Jerry Falwell Jr. "may" have a thing for 20 something cock

Gil Bang

55 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

725284.jpg?itok=F7HBk2xQ

And where is the other woman?  Women infers more than one, right?

I'm sure I've already posted in the trivial things that make you surly thread about how it grinds my giblets when people mix up woman / women.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I seriously can't imagine why anyone would want to be faculty at Liberty.  Beyond the craziness, they don't even grant tenure.

tangent but zero universities should offer tenure. Lifetime appointment regardless if you continue to be effective in your job? They should consider themselves lucky if they get an annual contract. Most American workers don't even have an annual guarantee, and are constantly judged on their performance.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

tangent but zero universities should offer tenure. Lifetime appointment regardless if you continue to be effective in your job? They should consider themselves lucky if they get an annual contract. Most American workers don't even have an annual guarantee, and are constantly judged on their performance.

Tenure saves universities a lot of money.  It's much easier to pay in job security than in dollars.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, formermav43 said:

I don’t think those two things are correlated at all.

Yup, there's only calls for him to resign because he's running off black athletes.

Liberty University Poured Millions Into Sports. Now Its Black Athletes Are Leaving.

On May 27, annoyed at the state’s social distancing orders, Falwell Jr. tweeted an image of a mask emblazoned with a photo from Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam’s 1984 medical school yearbook of a man in Ku Klux Klan robes and another believed to be Northam in blackface. “If I am ordered to wear a mask, I will reluctantly comply, only if this picture of Governor Blackface himself is on it!” Falwell Jr. wrote.

Asia Todd, who was wrapping up her freshman year at Liberty, called the tweet her “breaking point.” Todd had been an important contributor on the women’s basketball team, starting 25 games and finishing fourth in scoring with 8.6 points a game. She had a bright future, confirmed by her postseason selection to the All-Freshman team in Liberty’s conference, the Atlantic Sun. But like Land, Todd’s moments of doubt about Liberty mostly came off the court. Life outside the gym could be isolating, she said. “There wasn’t much diversity on campus. In class, I was always one of the few Black people. That makes you feel as if you don’t really fit in.”

That feeling was only magnified at the school’s weekly convocation services, where conservative figures regularly come to address the students. Among the featured guests in the past academic year were British politician Nigel Farage (notorious for stoking xenophobia to win support for Brexit), right-wing provocateur Charlie Kirk (who has called systemic racism “a myth” and white privilege “a racist idea”), and Donald Trump Jr. (who occasionally promotes racist and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories on social media, among other things).

“A lot of stuff they said was highly questionable and made me uncomfortable—and I know I wasn’t the only one,” Todd said. “We would be like, ‘Did they really just say that?’ ” Still, “I never really thought about transferring until the tweet,” Todd said. “It made me question were they, like, against people of color?”

Todd wasn’t alone. A handful of Black faculty and staff members resigned in protest after the tweet, including LeeQuan McLaurin, who was Liberty’s director of diversity retention. There was also an open letter from 35 prominent alumni, including several former football stars. “Because of your callous rhetoric, we can no longer in good faith encourage students to attend our alma mater or accept athletic scholarships,” read the letter, which was turned into an online petition that now has about 40,000 signatures. (I reached out to several of the football alums who signed, but none wanted to talk on the record.)

The petition wasn’t the work of outside rabble-rousers. It was a desperate plea from longtime Black supporters of the school who’d finally grown weary of Falwell Jr. and his lack of restraint. At least a handful of Black former Liberty football players believe that Falwell Jr.’s support of Donald Trump is the reason for the school’s declining Black enrollment. One Black alumnus from the 1990s told me that back then, “it was way more diverse than it is now. The percentage of Blacks has absolutely plummeted over the last four years since Jerry went all-in on Trump.” (McLaurin, the now former diversity retention officer, previously told Slate that the school’s internal count recorded a drop in the Black residential student population from 10 percent in 2007 to just 4 percent in 2018. I reached out to Liberty several times to confirm those numbers, to speak to Falwell Jr.,  and to ask about Land, Todd, and others’ complaints about the school’s atmosphere but got no response.)

Edited by ultimaton

4 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

And I listened to the explanation for about 20 seconds.  Anyone who buys that is a dumbass but with all capital letters.  He's not even trying.

41 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

You kind of downplayed it when you characterized him as sounding drunk.  He is absolutely fucking shithammered.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You're working off the assumption that most tenured professors offer value to the school, I'm not.

Well, seeing as how I actually work at a university and you don't, I think I'm OK working off that assumption.

I think it's a sign that Liberty University is about to go under because the Board of Governors of the State University System of Florida has been directed by Governor DeSantis, that should Trump not be President in February...to vote to endorse Florida Atlantic University to offer itself up to become the host college for his Presidential Library.  

Liberty has transitioned to being a majority online school https://www.insidehighered.com/digital-learning/article/2019/12/17/colleges-and-universities-most-online-students-2018

If Liberty was a stock, I would be buying it. Online student will flock to schools that have both an online and physical location. Having an "traditional" campus feels more legitimate.

Don't get me wrong, I've been laughing at Liberty since the early 2000s with their outrageous students rules but they're going to be making bank. Falwell will eventually be pushed to the board, and still earn millions but I don't think he will survive much longer as their leader.

10 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Did he call into a rock station “morning zoo” type show? Sounded like they were yukking it up. 

http://wlni.com/news/jerry-falwell-jr-responds-to-viral-instagram-post

Actually think it's with their 'MorningLine' show.

https://wlni.com/meet-the-wlni-news-team

Capture-290x300.png

brian-1-247x300.png

Edited by Dnaguy

On 8/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Liberty has transitioned to being a majority online school https://www.insidehighered.com/digital-learning/article/2019/12/17/colleges-and-universities-most-online-students-2018

If Liberty was a stock, I would be buying it. Online student will flock to schools that have both an online and physical location. Having an "traditional" campus feels more legitimate.

Don't get me wrong, I've been laughing at Liberty since the early 2000s with their outrageous students rules but they're going to be making bank. Falwell will eventually be pushed to the board, and still earn millions but I don't think he will survive much longer as their leader.

Their kids go to school drink, smoke, and fuck like everywhere else, they just lie about it like any other christian fraud school.

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You say that like day drinking is bad sir. I can’t wait for my son to get to college and retire so I csn day drunk with greater frequency. Only 15 more years...

Careful what you ask for, my son is colleging at home right now, my wife is here, I can’t drink anything anytime without someone watching, unless I get up at 3am or so. I recommend a second or third home, where you can go relax.  But then you can’t retire, because someone has to pay for that shit.  2020 sucks.