2019 Football Season Game Prediction Contest

Huckleberry

What's up, assholes? Welcome to the 2019 Football Season Game Prediction Contest. I did this a long time ago on HornFans, then for the first time on shaggy in 2014, and now we are here at surly. Thanks to blacklab we are now (again) moving the prediction contest into the automated age.

Do not put your entry in this thread.
Click on the link below to enter your prediction:

CONTEST LINK

2014 winner - laga4
2015 winner - EZ$
2016 winner - knoxtnhorn
2017 winner - EZ$
2018 winner - mdmost

Rules:

1. An exactly correct prediction gets 200 points. 2 points are deducted for every point you miss the margin by and 1 point is deducted for every point you miss the total by. 25 points are deducted for not predicting the correct winner (pick a tie and you're automatically docked 25 points). Minimum score is zero. So go ahead and make smartass predictions, no sweat off my back.

Example: You guess Texas 31, Louisiana Tech 13. Final score is Texas 41, Louisiana Tech 7. Your score is 200-2*(34-18)-(48-44)=164.

2. Entries close at 5 minutes before listed gametime on the TexasSports.com team schedule page.

3. All your scores are added up for the season long contest.

4. Tiebreaker for each game is order of entry. The prediction post that is entered first in the contest among the tied entries wins the tiebreaker.

5. Tiebreaker for season long contest is placement for the final game of the season prediction. Doesn't matter if it's a bowl game, a national semifinal, a national championship game, or the Texas Tech game if we don't make a bowl. Whatever the final game played is, that's the tiebreaker.

That's it. Keep in mind that the tiebreaker and other rules are from last year and they may be tweaked based on the needs for blacklab's coding. Any other necessary rules or rule changes will be made up on the fly. Good luck. Overall season winner gets jack shit from me, but...

6. Optional Prize Money - Posters may choose to pay the $25 entry fee but are not required to do so. Each week the top-ranked poster of those who are in the prize pool will receive $25. At the end of the season the top three overall finishers will receive 50%, 30%, and 20% respectively of the remaining pool.

To enter the paid version paypal $25 to bob at tanmutt.com.
Once you've done that send blacklab a PM so he can mark you as paid in the software.
Please put your surly username in the note at PayPal, probably best to mention the prediction contest as well.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I have to think there are going to be identical score predictions, what happens to the $25 in that case? 

Say 2 people guess Texas/ou correctly at 69-0, do they each get $12.50?

4. Tiebreaker for each game is order of entry. The prediction post that is entered first in the contest among the tied entries wins the tiebreaker.

4 minutes ago, Ben Ficus said:

This is awesome but there is a downside to the automated page: No funny nicknames for the opponent.

This week, it's Texas and LSU Jr.

He can change the thread title based on the most funny names every week if he wants

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

1. An exactly correct prediction gets 200 points. 2 points are deducted for every point you miss the margin by and 1 point is deducted for every point you miss the total by. 25 points are deducted for not predicting the correct winner (pick a tie and you're automatically docked 25 points). Minimum score is zero. So go ahead and make smartass predictions, no sweat off my back.

E

What if it does end in a tie?

no, but you should

I've updated who has paid.

If you paid and don't have a $ next to your name pm me your paypal email

If you are going to pay be sure to put your username in the paypal message, no need to pm me if you do

Edited by blacklab

15 minutes ago, blacklab said:

need to put in your username, the email you are using here and any password

it just checks to see if your username and email match.

I've tried over and over.  Obviously I know my user name, and I have only used 2 email accounts ever, and I've tried both over and over.  

I'm an idiot so it's probably me.