St. Louis - Lots of Murder

Neonmoon

Over a dozen kids killed in St. Louis since April. Appears to be gang violence 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/08/26/so-many-children-have-been-killed-st-louis-that-police-are-offering-cash-solve-cases/

St. Louis’s fatal child shootings started in April. With mounting unsolved cases and waning investigations, authorities on Saturday announced $100,000 in rewards for information leading to arrests of those responsible for the most recent deaths.

The killings began earlier in the year with a 2-year-old and his mother fatally shot in their home. Weeks later, gunfire killed a 3-year-old standing on her neighborhood sidewalk. Then, a 10-year-old was shot dead on his porch.

The death toll ramped up as summer began. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, at least a dozen children have been fatally shot in the city since April.

Earlier this month, Xavier Usanga, 7, days away from beginning second grade, was shot and killed, and Jurnee Thompson, 8, was fatally shot Friday night after attending a high school’s football jamboree with her family.

Thompson’s death prompted action from Mayor Lyda Krewson. On Saturday, she announced $25,000 for leads to help find the child’s killer.

Rewards also were offered in the cases of Kayden Johnson, 2; Kennedi Powell, 3; and Eddie Hill, 8, all of whom were killed between April and July, St. Louis Metropolitan Police Chief John W. Hayden Jr. said. The money — totaling $100,000 — will be available until Sept 1.

[Homicide database: Mapping unsolved murders in major U.S. cities]

FBI statistics rank St. Louis among the most violent U.S. cities; it has maintained one of the highest homicide rates in the nation for several years. In 2018, St. Louis recorded 186 killings. As of Sunday, the city’s total for 2019 was 128.

According to a Washington Post analysis of homicide arrest data, of the 1,677 homicides in St. Louis from 2007 to 2017, 54 percent did not result in an arrest.

“We need information from the public to help us bring these shooters to justice,” Krewson said at Saturday’s news conference. “We are all at risk if these suspects remain on the street.”

But instead of tips, over the weekend the police department received word of new child deaths by gun violence

3 minutes ago, huge said:

Murdered children is maybe the worst thing I can think of.

Used to be off limits.  Remember it happening in Chicago a couple of years ago (rival gang lured a member's son into an alley and shot him) and everyone was shocked that it happened.  https://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/us/chicago-tyshawn-lee-shooting/index.html

I pray this isn't US gangs wanting to start moving towards cartel type tactics.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

No, weird means you seem obsessed with the fact that I pointed out the statistical oddity in St. Louis' murder statistics.

No, just somehow managed to live damn near 50 years of my life without any issues except for the 4 years I spent there.  Multiple encounters, multiple times, good parts of the city and bad.  Some of the most racial mfers (black and white) I've ever encountered (having lived in Louisiana, that's saying a lot).  I'm sure there are people that live a lovely life there, but lets not pretend it's a safe place to live or call it a "statistical oddity".  It's a piece of shit, it's shit.

Yeah, you're the guy who gets arrested multiple times and wonders why cops hate him.  Look, we've been through this -- it's a fairly typical rust-belt city with similar violent crime statistics to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and well behind Memphis, New Orleans, Baltimore.  I'm not saying it's fucking Nirvana.  Let's face it, though, you are a big part of your own problem there.

Whatever, dude.  You should let it go.  I'm sorry you got the shit beat out of you.

I'm the problem in a world where the only times I was assaulted were both within 1 specific area(STL) that I was living/working in.  Somehow I've been so fortunate that the rest of the world has tolerated me.

I also got food poisoning there once.  Only time in my life.  Guess I should blame that on STL too huh?

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

it's a fairly typical rust-belt city with similar violent crime statistics to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and well behind Memphis, New Orleans, Baltimore. 

I don't have a horse in this race but that isn't a good defense of any city. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't have a horse in this race but that isn't a good defense of any city. 

It is when the argument is that it's way worse than any other city in the country.

At any rate, my point is that mullet seemingly carries this retarded grudge with me wherever he goes.  He brings this shit up every time -- it ain't me.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:22 PM, mulletpelini said:

No, just somehow managed to live damn near 50 years of my life without any issues except for the 4 years I spent there.  Multiple encounters, multiple times, good parts of the city and bad.  Some of the most racial mfers (black and white) I've ever encountered (having lived in Louisiana, that's saying a lot).  I'm sure there are people that live a lovely life there, but lets not pretend it's a safe place to live or call it a "statistical oddity".  It's a piece of shit, it's shit.

St. Lou was shit 65 years ago. Moving to Taipei (then a 3rd world shithole) was an improvement.