Cop helps himself to a free Mcflurry behind the counter....

hornhorn

A recall a college friend working late night shifts at a convenience store. He said that he gave cops basically whatever they wanted because they would frequently stop by. It’s a low cost security system.  I don’t recall him implying theft or that he was threatened if he didn’t give them free drinks and snacks. It was more that if he charged then, they would stop stopping by.

Im picturing this cop walking past a crowded line to make himself his own dessert at McDonald’s. I don’t know if it’s stealing if the employees and most likely the owner do not care. It’s definitely bad PR and poor judgement on the cops part.

50 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

The McFlurry was merely the vehicle for expressing decades of rage towards police abuse.

I was citing the aggression from both sides.  Over practice, we are talking about a McFlurry man.  That is some hot ass kindling going on there.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

A recall a college friend working late night shifts at a convenience store. He said that he gave cops basically whatever they wanted because they would frequently stop by. It’s a low cost security system.

At the convenience store where I worked (on Jeff Davis Avenue next to the Food Stamp Office) I had an even better security system: Giant Black Dude who'd show up in make-up rocking a red dress. All he ever wanted were his Benson & Hedges Menthol 100s, and he paid $ for them. A side effect of his visits were that every shop-lifting Ute in the neighborhood would clear out like rats seeing a bobcat, and they'd stay gone the rest of the shift.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

It just occurred to me, in a year or so in Mexico, I never saw a cop there just reach over and take something.

I am sure they are well taken care of, and got freebies, but still, this guy could learn some manners from them.

They just take stuff from all of the citizens, like bribes, and stuff.

Policing that beat...only two ways a man can make it home to his family at night.  Fabricating evidence to unlawfully obtain a bogus no-knock search warrant which is then used to open fire on innocent civilians allotting time to plant more evidence before unlawfully seizing property as the ballistics experts manipulate the crime scene in order to paint you as the hero for no reason whatsoever other than you enjoy murdering people...AND...grabbing frozen confections wherever and whenever you can.  This is my beat, these are my stories.  

in the age of mobile phone videos, people don’t have a problem for calling out police. 10 years ago that cop would have found a reason to arrest the people complaining and filming.  I know those bogus arrest still happen today but cops are probably aware that they’re one filmed incident away from losing their job.

its unfortunate that it’s come to this but the police as whole are to blame for not weeding the bad ones. 

I still assume that the people yelling at the cop are more upset that he most likely cut in line by just making the dessert himself.  Whether he pays or not, is between him and the McDonald’s crew. 

So many of these conflicts seem to have terrible communication b/w the cops and the other parties. I'll bet the owner of the McDonald's welcomes having police officers in there regularly. He needs to tell his employess that, and the cops need to not act like jackasses. Stand in line and we'll give you a free McFlurry every time.

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

in the age of mobile phone videos, people don’t have a problem for calling out police. 10 years ago that cop would have found a reason to arrest the people complaining and filming.  I know those bogus arrest still happen today but cops are probably aware that they’re one filmed incident away from losing their job.

its unfortunate that it’s come to this but the police as whole are to blame for not weeding the bad ones. 

I still assume that the people yelling at the cop are more upset that he most likely cut in line by just making the dessert himself.  Whether he pays or not, is between him and the McDonald’s crew. 

She made a good point in that he went back there and is handling the food and equipment without washing his hands. He's been out in the car scratching his junk, palming a steering wheel that has had his sweaty hands on it for 10 hours a day for the past 2 years, wiping his ass, and then he walks in behind the counter and touches everything. He should be at least suspended and the McDonalds should be fined for allowing it. I know the McDonalds manager probably doesn't have much choice in the matter, knowing how some police are, but it might be enough to spur corporate into putting pressure on local government to make this an actual offense.

4 minutes ago, retread said:

So many of these conflicts seem to have terrible communication b/w the cops and the other parties. I'll bet the owner of the McDonald's welcomes having police officers in there regularly. He needs to tell his employess that, and the cops need to not act like jackasses.

But he shouldn't be behind the counter. He isn't serv safe certified and I wouldn't want him around where food is being prepared, given the kind of people he has to deal with. 

• Like 1