Just Finished Taxi

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Unpopular opinion but Andy Kaufman sucked and Latka was a worse character than the young couple on the early seasons of Taxi. 

I won’t fight you on that, Latka (and Kaufman) could be annoying as hell, he even hated the character. It was amusing when he first appeared on talk shows as what would become known as Latka, and did the shitty impressions, then did a reasonably decent Elvis, but how many times can you do that before the bit is spoiled? Being an asshole is a bold choice as a comedian, but Kaufman owned it. But don’t be surprised if a lot of people are turned off. Like the cast of Fridays.

4 hours ago, wood said:

Do you mean without Phil Hartman?

News Radio was fantastic.

It's hard to replace a legend like Hartman but I think Lovitz did just fine. Overall, NewsRadio was not better sans Hartman but it was still awfully good.  (I happen to love Lovitz, though.)

22 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Nah.  He sucked.  

Nah he didn't. Kaufmann characters could get tedious for sure, and Latka had his moments of suck and boring, but the whole schtick Kaufman did outweighs Latkas  occasional weak moments IMO.    I also had a (sorta WTF crush) thing for that chick who was his girlfriend.

I remember seeing him the first time on SNL, and wondered who the hell this weirdo was. He had us all rolling in stitches 

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Nah he didn't. Kaufmann characters could get tedious for sure, and Latka had his moments of suck and boring, but the whole schtick Kaufman did outweighs Latkas  occasional weak moments IMO.    I also had a (sorta WTF crush) thing for that chick who was his girlfriend.

I remember seeing him the first time on SNL, and wondered who the hell this weirdo was. He had us all rolling in stitches 

His girlfriend's voice reminded me of Edith's in All In The Family. Nails on a chalkboard.

Also, what happened to the character in season 1 named John (I think?). There was an early episode where he had zero luck with woman then someone said use the marriage line on this woman and it worked and they got married right away. Kind of an odd little storyline. Not sure if the actor quit the show and they did away with him because they had no real use for his character and plot line.

And was Bobby fired or did he quit? I missed his character when he left.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

His girlfriend's voice reminded me of Edith's in All In The Family. Nails on a chalkboard.

Also, what happened to the character in season 1 named John (I think?). There was an early episode where he had zero luck with woman then someone said use the marriage line on this woman and it worked and they got married right away. Kind of an odd little storyline. Not sure if the actor quit the show and they did away with him because they had no real use for his character and plot line.

She reminded me of Miracle Max's wife from The Princess Bride.

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah the voice was bad, but I always thought she was probably crazy in the sack, and that hair.

• 10 months later...