WTB: TX vs. LSU Tickets (2)

lnghrny

Longhorn alum living in Canada.

Wife just surprised with a trip to Austin for the LSU game, but am having a hard time getting tickets. If anyone's got a pair of tickets to sell, or know of someone looking to sell, I've got someone locally who can pick them up.

Thanks

I'm getting in the game lol. I'm not flying from Canada to stand outside! :(

Also, someone on CL has 2 tix in Sec 117 for 750 for the pair. I'm wary of purchasing on CL. What should I be looking for to make sure they're not counterfeit or a 2nd copy? They say it's hard tickets. 

Can I do the sale at the box office to verify they're legit tickets? Is that a thing?

On 8/28/2019 at 1:13 PM, utexas8 said:

Just use stub hub or Ticketmaster. More expensive but it’s safer.

fair enough.

Someone on CL has season tickets posted and said he can transfer than over through ticket exchange (which means I guess I get electronic tickets), while he still has the hard tickets. Any way I get screwed and can he use the hard tickets to get in? I've never used the ticket exchange or know anything about it. Is that a real thing that texas box office has started?

7 hours ago, lnghrny said:

fair enough.

Someone on CL has season tickets posted and said he can transfer than over through ticket exchange (which means I guess I get electronic tickets), while he still has the hard tickets. Any way I get screwed and can he use the hard tickets to get in? I've never used the ticket exchange or know anything about it. Is that a real thing that texas box office has started?

Apparently they have started this. I just checked my account and it gives the option to forward them by email, don't remember seeing this in past seasons. 

In my experience (Texans, Astros, rodeo) when you transfer tickets the hard tickets are no longer valid. 

Someone has two tickets section 129 $350 each. They even showed me a picture of the heart tickets with a barcode covered. What else should I be looking at for these hard tickets before buying them? My cousin is the one who's going to be picking them up and he doesn't know anything about it so I want to make sure he knows. Can these hard tickets be easily forged? 

Can we do this transaction at the box office to make sure everything is legit or am I just being too paranoid?

It’s hard to forge a ticket but be careful, because they could have already posted these on stubhub and sold them electronically and still have retained the original.  If they sold on stubhub the bar code won’t work when you get to the game.  Unfortunately this has happened to me.  Someone told me you can start a stubhub listing to sell with your barcode(s) and if it accepts then the ticket is still good but I haven’t done this myself.

20 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

It’s hard to forge a ticket but be careful, because they could have already posted these on stubhub and sold them electronically and still have retained the original.  If they sold on stubhub the bar code won’t work when you get to the game.  Unfortunately this has happened to me.  Someone told me you can start a stubhub listing to sell with your barcode(s) and if it accepts then the ticket is still good but I haven’t done this myself.

How do you check if they were sold on Stubhub?
I now am in possession of 2 hard tickets. Can I call Box office and see if they're still valid?

I might have to try the stubhub process but the tickets are in Austin and I'm in Canada. (cousin has them, not gonna make him go through that whole process)

so much fucking fail here - why didn't you just spend money on safe tickets instead of sweating it like a dumbass? that is literally why you don't buy stuff off of CL for big games where the secondary market is tight - who the fuck would sell tickets on there instead of stubhub or a legit vendor? a shady scammer fuck that's who.

No shit. I've used SeatGeek.com many times and never a bad experience. Right now they have 2 section 217 row 22 for $365 each. That's your best bet, unless you're just looking for a single ticket in which case you can sit 16 rows from the field for $486. 

Don't buy a ticket for a super in-demand game from anything but a legit reputable ticket exchange. 

3 hours ago, lnghrny said:

How do you check if they were sold on Stubhub?
I now am in possession of 2 hard tickets. Can I call Box office and see if they're still valid?

I might have to try the stubhub process but the tickets are in Austin and I'm in Canada. (cousin has them, not gonna make him go through that whole process)

You already bought the hard tickets? In that case, get to the gate about 2 hours before the gates open so you're right up front to be one of the first in. If they sold an electronic duplicate then whoever hits the gate first gets in. 

• Fuck You 1