2019 Football Season Game Prediction Contest

Huckleberry

no

Just curious if im missing something or if the program just goofed but i noticed that out of the people that had 45 pts for texas that the groups that were off by more pts on okie score were ahead of me/huck/ghost who were only off by 3 on okie score 

So a prediction that was 45-37 has more points than my 45-27...same texas score but closer on the okie st score

Just curious if im missing something or if the program just goofed but i noticed that out of the people that had 45 pts for texas that the groups that were off by more pts on okie score were ahead of me/huck/ghost who were only off by 3 on okie score So a prediction that was 45-37 has more points than my 45-27...same texas score but closer on the okie st score  

Spread difference counts more (2 pts) than total points difference (1 pt). On your examples above:

45-37 = 8 pt spread and 82 total points

45-27 = 18 pt spread and 72 total points

Actual score 36-30 = 6 pt spread and 66 total points.

So:

45-37 = 2(8-6) + 1(82-66) = 20 pt deduction

45-27 = 2(18-6) + 1(72-66) = 30 pt deduction

• Like 2

Spread difference counts more (2 pts) than total points difference (1 pt). On your examples above:

So:

45-37 = 2(8-6) + 1(16) = 20 pt deduction

45-27 = 2(18-6) + 1(6) = 30 pt deduction

Gotcha...gracias

On 9/23/2019 at 7:37 PM, Modessit said:

So:

45-37 = 2(8-6) + 1(82-66) = 20 pt deduction

45-27 = 2(18-6) + 1(72-66) = 30 pt deduction

b46c32f45e3a9e88b2ec7651a3e3c00f.gif

Well F-me.
After a reboot, the contest site wants me to login... but no combination of username or email and password works....  No automated way to reset the pw.
Any chance of whacking the pw on  my contest acct?

It should be the same pw and username as here.

the formula works out weird. 

Consider the WV game.  Score 42-31

Here's a couple of the guesses (from results page).  16 is a better  prediction than 17.   He's 4 points closer on the Texas score, and the same on the WV score, but they get the same points?  Seems goofy.  

16 dnaguy (41 - 27) 189  
17 Iguana (37 - 27)

actual margin = 11
actual total = 73

start with 200, subtract 2 for each point off on margin, 1 point per total off

dna guy
--margin = 14
--total = 68

margin off by 3, total off by 5,   200 - (2x3) - 5 = 189

iguana
--margin = 10
--total = 64

margin off by 1, total off by 9, 200 - (1x2) - 9 = 189

• Like 1

Any reason why a prediction wouldn't be saved? Put in my prediction either Thursday or Friday, checked again yesterday when the game ended to see if the scores had been updated yet. Both times my prediction (38-24) showed but now it shows I didn't make one... Not like I've got money on it or anything but still confusing

12 hours ago, B00M said:

Predicted 41-20.. It was 42-24 until the final minute garbage time WVU TD fucked me into 4th in the paying pool.

I feel your pain, I predicted 41-24 - all it took to ruin my day was 2 4th down conversion leading to a meaningless score.
Oh well - always next week.
Fuck OU (still working out all the maths to get my picks in)

Related image

On 10/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

Any reason why a prediction wouldn't be saved? Put in my prediction either Thursday or Friday, checked again yesterday when the game ended to see if the scores had been updated yet. Both times my prediction (38-24) showed but now it shows I didn't make one... Not like I've got money on it or anything but still confusing

Just "saved" my pick again but I'm putting it here too in case there's any fuckery again. 

Texas 41

Clippy 38

I set up a spreadsheet for my game picks so that I can track my score immediately after the games.  (No, I don't have a life.)  I used the equation in the first post in the thread, and I have a glitch or something that I can't figure out.  All of the points for the games match the website except the points for the LSU game.  The website shows that I got 131 points for that prediction, but my spreadsheet shows 143 points.  Where am I messing up?

Also, when will the ousucks game results be posted?