2018 St Louis Cardinals Thread of Incompetence

pops

Holy shit, it's fun again.  I don't think that I have come home and turned on the Cardinal game to actually watch in quite a while.  Prior to Shildt, I would turn it on in passing to check the score.  Now, I turn it on for the pregame and actually watch it.  It's been a while since I didn't have a pit in my stomach knowing that they were either going to fold after getting down my a couple of runs or get up by a couple to only piss it away.

Strike outs are down, way down.  Walks are up.  Bullpen isn't getting misused.

Baseball is fun in STL again.

• Like 1

The dodgers will always hold a place in my heart because they are my dad's team and I still remember, as a little kid, listening to Scully on the call in the car, breaking up over the airways as we drove between some desert town to another as the warm smell of sage and rain filled the car..... But holy fuck what a great sweep!

• Like 1

I am too jaded to believe just yet, but there is a clear focus on this team that hasn't been there for a while.  At this point I'm becoming very cautiously optimistic with a 30% chance of heartbreak.

So what's the consensus on how far this team needs to go for Shildt to be tabbed for the permanent position?

If he actually gets them into the playoffs... Probably past the play in game, I would say he probably gets it. 

If by some crazy miracle they actually come back to win the division?  No question he gets it. 

The way they are playing, maybe he's already got it.

Edited by pops

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it was a good run. Will take a miracle now to reach the playoffs, but you have to think Mo’s seat is now hot. I cannot see DeWitt being okay missing the playoffs in 2019. I am not sure how you let Mo reshape this bullpen with his track record, but big changes are needed in a bunch of spots.

Waino resigns for 1 year

Eh.

I am actually ok with this. I heard it it in incentive driven, so he can give us flexibility. I do not trust our other starters to make it through the year, and I do not trust our bullpen as it currently stands. I think he will be a hybrid 6th starter, long reliever and even some spot closing duty.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Joe “13 Ghosts” Kelly with some solid work last night.

Watched him pitch at Chavez in 2012 in a meaningless 13 inning game in September. Fucker can bring it. And he signed my daughter's mitt walking to the bus so he's a stud in my book. Once a cardinal....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...