Jerry Falwell Jr. "may" have a thing for 20 something cock

Gil Bang

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Long Politico story on how Liberty University seems to funnel money to the Falwells and anyone associated with them. (I know, big surprise) Easy to keep dissent down when everyone high up in the university needs Jr. to fund their life.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/09/jerry-falwell-liberty-university-loans-227914

have to admit that I was unaware that Falwell jr. wasn’t a minister, and instead calls himself a real estate developer, lawyer, and of course university president. Jr. sounds almost exactly like trump in terms of how he runs Liberty. Money flows to the falwells.  Family is promoted to top positions. Hypocritical personal actions especially for someone running a religious school that goes as far as punishing students for coed dancing.  But the president and his son are running and partying at a Miami nightclub isn’t a problem?

and as far as politics, liberty doesn’t seem to care that they are violating their tax status by promoting politics. But since they promote trump, who’s going to go after them? And if a future administration goes after them, I’m sure liberty will respond it’s because they’re a Christian school.

Just read this as well. Sounds like the brother Jonathan is the meek, spiritual one who has been marginalized by the Trumpy brother Jerry Jr. Also, I didn’t get the gay/homo accusation out of this but also felt it was more cuck related and financial grift motivated, based on this reporting at least.

Interesting to see this guy took the 287$mm valued Liberty his old man left him and he’s grown it into a 3bn enterprise on the backs of 100k online students. Sheesh. 

I didn’t realize schools like this or Oral roberts or Ouachita Baptist we’re taken seriously. Obviously Wake Forest is a decent school and Baylor as well (despite how often we tell each other it’s not), but those other schools seemed like UifPhoenix or Western governer U to me

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Long Politico story on how Liberty University seems to funnel money to the Falwells and anyone associated with them. (I know, big surprise) Easy to keep dissent down when everyone high up in the university needs Jr. to fund their life.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/09/jerry-falwell-liberty-university-loans-227914

have to admit that I was unaware that Falwell jr. wasn’t a minister, and instead calls himself a real estate developer, lawyer, and of course university president. Jr. sounds almost exactly like trump in terms of how he runs Liberty. Money flows to the falwells.  Family is promoted to top positions. Hypocritical personal actions especially for someone running a religious school that goes as far as punishing students for coed dancing.  But the president and his son are running and partying at a Miami nightclub isn’t a problem?

and as far as politics, liberty doesn’t seem to care that they are violating their tax status by promoting politics. But since they promote trump, who’s going to go after them? And if a future administration goes after them, I’m sure liberty will respond it’s because they’re a Christian school.

“We’re not a school; we’re a real estate hedge fund,” said a senior university official with inside knowledge of Liberty’s finances. “We’re not educating; we’re buying real estate every year and taking students’ money to do it.”

• Like 2

Institutions have to start somewhere, and at one time Baylor was some itty bitty speck in Independence, Texas. Now they waver between respectable and utter lack of institutional control. Liberty is no different, their ground rules are 'buying respectability is more expedient than earning it.'

26 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I didn’t realize schools like this or Oral roberts or Ouachita Baptist we’re taken seriously.

Uh, they aren't

I'm pretty sure my reaction when I see someone graduated from Liberty is the same as when I see someone graduated from Phoenix.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

"Many knew Jerry Falwell Sr. and remember him with clear affection. 'The day that man died was the day I lost a father,' one current university official said. All count themselves as conservatives. Many are strong supporters of Trump."

Fuck all of those people. Falwell Sr. was a corrupt televangelist phony who was running a racket. He was a snake oil salesman just like Swaggert, Bakker, Robinson, and all the rest. The Falwells are all grifters just like the Trumps. Drawing the line at Jr. is completely disingenuous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, relapse98 said:

Uh, they aren't

I'm pretty sure my reaction when I see someone graduated from Liberty is the same as when I see someone graduated from Phoenix.

I hear ya, and I agree.  However Liberty seems to be growing in a way that Phoenix can't and didn't. They appear to function as a for-profit school under the guise of a Christian school. I also believe their law school directs many graduates into govt and politics.  They have a medical school (DO.)  

EDIT: On a separate thread. US News came out with their school rankings. Liberty is down in the lower section (#290-380) along with SFA, Sam Houston, Texas State baby A&Ms, UTEP, etc.  Nothing to brag about but Liberty probably has more of an ability to move up faster.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

“We’re not a school; we’re a real estate hedge fund,” said a senior university official with inside knowledge of Liberty’s finances. “We’re not educating; we’re buying real estate every year and taking students’ money to do it.”

And much like their orange clad god, they will go bankrupt playing the real estate game.  There is a good podcast called "Spectacular Failures" that looks at Jim Bakker's spiral into bankruptcy.  It made the point that he served as a cautionary tale to other televangelists to stay out of real estate development and stick to dancing around on TV asking for money.  There are no liabilities doing that.

In the case of Liberty, they're creating long term debts financed from a short term revenue stream (private school tuition) that will likely dry up over the next 10 years.  His customer base of evangelicals is also declining rapidly so there's that.

• Like 1

From the linked article:

At Liberty, Falwell is “very, very vocal” about his “sex life,” in the words of one Liberty official—a characterization multiple current and former university officials and employees interviewed for this story support. In a car ride about a decade ago with a senior university official who has since left Liberty, “all he wanted to talk about was how he would nail his wife, how she couldn’t handle [his penis size], and stuff of that sort,” this former official recalled. Falwell did not respond to questions about this incident.

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

From the linked article:

At Liberty, Falwell is “very, very vocal” about his “sex life,” in the words of one Liberty official—a characterization multiple current and former university officials and employees interviewed for this story support. In a car ride about a decade ago with a senior university official who has since left Liberty, “all he wanted to talk about was how he would nail his wife, how she couldn’t handle [his penis size], and stuff of that sort,” this former official recalled. Falwell did not respond to questions about this incident.

That's code for "I'm a cuck who loves to watch my wife get reamed out any chance I get".

Csb/Ron Roberts, son of Oral Roberts was my high school Chinese teacher in Tulsa. He was a linguist and spoke a number of languages. He told a story about how his wife wanted to be hired onto ORU faculty, so he had to teach her to speak in tongues for the "interview".

Aside:1st time I smoked pot was with him. He's dead. Committed suicide.

• Like 2

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jerry-falwell-jr-fbi-investigation-liberty-university

Bold move of Falwell inviting the FBI to investigate former Liberty University employees leaking emails against him. Of course, there could be a big difference in saying you asked the FBI to investigate and an actual FBI investigation.

He's also threatening civil lawsuits of people that go against him.

Very Trumpian of him in these threats.

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jerry-falwell-jr-fbi-investigation-liberty-university

Bold move of Falwell inviting the FBI to investigate former Liberty University employees leaking emails against him. Of course, there could be a big difference in saying you asked the FBI to investigate and an actual FBI investigation.

He's also threatening civil lawsuits of people that go against him.

Very Trumpian of him in these threats.

Yeah, I'm thinking that's not the sort of invitation the FBI would respond to, other than to say, "Who the fuck are you to ask us to fight your private political battles for you?"

Yes, very Trumpian. 

• 7 months later...
Guest Lobo

Hey uh, Jerry...we're having a little send-off for the philosophy department.  You wanna come by for a slice of cake and a drink?

No thanks, I already filled up on cock earlier.  Tell 'em good riddance. 

I can't fathom wanting to send a child there.
One of my friends is getting her master's there. Nice devout Christian (but not in the psycho evangelism vein) that insulates herself from most secular topics.

She got totally scammed simply by the fact they are "Christian".

Sad really

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Liberty University by December:

”Due to budget cuts made necessary by Obamagate and by the heretical lawsuits filed by wicked fallen souls who wrongly blame us instead of China for the deaths of our former students who heroically came to class and paid their parking fees like Christian warrior patriots when we refused to conduct online classes, we are forced to eliminate, effective immediately, all degrees offered by Liberty University, with one exception.   Students are encouraged to enroll in our remaining degree of “How to Be a Ho ... for God.”

How to Be a Ho ... for God will prepare you for life in these new times with a curriculum that combines Biblical teachings and free market capitalism in its oldest and purest form.  Jerry Falwell, Jr.  will personally instruct you on a variety of subjects, and will even partner with you outside the classroom in your actual career  for only a percentage of your earnings!  He will personally handle client bookings and various other value adding administrative functions on your behalf so that you can focus on what you do best - servicing all of God’s subjects.   Don’t miss this opportunity of a lifetime!”

140207_2722341_Velvet_Jones_anvver_3.jpg

On 8/27/2019 at 6:56 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Well, all the other guys confess, cry on television and then commence to selling drums of mashed potato goo, so thoughts and prayers little Jerry, thoughts and prayers. Oh, and while you're at it, try some of that Miracle Spring Water. Hallelujah!

Wat?

On 9/9/2019 at 7:02 PM, Nolacycling said:

Csb/Ron Roberts, son of Oral Roberts was my high school Chinese teacher in Tulsa. He was a linguist and spoke a number of languages. He told a story about how his wife wanted to be hired onto ORU faculty, so he had to teach her to speak in tongues for the "interview".

Aside:1st time I smoked pot was with him. He's dead. Committed suicide.

Myuncle, Ronald David Roberts, was the oldest son of Oral Roberts, one of the first televangelists in America. At age 37, Uncle Ronnie was found in a car on the side of a backcountry road, shot dead. He was gay and closeted and, for 10 years now, I have been chasing what few facts remain about the part of his life my family has swept under the rug.

I chase after this private history because I am gay as well and, if I am silent, my family could erase me the way they have tried to erase my uncle.

In the world of my childhood – spent on a Pentecostal compound in Oklahoma – my uncle Ronnie was a hothouse flower: the way he laughed; the way he smiled through his beard; his professorial cardigan; his glasses; his pipe.

I remember him the way you might remember the way the sky was lit on a great day 20 years ago: brightly yet faintly. In my sole memory of him, he was sitting in my grandmother’s den, but to my chagrin he wasn’t smoking. I asked him, “Uncle Ronnie, why aren’t you smoking?” I was only five years old, maybe six. He laughed: “It’s bad enough I walk into your Munna’s house with this beard, kid. I’m not going to smoke in Munna’s house, too.”

That’s all I have: one memory of a man who was dead by the time I was seven.

Last month, I flew to Los Angeles to find what other people who knew him better can still remember. I arrived in Orange County in May with the sky overcast and jacarandas spilling purple flowers onto neighborhood streets. I was visiting Don Pierstorff, a retiree who worked as a teaching assistant with Uncle Ronnie at USC.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/13/oral-roberts-oklahoma-gay-culture-closeted

This is the logical next step in the Republican/evangelical playbook to erode institutions. Get rid of the thousand year old western liberal arts education. An electorate composed of well rounded thinkers is not compatible with their goals.

The Trumpkin hoard will buy it because of the word "liberal." Billionaires don't want people questioning them anyway.

It's Liberty today, aggy tomorrow, someday UT.

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Liberty fans seem generally pissed, but Fallwell is more than a president there so I doubt anyone really cares what their alums think. It's a weird place that's for sure.

https://forums.aseaofred.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27194&sid=2e1c9063ab22b5c6cd36d226691bc530

I have never heard of a bigger oxymoron...

This has always been my biggest pet peeve with LU. It could/should be positioned as the preeminent thought leading Christian Evangelical University They should be at the forefront of Evangelical thought, practice, Apologetics, Missions etc. LU should be churning out great Evangelical thought Leaders. I have little problem with the formation of Political Think tanks at the University if there were corresponding Evangelical Think tanks as well. Instead..

than "Evangelical thought."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Wat?

First reference is to Jim Baker and his prepper endtimes food. It's a drum of potato soup, but think of it as cheap freeze dried potato flakes that you water down into soup. You would think that after having an affair, crying on television, going to prison, and getting out he would stop trying to scam people, but the grift is a gift from God I guess.

Second reference is to the Peter Popoff's Miracle Spring Water.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

I have never heard of a bigger oxymoron...

than "Evangelical thought."

My favorite from a different thread...

Specifically Liberty and BYU also labor under intense and unspoken bias against true conservative religious schools. While there are a number of historically religious schools (ND, Baylor, Boston College, TCU, SMU, etc.), most are only in name only, and have cultures that are anti-religious and very "woke."

That damn woke Baylor

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

I applied there after hs because they had a free application. I had no idea they were a right wing institution as a 17 year old.

I might have the wrong surly -- didn't you end up at Baylor?