Jack Ryan - Season 2

TrashMaster G

I'm six in and going to watch the last two today. I've really enjoyed it so far. The soundtrack nicely keeps the suspense up and it has fewer of the unrealistic aspects of S1 that were annoying. All of the actors have been God as well. Good stuff.

I downloaded the whole season when I was in Europe last week - it was good enough to binge and to keep me awake on the flight home...  Not a spoiler but not enough of the blonde girlfriend compared to last season...

Edited by Grimas

2 hours ago, gecko said:

Explain to me what special skill Uber has that warranted being paid $20k to drive a boat....

Not sure but the ability to fix the cracked fiberglass hull seemed to come in handy.......

Finished last night, thought this season was much better than the first although I wasn't a huge fan of the last episode, both the climax and the payoff seemed to be a little meh and way to easy to see coming from a mile away. But overall entertaining.   

Spoiler from the finale...

Spoiler

So the one part that made me chuckle out loud is in the finale when they are in the Presidential Palace and the CIA Station Chief guy looks at Ryan and says very seriously "Don't go after Reyes, we're not cleared for that", as if they would be cleared to fly a military chopper to the palace and mow down 30 of his soldiers.  But don't go after Reyes...

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 5

On 11/4/2019 at 2:47 PM, Mojo Hand said:

I'm surprised by all the love here.  Season 2 was some of the stupidest shit I've seen in a long time.  Different strokes, I guess. 

Maybe it’s kind of an intelligence test for our shaggy, err...surly brethren.  

How many of those of you that enjoyed it watched  it sober?

2 hours ago, LCHorn said:

Maybe it’s kind of an intelligence test for our shaggy, err...surly brethren.  

How many of those of you that enjoyed it watched  it sober?

I enjoyed it for mindless entertainment.  It was definitely stupid.

Plot spoiler

Spoiler

And the plot feels awfully lame.  Some Senator and the Venezuelan dictator wanted to make money illegally mining Tantalum in Venezuela?  Just feels weak.  Not every plot has to be a terrorist attack that gets thwarted, but I expected something more meaningful than that.  

i really hate to agree with the ultra-contrarian, everything sucks and i am so superior projection that posts like mojo's in this thread have but on this one...i am seriously wondering if i watched a different show than some of you watched.  that was absolutely fucking retarded in virtually every possible way.  high quality production value but almost every single element of the story was just eye-roll worthy.  i mean, i guess rampant south american government corruption is fairly sensical but the actual plot combined with the deus ex machina that occurs at each crisis just made me laugh repeatedly.

but yeah, different strokes for different folks.  not gonna yuck on your yum any further.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sidis said:

i really hate to agree with the ultra-contrarian, everything sucks and i am so superior projection that posts like mojo's in this thread have but on this one...i am seriously wondering if i watched a different show than some of you watched.  that was absolutely fucking retarded in virtually every possible way.  high quality production value but almost every single element of the story was just eye-roll worthy.  i mean, i guess rampant south american government corruption is fairly sensical but the actual plot combined with the deus ex machina that occurs at each crisis just made me laugh repeatedly.

but yeah, different strokes for different folks.  not gonna yuck on your yum any further.

I agree with your take.  High budget with some great location scouts apparently, but with bad/lazy writing... Wants to be Homeland, but can't even compete with the lesser seasons of that series... a let down (for all the hype)

4 hours ago, sidis said:

So it’s like a Tom Clancy novel?

I like how the right-wing Venzuelan dictator (fucking lulz) was competent and evil enough to have the

Minister of the Interior murdered, and yet was so afraid of losing a democratic election that he tried to buy off his opponent by giving her a Cabinet position

Seems to me he'd just

fucking have her thrown down a well too

This bullshit show was nothing but propaganda.  I couldn't watch it after the totally cheesy infiltration of the ship... ohhh I found a clipboard and safety vest... deep cover mother fuckers! Then they escape running like hell only to stop on a bridge 20 yards away to have a 15 minute plot exposition that no one gives a shit about.

Image result for the critic it stinks gif

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 1

You don't find it realistic that the US would send a single helicopter with a couple of nonmilitary dudes in it to land in the middle of a national capital building to start shooting the place up.

I mean when you say it like that. But you gotta admit if Harrison ford ten years younger was the lead it would have been completely believable.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You don't find it realistic that the US would send a single helicopter with a couple of nonmilitary dudes in it to land in the middle of a national capital building to start shooting the place up.

Not just "the US", but wasn't it the fucking ambassador to Venezuela that sent them? Because ambassadors have a lot of military options at their unilateral disposal. 

I'm trying to imagine the phone call after the fact explaining military intervention to the President.

• 3 weeks later...

As a big fan of the original books and movies, and as a fan of some of the actors in this series, I really, really want to like this show, but it's ridiculous, & just isn't very good.

That shit at the Presidential Palace was just an absolute  insult to everyone's intelligence.

Edited by wood

• 2 months later...
On 2/25/2020 at 12:30 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

I'm pretty sure I saw Jim come this close to smirking at the camera in ep 2 or 3.

Also, agree with atom above: "Never get out of the fucking boat. Absolutely goddamn right."

well they had to create some  extra drama.

and the writers ( thank god) didnt go to the old standby of the protagonists teenage kids making mind-numingly stupid decisions causing the protagonist to have to save them so the audience doesnt freak out that idiot kid 1 & 2 just died..... my opinion when they write that shit into shows is to fucking kill the idiot kids and be done with it.

• 1 month later...