines or the articles.  I write the songs.)

I'm really annoyed that the bolded portion was not actually quoted in the article. 

This reminds me of one of the funniest random things I ever saw on my street growing up. Looked out the front door window and saw a suburban or SUV coasting down the street, grinning kid around 10 behind the wheel, and an extremely panicked mother running along side the car in the street, pounding on the driver's side window and pleading with her son to stop.  He actually stopped at the stop sign at the end of the street.

6 hours ago, Zombie said:

Why the hell didn't the parents hide the keys if he did the same thing days before?

Are you trying to tell me that your parents successfully hid something from you that you really wanted to find?  Do you really believe that your kids don't know where you hide the "good stuff"?  My brothers and I could find whatever we were looking for, even if they put it in a lockbox in a safe in Fort Knox.  And my kids were more talented than we were.